Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:04 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most disturbing film ever? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Most disturbing film ever?  (Read 22108 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »

I bought a movie  on a dare from Shocking Video called SQUIRM FEST. Basiclly it involves an asian women eating some really nasty things....I threw it in the garbage....I felt unclean having it my home.

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is a sick, sadistic waste of film. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 05:23:38 PM »

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is a sick, sadistic waste of film. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Call me sick,RC, but I actually liked ISOYG. A while back meand a friend were drunk at a bar and we came to te conclusion that the film's budget was mostly spent on high quality film because the movie looked so nice. It can be an unpleasant watch, for sure, but I think the film is well done as far as the rape-revenge genre goes.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 06:17:02 AM »

Cannibal Holocaust disturbed the hell out of me ~ not the human violence so much, but the animal killings.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Conf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 04:19:02 AM »

Definitely Funny Games.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »

Cannibal Holocaust disturbed the hell out of me ~ not the human violence so much, but the animal killings.  Buggedout

I'm right there with you on that one, Trevor.  I can't handle animal torture in a movie even when i know it's fake.  And in CH it, um, wasn't.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »

I'm right there with you on that one, Trevor.  I can't handle animal torture in a movie even when i know it's fake.  And in CH it, um, wasn't.

Neither was it in Robot Monster, yet you all have nothing against the scenes.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »

I can't watch animal torture either. Animals or kids.

The altered ending of The Mist, although I thought it was ingeniously horrifying, bothered me for a long time after seeing it.

Watched Shutter Island last night, and the final flashback was really hard to watch. But I think I liked the movie and the ending enough to lessen it.

But the movie that might actually top my list, possibly even outdoing Shocking Asia, is The Butterfly Effect. I saw it once in the theatre, and I will not watch it again. Child molestation, torching a kid's dog in a sack, a baby getting blown up, and just horrible things happening to the kids, either at the hands of adults or worse still, each other. And nothing good in the movie to offset that. Six years later, I can still get a mild sense of revulsion just seeing the title in the TV listings. Hate that movie.

The irony is that Stephen King's IT, with a monster feeding exclusively on children (in clown form, no less), doesn't bother me that much. Maybe because the kids empower themselves and defeat it. The only thing I found really disturbing was a character in the book who didn't even make it into the TV movie. Patrick Hockstetter was far more disturbing for me than Pennywise.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »

Do you mean the fighting lizards?

---------------------
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »

Do you mean the fighting lizards?

Yeah, you remember the topic in which we discussed the scene. The idea is how brinking 2 lizards together to fight is putting tham in a dangerous situation, for the purpose of shooting a movie scene, for entertainment. That is animal torture.
voltron

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »

Threads (1984). A made for TV movie (don't let that scare you off) about WWIII set in England. Truly disturbing. The ending was completely devasting.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »

The altered ending of The Mist, although I thought it was ingeniously horrifying, bothered me for a long time after seeing it.

The ending I saw on Showtime had the father kill his son, the friend and the old couple.  Is the ending you are talking about?  Or is this the regular one?

The one I saw on Showtime was very disturbing.  I don't know if I could do that to my son and the find out that help was about five minutes away.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 11:29:35 AM »

Yep, that was the ending. Very disturbing.

---------------------
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »

The Tracey Fragments

Ellen Page as a troubled girl that runs away from home. Disturbing and actually scary scenes, featuring her run-ins with sexual attackers.

Gardens of the Night

Tom Arnold skillfully abducts children to become child prostitutes. Woah...
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »

The ending I saw on Showtime had the father kill his son, the friend and the old couple.  Is the ending you are talking about?  Or is this the regular one?

The one I saw on Showtime was very disturbing.  I don't know if I could do that to my son and the find out that help was about five minutes away.

Later,

John

The Mist could have been one of the best King adaptations ever until Darabont crapped all over it with his stupid, nihilistic ending. The movie is actually 100% better with the ending edited out just after the giant beast appears, as it ends in the story (easy to do with a decent video editor).
I still don't understand that King actually liked the new ending rather than strangle Darabont.

Babies taste best.
Spaz456
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »

I would definiately have to say basket case 3 with tumors having sex and then giving birth and eating people, it was very disturbing in a funny sort of way
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most disturbing film ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.