Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:52:54 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship...and then kill a few people. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship...and then kill a few people.  (Read 8324 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 07:22:57 PM »

NO actually I don't like leaders of foreign countries saying 9/11 was a good thing and I can fault him for that and I do.

it was a national tragedy and if anyone feels it benefits them they are disturbed.

He said that Israel was benefiting from the attack...not that it was a good thing.

Was it "disturbed" to recognize a benefit to a nation from something that has happened?  He made a simple statement of fact.  Just like it is a fact that the US Civil War benefited the Northern states' economies at the expense of the those in the south, just like the US benefited in the 1950's from the success in WWII.

Pearl Harbor was a national tragedy and the one most often compared to the 9/11 attack, yet due to our involvement in the war, much industry was ramped up, millions of jobs were created and the depression was completely ended, etc.  Should we ignore the fact that out of the tragedy of the all the lives lost in WWII that the country benefited?  Is saying the US benefited from WWII "disturbed?"

As for Netanyahu, liking him or hating him is up to the individual, but one thing is for sure.  He understands that for a national leader of a country at war, sometimes he has to make big-boy decisions.  Just as Washington (who had deserters shot in front of the troops to set an example), Lincoln, Churchill, Rooseveldt, Hitler and just about every major national leader throughout history has had to do.  I don't see any of the Caesars denying Rome any advantage they could fine no matter who paid the cost for that advantage.

None of this means he LIKES that 9/11 happened.  It only means that out of the ashes, he sees something positive for HIS country - and that is his job and responsibility. 

Well, like Indiana, I think I'm done on this topic.  We'll also have to agree to disagree that Netanyahu's statement is somehow morally objectionable in an objective sense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »

I have a question: Why the raid at night [or at least early morning when the light is no good]?  That seems more of a tactical choice than reacting to an immediate threat...

In any case, I've found alot of Israel's methods to be extremely heavy handed, and this is just another sad example of that.  Sure, they're being attacked on every side in many cases and I'm all for defending yourself, but it does get to the point where I start to worry that the response is much more severe than the initial inciting incident, especially considering alot of the civilian casualties...  I guess I'd prefer them to take the high ground rather than the route they've been taking lately.

Watching some of the footage on the news tonight made me wonder whether such lethal force was necessary: thus far they have found no evidence of firearms, and in fact the crew on the flotillas were using poles and chairs as weapons, alongside slingshots and a knife or two.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 06:48:41 AM »

Watching some of the footage on the news tonight made me wonder whether such lethal force was necessary: thus far they have found no evidence of firearms, and in fact the crew on the flotillas were using poles and chairs as weapons, alongside slingshots and a knife or two.

Chairs, slingshots...knifes!

No wonder Israel felt the need to gun some of them down.
They could've taken down the whole country with that kinda firepower !

I'm sorry, even if they did feel like there was a genuine threat, this was done completely wrong.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 06:56:37 AM »

I'm sure they were armed because they thought that they might end up under attack...
Which, as it turns out, they were right.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »

at any rate it was not good for anybody.

Was it "disturbed" to recognize a benefit to a nation from something that has happened?

yes very

Quote from: ulthar
He said that Israel was benefiting from the attack...not that it was a good thing.

what's the difference? the guy is monster for saying what he did and believing it. and he's dead wrong too. if anything 9/11 showed us we aren't wanted in that part of the world and our alliance with israel is a liability not an assett to our security.

Pearl Harbor was a national tragedy and the one most often compared to the 9/11 attack, yet due to our involvement in the war, much industry was ramped up, millions of jobs were created and the depression was completely ended, etc.  Should we ignore the fact that out of the tragedy of the all the lives lost in WWII that the country benefited?  Is saying the US benefited from WWII "disturbed?"

we didn't benfift from pearl harbour and there was many ways we could have ended the depression besides war. ww 2 was a tragedy. people dying and being killed is tragic. war is bad.

Just as Washington (who had deserters shot in front of the troops to set an example), Lincoln, Churchill, Rooseveldt, Hitler and just about every major national leader throughout history has had to do.  I don't see any of the Caesars denying Rome any advantage they could fine no matter who paid the cost for that advantage.

I don't see what advantage there would have been in offending the sensiblity of allies by celebrating one of their national tragedies.  If stalin had said pealr harbour was really awesome and FDR had said oh really well you can fight the nazis yourself I doubt people would say that was smart.  

None of this means he LIKES that 9/11 happened.  It only means that out of the ashes, he sees something positive for HIS country - and that is his job and responsibility.

what does it say about his country that 9/11 was good for it?  that's pretty sad
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:33:03 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »

I'm a little tired of Israel playing the victim. They behave like the school bully who's parent just happens to be the principal. Everyone knows the kid is a bully but there's not much you can do about it.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=177134

'Next time we'll use more force'

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

Did it ever occur to these people that running a military blockade is a DANGEROUS thing?  And the blockade is there for a reason.  Many of these "relief" ships carry hundred of RPG's and launchers to fire them with.

3MN, I love ya, but when you are surrounded by millions of people who want you dead, you either get tough, or get dead.  Being all sweet and compassionate is just a quick route to the second option.

And Lester, throwing Israel under the bus would just make those people come after us next.  THEY ARE NOT RATIONAL.  Their favorite saying is "First comes Saturday, then comes Sunday."  In other words, kill all the Jews first, then kill all the Christians.  And they consider ALL Westerners Christians, whether we go to church or not.

So the option is, support a nation that is fighting the battle for Western Civilization FOR us, albeit at times with brutal tactics, or sell that nation out to its enemies . . . and watch those enemies come for us.

Me, I'll stand with Israel.  Period.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 02:37:46 PM »

So the option is, support a nation that is fighting the battle for Western Civilization FOR us, albeit at times with brutal tactics, or sell that nation out to its enemies . . . and watch those enemies come for us.

If it means condoning and defending questionable and brutal tactics, perhaps the battle for Western Civilization is already lost.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »

Their favorite saying is "First comes Saturday, then comes Sunday."

their?? I know alot of muslims and none of them ever say that to me or to each other.  who is they?

look, al queda is trying to drive us out of the middle east the way they drove the russians out of afghanistan. They didn't then try to convert russia to sharia law. they don't have the power to do that.  You think al queda, a stateless organization of criminals, rich politicians kids and dumb volunteers is going to take over non muslim countries like Italy or CHina?  How would al queda establish sharia law?  we have about a million more pressing concerns than that not even possible enough to be remote possiblity of islam being like communism was. our concerns are terrorism and access to oil. our presence in the middle east is making the former much worse.

no those aren't our options. if they make it, they make it. it's not up to us.

I have no desire to spread western civilization to the middle east at all. my ancestors came to this country for freedoml not to feed the engine of the worlds police.

Me, I'll stand with Israel.  Period.

yeah, forget the constitution, which does not mention israel anywhere, because you read a couple demented israeli propaganda books from some right wing book club.

This is about CHILDREN in gaza getting purified water. if you have a problem with children, be the muslim jewish or christian, having clean water I don't know what to say.  that's dangerous thinking.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:18:55 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship...and then kill a few people. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.