Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:57:18 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Which is easier to excuse? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which is easier to excuse?
A Bad Movie - 13 (86.7%)
A Bad TV show - 1 (6.7%)
A Bad Book - 1 (6.7%)
A Bad Video Game - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which is easier to excuse?  (Read 3091 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: May 24, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »

A Bad Movie
A Bad TV Show
A Bad Book
A Bad Video Game

Each can waste our time, but can sometimes give us some etertainment value.  And there might be reasons for it's ineptitude.  Be it budget, time, or other factors
But some we still like.
Which would you rather see, read, play if you had one-or even defend somewhat?

Vote, Give your reasons, or examples.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »

A bad movie, made with love, is a great joy. A bad TV show is usually more an excuse to cash in on a trend or else just a product of very poor writing skills. These are less watchable to me and immensely less satisfying. A bad book is too large an investment of time for me; there are too many good, unpublished authors (me, for instance  Lookingup), and I feel distinctly cheated when I spend time just trying to finish a POS book just to see if it gets any better. Bad video games are usually just frustrating, and therefore not satisfying.

So, my vote goes for bad movies: just the right mix of ineptitude, sprinkled with an honest effort and a limited time commitment, equals a joy to me.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »

I went with "bad movie" as weighed to other options.  But it comes down how enjoyable the "badness" with the movie was for me.  For example, was it so bad it was great or was it so bad that it was just bad and I took nothing from it.  I find movies more or less are easier to make this distinction with as compared to the other options.  

I'd give a nudge to "bad TV show" for the same reasons listed above for movies.  Baywatch is a bad TV show but I love it because of the awful plotlines and acting.  That and the constant need to distract you with T&A which as we all know bad movies do regularly.

A bad book and bad video game is less forgiveable.  I find reading to be a chore and I can't imagine drudging through a book that stinks.  Bad video games are most angering to me because a game should have great controls and offer up a lot of fun.  I have run into quite a few games that I paid good money for that ended up raising my blood pressure 100 points.  At least with a movie/tv show I can appreciate the badness while relaxing.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »

If you want to know who the nutter that voted for book was, well, it's me...

Yeah, I don't know why either...

Question

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »

I voted for a bad movie.  After all, that's why I'm here . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »

A bad movie got my vote. Generally agree with the sentiment already expressed here. Bad movies entertain in so many ways and can prove a much more fun experience all around and I find lends itself much better to description especially if you can watch it with a group of people or find places like this where a lot will have seen and laughed their butts off at it; or in some cases also suffered through it.

Still I have to admit to enjoying some TV shows others might call bad, some of which I feel are really bad (guilty pleasure type stuff like Wife Swap, Black Scorpion) and stuff that some think is bad but I'm not altogether sure (Batman (1960s), classic shows that now might seem to some a bit dated like One Step Beyond and Tales of Tomorrow I find immensely enjoyable) any of them truly are bad.

A bad book is such a disappointment by its end and is a chore to finish.

Pretty much the same with a bad video game. Odds are you'll either only play it once or play it to frustration so many times you'll eventually sling it across the house.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:01:03 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 04:29:56 PM »

well, it IS fun to watch.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 06:04:42 PM »

I went with bad movies.  I like them  TeddyR  They're amusing and often charming.  A bad TV show, as others have said, is usually just a blatant attempt to cash in on the latest trend.  Books are too time consuming and if I'm not enjoying it, I just quit.  Bad games are frustrating - not fun in any way. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 12:49:36 AM »

Like many others, I went with movies. At least truly bad movies are over within 2 hours. I don't mean the kind of movies that are bad but fun to watch; I'm talking about the ones that either make me angry or commit what I consider to be the ultimate b-movie sin: being boring. Seriously, if you've got a movie about, say, zombies on a submarine fending off a shark (making this up; as far as I know it's not real) and you make it boring, you have seriously screwed up somewhere and should be banned from even approaching a camera for the rest of your natural life.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Which is easier to excuse? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.