Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:49:11 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films That Just Strangely Stop « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Films That Just Strangely Stop  (Read 4129 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 08:55:19 PM »

COLOSSUS SPOILER WARNING: I thougt Colossus was pretty clear - the computers Colossus and Guardian have taken over, for the "good" of humanity enforcing "peace" and if you don't like it, they'll blow you out of existence.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »

This one spider movie (can't recall the title) it ends with the survivors (who have barricaded themselves in a building) looking outside only to discover the entire town is coated in a spider web.  

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 09:13:40 PM »

From my MST3K collection;

I thought Sidehackers just abroubtly ends.  Yeah, you can figure out what happens,  Rommel dies and the bad guy is arrested by the approaching cops (the movie's old, I don't care about posting spoiler warnings for it)  

But all we see in the film is Rommel being shot in the back.  

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »

A SERIOUS MAN bothered me in the theater because it ended so abruptly without resolution, but the more I think about it the less it bothers me.

WingedSerpent: The MST3K movies are often cut for time and content, so it may have made more sense in the original version.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 09:31:39 PM »

This one spider movie (can't recall the title) it ends with the survivors (who have barricaded themselves in a building) looking outside only to discover the entire town is coated in a spider web.  

That would be Kingdom of the Spiders, but I didn't really feel the way about the film.

From my MST3K collection;

I thought Sidehackers just abroubtly ends.  Yeah, you can figure out what happens,  Rommel dies and the bad guy is arrested by the approaching cops (the movie's old, I don't care about posting spoiler warnings for it) 

But all we see in the film is Rommel being shot in the back. 

Sidehackers was another film I thought about, but didn't bring up.  The film's ending blows.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 01:47:36 AM »

No Country For Old Men has a rather abrupt ending, but I think I like it better that way.

good call. haven't read the book, perhaps the book ends like that too, maybe.

THE ITALIAN JOB - the end is not exactly the place I thought it would end...a bit of a cliffhanger in fact  TeddyR

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, the book, does end essentially the same, although the time-frames are a bit different.

Since we're comparing Coen brother films, A SERIOUS MAN, ends the same way.

But I think it was integral, especially in the case of A SERIOUS MAN, for those movies to end that way.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 06:18:53 AM »

Dracula 3000 has one of the biggest WTF? endings ever.  It's just Erika Eleniak and Tiny Lister on a spaceship, cut to exterior view, spaceship explodes, roll credits. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 08:51:22 AM »

Cafe' Flesh ends in mid-bang.

Babies taste best.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 03:35:48 AM »

The first Evil Dead movie.  The motorcycle from hell  TeddyR approaches Ash and.. the end!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
ChaosTheory

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 07:39:39 PM »

Dracula 3000 has one of the biggest WTF? endings ever.  It's just Erika Eleniak and Tiny Lister on a spaceship, cut to exterior view, spaceship explodes, roll credits. 

They had to fly into the sun or something to kill the vampire strain, right?  Lord that movie was stupid.

I came in to post A Serious Man but I see a couple people beat me to it. I'll add Barton Fink (kind of  a theme with the Coens, isn't it?) and There Will Be Blood.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Cujo
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »

Cujo, seriously it just ends. What happened about the cheating wife and the violent lover who wrecked the house???? It resolves nothing brought up in the story.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films That Just Strangely Stop « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.