Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:50:21 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  End of the Line (2007) (horror movie not ecology doc.) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: End of the Line (2007) (horror movie not ecology doc.)  (Read 2079 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: May 27, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »

Small | Large

another pretty much just by the numbers horror movie. This might be even more basic and low budget (despite a smattering of Japanese horror type weird effects of varying effectiveness) than Wilderness but it's just as great. For some reason hysteria is in the air, theres an uptick in crazies checking in to the local clinic, and a religious cult that hangs out in the local subway station is growing in numbers. They are mostly men and wear uniforms somewhere between nazis and boyscouts. They embrace the teachings of a corny tv priest type guy who preaches the end days and promises them salvation. The parallels to various modern religous movements is intentional.

Almost all of this movie takes place in the subway (much like Kontroll ). Plenty of graphic murders and "why are these idiots stopping .... keep going!!" tension that yes you've seen many times before. As a bonus there is an extremely hot asian chick. I didn't like the ending but you might. Not really as special effects- ey as the trailer would indicate, more of a straight ahead horror movie.

4.75 / 5 (for ending)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:35:39 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »

That looks pretty cool, I'll have to check it out sometime soon.  Thanks for the heads up!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »

I really like this movie. I have watched it a few times and it doesnt get old. Its creepy as hell, very cheesy at times, and I liked the ending. I have said it before... SPOILERS

When the guy apologizes for not killing the girl I was completely freaked out. It was one of those uh oh what the hell is going happen now moments

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »

I just saw this on your recommendation.

Hmmm...
Wasn't my cup of tea, but it is worth checking out.
I did enjoy the freaky ending, though.  Thumbup
3/5

It did remind me of Creep a little.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »

That movie was damn creepy.  I loved it!  TeddyR
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 12:22:33 AM »

I think I rented this once and watched about half of it. Normally I don't just stop in the middle of movies, but something came up that needed my attention immediately and I just never got back to it. I dunno, maybe it just didn't interest me all that much, but I think the fact that I was also renting a full season of "Tales From the Crypt" is probably the real reason I never finished watching this one. Maybe I'll give it another rent next time I visit my parents since there's a great b-movie/cult movie rental place in their city.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  End of the Line (2007) (horror movie not ecology doc.) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.