Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:42:08 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  NECROSIS (2009) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NECROSIS (2009)  (Read 1631 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: May 25, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »

I was trolling the aisles at Hastings for a horror film that didn't suck.  There are so few of them any more!  I spotted this movie on the new releases for the week, and noticed that it had won a number of film festival awards.  Reading the plot synopsis, I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did!

Six young friends (out of college but not yet middle aged) are taking a winter vacation at a mountain cabin one of them has just bought.  Two of them are couples, and the "spare pair" are both recently broken up with their significant others, and the other two are trying to get them together.  They stop at a bar and grill type place to gas up and buy some drinks for the last leg of their drive, and a spooky, bald local (B-move icon Michael Berryman) warns them that the old mountain place has "some really interesting history," but others shut him up before he can pass on the warning.

So they head up to the mountain, all but one of them unaware that the cabin is built in the very pass where the Donner Party met their awful fate 150 years before.  They party a bit, and the owner tells the grisly story of murder and cannibalism that transpired there, trying to scare the three girls into the sack with the respective guys.

But then, the caretaker who got the place ready for their visit is found dead . . . and the generator goes out . . . and some of them start seeing the ghosts of the long-dead Donner party stalking the premises.  One of the guys, Jerry, is not very mentally stable, and the bizarre situation begins to make him crack up.  Meanwhile, the skies open up and the blizzard traps them in the haunted cabin.

All told, this is a great little flim.  It features some fairly engaging characters, truly spooky ghosts, several plot twists, and one nude scene (which does not, by the way, involve 80's music icon Tiffany, who plays one of the three girls.  Sorry fellas!).  It was better than most of the drek I've been watching lately.  Enjoy!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:01:32 AM »

Sounds kind of interesting, thanks for the review.  I'll have to check it out sometime. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  NECROSIS (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.