Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:56:40 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  New Monster Comic! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Monster Comic!  (Read 1923 times)
vwyler
New Visitor

« on: May 26, 2010, 02:50:52 AM »

Greetings, fellow B-movie fans.  I'm sure most of you love the cheesy monsters in retro SF flicks as much as I do.  I hope, then, you might enjoy a webcomic I've been doodling for our friends at Drunkduck.com.  It's called The Unthinkable Hybrid, and I believe it'll entertain just about any B-movie fan.  Set in the fabulous 50s, it has a pretty ingenue, an addled professor, a villainous Nazi scientist, Soviet agents, and a government cover-up all in the first issue!  If you have any spare time, drop by Drunkduck.com and take a peek.  Help make The Unthinkable Hybrid the #1 webcomic on the site!  

Thanks and enjoy!
vwyler
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »

Call me old-fashioned, but I've always considered it to be good manners to hang out on a forum and contribute to discussion for a while before plugging your work. Shows that you're actually interested in the community and are not a spam bot/just using the forum as a place to advertise and all.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »

Call me old-fashioned, but I've always considered it to be good manners to hang out on a forum and contribute to discussion for a while before plugging your work. Shows that you're actually interested in the community and are not a spam bot/just using the forum as a place to advertise and all.

To the original poster: Gravekeeper brings up a valid point. We're a bunch of moviephiles of varying degrees and tastes, with a strange obsession. You will have a lot more success if you refrain from assuming that we're just natually going to be into what you're laying down. We may be, but placate us a bit first, get into some discussions, get some karma, and you'll do much better. You'll probably like the site too.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 01:24:34 PM »

Yeah, not many of us are instantly receptive to plugging, and outright spam just gets our goat. 

Not that yours was spamming or anything.  Otherwise you'd have been assaulted by every moviephile on here. 
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 12:50:03 AM »

You will have a lot more success if you refrain from assuming that we're just natually going to be into what you're laying down. We may be, but placate us a bit first, get into some discussions, get some karma, and you'll do much better. You'll probably like the site too.

Exactly. Besides, if people here kinda like you already, or at least sort of know you, they'll be much more inclined to check out any projects you have.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  New Monster Comic! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.