Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:25 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shrek Forever After « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shrek Forever After  (Read 1690 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: May 21, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »

So I brought my kids to see this today.  I happen to love the first two movies.  They were fun, witty and loaded with humor for both kids and adults. The third, while not quite up to par with the first two, still had some ok moments. 

This one was just awful.  There was no charm that made the first two special.  Nor was there any moment that truly made me laugh.  My 4 year old actually said, "I didn't laugh much" when we left.  The story is feasible/holds possibilities and the annimation is top notch.  However, the film is truly without a soul. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »

We went to see it today as well.  Pretty forgettable overall.

One thing I noticed that I think plays a part in just how weak this was compared to earlier SHREK offerings:  the production crew is COMPLETELY different (directors, producers, etc...).  I did not look at the full credits for a side-by-side comparison.  Voice casting was about the only thing in common.

We laughed at a few parts, but it was mostly "meh."  I think Puss had the most laughs, and they sure were not guffaws.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »

I've heard it was pretty bad, then again I heard the same about the third Shrek.  Still haven't seen either.  I liked the first two, though.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:00:56 AM »

I liked the first one, was okay with the second, hated the third. I see no reason why that trend won't continue seeing as how the charm of the first movie was gradually sucked out in order to make a buck. Maybe, just maybe, one of the movies in a few years (and there will be more; it's too profitable to stop because kids, who haven't yet had a chance to be exposed to better movies, will want to watch them) will make a point of mocking what this series has become.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »

I enjoyed all 3 of the previous Shrek films, although I liked Shrek 2 the least of the bunch. The first is by far the best though. I'll check this one out but my expectations won't be as high now.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
NorthbyNorthWest
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »

The first one told the entire story...the sequels have all been entirely pointless.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »

I've had no desire to see this one at all. My wife and I loved the first two, but we couldn't even get halfway through the third before shutting it off. Just a sequel for it's own sake, continuing to stretch the premise, but not really adding anything new. And as with any of these things, the characters lose all their charm as they eat up the runtime rehashing the gags from the previous movies and doing all the stuff they're expected to do without any feeling of spontaneity. No reason to expect better from yet another one.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »

I just got back from watching it and I liked it.  Oh sure, it wasn't as good as the first 2, but it was a step up from the third film (I liked that one by the way).  The story was stronger and I admit, it was pretty interesting to see how things would have turned out if Shrek hadn't rescued Fiona.  I also liked a bunch of the jokes and subtle moments in it.  I swear I thought I saw a joke for Deliverance in there!

But, the best part for me was the better choice in songs for the soundtrack.  The last films choice in songs were not really that good except for one or two, but I enjoyed the soundtrack a lot more in this film and a lot of the song choices were perfect for the scenes that happened in my view.

Of course, this is all opinion base and I am a bit less harsh on films in general.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shrek Forever After « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.