Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:33:31 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  cruise ship, rescue, boat hyjacking « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: cruise ship, rescue, boat hyjacking  (Read 2944 times)
baza
« on: May 23, 2010, 02:00:54 PM »

Hey guys trying to help a comrade find an old movie she had seen, I knew you guys would be the best place to ask.   You have always helped out I love this community.

A man and his wife on a yacht see a guy stranded by sinking ship, he gets picked up says every one else had died, husband didn't believe him went to check the boat and while he is gone the other "survivor" goes mental and hijacks the boat, it sounded like blood work to me the end be she said no

i guess its older could be 80's not sure  any help?
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »

Sounds like "Dead Calm" from 1989 with Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill, and Billy Zane.

Kidman and Neill are on their sailboat, when they come across another ship that is sinking with Zane on it, as the only survivor.

While Neill is checking out Zane's story on the other boat, Zane kidnaps Kidman and hijacks Kidman's and Neill's boat.

Now it is up to Neill to get both his wife and his boat back from Zane, who has gone mental.
baza
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR! That has to be it, I will let her know, you just scored me major brownie points.  THANK YOU!
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR! That has to be it, I will let her know, you just scored me major brownie points.  THANK YOU!

And you're welcome. I'm glad I could be of some help. Normally, I don't know the answer, or I know the answer, but somebody has already posted it, and I can only confirm what the other person has posted. This is the first time I've been the first one with the answer.

As a note, the film is based on a novel, with the same title, by Charles Williams. Having read the novel, I can recommend it as a good read. And as far as I can remember the film is a fairly faithful adaptation, more or less, of the novel.

And good luck.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  cruise ship, rescue, boat hyjacking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.