Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:08:22 PM
714371 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst Comedies Around « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Worst Comedies Around  (Read 11330 times)
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 12:56:12 PM »

Also, the seventh Police Academy.
Vik
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »

Scary Movie 1 - 2 - 3 -4
claws
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »

Scary Movie 1 - 2 - 3 -4

1 had its moments, 2 was god awful. 3 and 4 had director David Zucker on board who did the Naked Gun movies, Police Squad, Top Secret and Ruthless People. His trademark quality slapstick type of humor shows in 3 and 4, and made those more enjoyable than 1 and 2. But that's just my opinion  Wink
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »

There's Something About Mary. Tedious, unfunny and boring.

Babies taste best.
Vik
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »

Scary Movie 1 - 2 - 3 -4

1 had its moments, 2 was god awful. 3 and 4 had director David Zucker on board who did the Naked Gun movies, Police Squad, Top Secret and Ruthless People. His trademark quality slapstick type of humor shows in 3 and 4, and made those more enjoyable than 1 and 2. But that's just my opinion  Wink
I hate all of them, they would be better off making short internet sketches. They're not feature length material IMO
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 12:07:44 PM »

I didn't watch the entire thing, but I feel confident in saying that 2001: A Space Travesty is not funny AT ALL.

Witless Protection ranks as a crime against humanity.  It's not funny in any way, it's stupid and offensive.  The only positive element is that Jenny McCarthy looks good in it in a trashy sort of way:

vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

2001: A Space Travesty is the worst comedy ever made, even for parody standards.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 12:52:28 PM »

I just saw the Land of the Lost movie a few days ago.

That moive is the prime example of everything wrong with modern movie making.
Banking on nostalgia (which I'm not nesecarrily against if done wright) that has no respect for the original, and in fact seems to make a real effort of pointing out what was stupid with the original.
Poor attempts at quotability
all around poor direction
Over emphasis on toilet and/or sex humor

It takes a lot to make me hate a movie with dinosuars, but that movie did it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:50:36 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
3mnkids

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »

99% of them. Im just not a comedy kinda gal. I might watch 3 a year and at least 2 of those will be comedy/horror. Most of the time they are just dumb. All the movies making fun of other movies... yeah, that is sooo original.   Lookingup

In the last few years I can honestly say I have seen 2 that I liked.. Tropic thunder and The hangover.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

Meurdher? Who said meurdher??!!

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 03:48:32 PM »

Agreed on There's Something About Mary. I'd add Night At The Museum, and anything else with Ben Stiller. Will somebody please tell him he's not funny? In "Museum", he got upstaged by a CGI dinosaur skeleton and a senile Mickey Rooney. 
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »

I like to add another to this list.  Envy with Jack Black.  I remember wanting to see this a long time ago and I thought it would be very funny.  I liked the idea behind it, but after watching it, I found it extremely unfunny.  I might have chuckled once or twice, but the humor was just uninteresting and not funny at all.

Also, I'll throw in North as well.  While not a complete comedy and more of just a family film, the jokes in that film were terrible, offensive, and a bit racist at times.  I think the Nostalgia Critic put it best when he said, "This movie is pure evil."

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
voltron

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »

Microwave Massacre was pretty bad, but in a good way. Most newer comedies are pretty much s**t.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Raffine

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »

Also, I'll throw in North as well.  While not a complete comedy and more of just a family film, the jokes in that film were terrible, offensive, and a bit racist at times.  I think the Nostalgia Critic put it best when he said, "This movie is pure evil."

I've always like Roger Ebert's famous review of NORTH:

I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 01:48:06 PM »

The worst ones are the horribly cliched wacky RomComs that Hollywood cranks out on a regular basis. My wife and mother-in-law forced me into watching The Ugly Truth the other night. Or how about What Happens in Vegas? Or 27 Dresses? Katherine Heigl, with the exception of Knocked Up, seems destined for a career of these awful abortions. Between these types of movies and CGI-driven hack remakes, I can't figure out which I hate more.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »

I like to add another to this list.  Envy with Jack Black.  I remember wanting to see this a long time ago and I thought it would be very funny.  I liked the idea behind it, but after watching it, I found it extremely unfunny.  I might have chuckled once or twice, but the humor was just uninteresting and not funny at all.

The only time I really hate a comedy is when it has unrealized potential, and that movie just seemed to miss the mark at every turn. The question through the whole movie is "where does the poo go?" and in the end, it just gets into the soil and contaminates the food chain. Honestly, how lame is that? You've got a product that evaporates poo, the plot requires it has a fatal flaw, and you're trying to be funny. How about having it condense and return as rain? A climactic s**t storm would have fit the bill perfectly. It's as if they weren't even trying.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst Comedies Around « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.