Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:50:40 AM
714155 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Need help with locations of films... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help with locations of films...  (Read 5433 times)
Jake
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:57:03 AM »

Hi! I'm new here and I'm finding this discussion fascinating! I'm an artist in Cleveland and I'm between two mural projects right now so I'm using my time to work on a project I've wanted to do for years: a map of the U.S. that illustrates where various movie monsters, killers, psycho robots, demonic houses, etc. are located.  Here are a few movies that I need clarification on the setting (and while some of these were filmed outside of the U.S. I believe they may be set here, just like how many were filmed in California but set elsewhere) so if you know the city/state/region, your help would be appreciated!
Dolls
Slaughter High
Kindred
Demonic Toys
the Gate
the Brain
Carnosaur
Dinocroc
Orca
the Creeping Terror
the Strangeness
Terror-Vision
Sorority Babes at the Slime Bow Bowl-a-rama
Ticks
Fright Night 1 & 2
Prison

Out of  500 or so movies, these are the ones I'm having trouble with.
Thanks!
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:34:58 AM »

The Creeping Terror (the outdoor scenes, anyway) was filmed at or around Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 01:52:10 AM »

Can't you find that on IMDB, it has a list of filming locations for a lot of movies.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 01:54:31 AM »

Here, on IMDB I found locations for The Creeping Terror:

Film Center Studios, Glendale, California, USA
(interiors)

Spahn Movie Ranch, Simi Valley, California, USA
(exteriors)
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 01:58:30 AM »

the Brain: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

please check imdb
jake
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »

I'm not looking for filming locations, exactly, I have that info for many of these films (Orca, for instance was filmed in Malta, etc.) it's where these films are SET in the film (like Halloween, shot in California and set in Haddonfield Illinois) that I can't seem to find, and I thought perhaps some here may know. In the end, I may just end up putting the Imp from Sorority Babes etc. in San Diego (where it was filmed) but I would bash my head through the wall if someone then said "You know, that was set in Utah..."
Sorry if I wasn't clear, don't mean to annoy! Thanks...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »

I know what your are saying. Not where the films were actually shot, but where they supposedly take place.

Anyway, I have one for you, but if you are restricting yourself to the U.S., you are going to have to strike "Orca" off your list, as it supposedly takes place off of Newfoundland, Canada, even if the boat flies the American flag.

I wrote down all the others, and I'll look them up, as I have the time, and if I find anymore, I'll post their locations here on this thread.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »

Slaughter High
Easy. It takes place in Doddsville County. Except . . . there's not Doddsville County in the U.S. Which is the problem with locations in these films. Alot of them are not based on any actual place. And even when they are . . .

Prison
The most probable location is Wyoming. The only problem is that the filmmakers took a little dramatic license with the film. Wyoming has never used the electirc chair. It used the gas chamber.

Ticks
Looking at the storyline and that many of the characters supposdely come from Los Angeles, this film most likely occurs in California.

The Creeping Terror
There again, I'm almost sure this film is suppose to be located in California.

And do you have a release year for these films, I'm coming up with multiple films with the same title, and I need to know which one you are talking about.

Dolls - five films
Kindred - two films
The Gate - three films
The Brain - three films

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 08:00:58 AM »

Wow, outstanding informative post from BoyScoutKevin... Original Poster never replied, though.   Bluesad    What a cool idea for a project, too.

In any event, the late 80s version of THE BRAIN (starring David Gale) also is definitely shot (if not set) in Ontario... not the U.S. I suspect the same was true for Tibor Takacs' THE GATE.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Need help with locations of films... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.