Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:50:55 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Show of Hands « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of the following films have you seen?
Alice (1988) - the Jan Svankmajer film - 3 (13%)
Bad Ronald (1974) - 5 (21.7%)
Psychomania (1971) - 9 (39.1%)
Man in the Wilderness (1971) - 3 (13%)
Arena Brains (1987) - 0 (0%)
Moron Movies (1985) - 3 (13%)
Permanent Vacation (1980) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Show of Hands  (Read 4595 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: June 01, 2010, 02:27:32 PM »

This is a short list of what I consider to be among the most obscure films I've ever seen. They are in no particular order, no real emphasis placed on whether they were good or bad, or any other criteria. To some they are very obscure, to others they may be not so obscure. If you open this, take a moment to indicate whether or not you've ever seen any of these titles. You may comment on any of them if you like. I'm just curious how obscure my "most obscure" are to the members here. Strictly for my own amusement. If you feel like commenting on any of the titles, even better.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:30:33 PM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 04:01:12 PM »

Haven't seen any of those.  At least not that I remember. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »

I've seen BAD RONALD several times.  In fact, I bought the DVD last year.  I remember watching it on TV back in the 1970s.

I've also seen MORON MOVIES.  I rented it on VHS in the 1980s.  I remember it was so stupid . . . but my buddy and I watched it a few times late at night while drinking beers and we got some laughs out of it.  I remember a few specific parts like one segment called "How to Aggravate" and it had the guy sitting on a shelf with his feet inside two aluminum trash cans and he kept kicking the insides of the cans making a loud noise.  Really stupid . . . but definitely funny when you're tired and drunk.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »

I've seen Svankmejer's ALICE---loved it, in fact it's my favorite Alice in Wonderland adaptation.  Will be reviewing it the upcoming year.

I found PSYCHOMANIA a bit disappointing after reading the plot description---gang of undead bikers who worship a frog.  I guess it would be hard for any movie to live up to that premise.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »

None.
I really want to see Alice but can't find it anywhere.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »

None.

Wow, that's a shame, I didn't realize it was hard to find over there.  It's streaming on Netflix, but I guess that doesn't help you in the UK.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 10:53:21 AM »

None.

Wow, that's a shame, I didn't realize it was hard to find over there.  It's streaming on Netflix, but I guess that doesn't help you in the UK.

That is a shame. I'm glad someone recognizes the greatness of "Alice." Such an unknown gem. The only adaptation that truly captures the nightmarish aspect of Lewis Carroll's writing, IMHO. I'm going to have to get around to seeing the rest of Jan Svankmajer's work. Terry Gilliam has cited him as a major influence, as has Tim Burton.

dean

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 08:15:59 AM »

Alice is the only one on the list I've seen.  Svankmajer is pretty much my favourite western animator...

For those who haven't seen it; his film Lunacy is just that, and his short series 'Food' is brilliant!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 02:13:39 PM »

I liked "Man in the Wilderness" and "Bad Ronald", I found "Moron Movies" to be just that, moronic, but with a little bit of humor.
Tonight I will be watching "Alice".

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

Have not seen or hear of any of these.

Will try and watch though.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »

BTW, while I might recommend most of the movies I listed to different degrees to different people, but under no circumstances would I recommend Moron Movies to anyone. I just wondered if anyone had seen it. I made the mistake of renting it in the late 80's because I assumed it would be worth a few laughs. Stupid beyond any entertainment value, but I guess if you were very, very drunk or high it would be good.

HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »

I've wathched Psychomania several times. Got a VHS copy about a year ago annd I found it pretty good.
Pure obscure/biker flick!

I've also heared about Alice, but I couldn't find anywhere a VHS copy.

Cheers
George
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 09:45:01 AM »

Bad Ronald and Psychomania for me: the last title was photographed by the great Ted Moore BSC, SA's first Oscar winner.  TeddyR Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »

Huh. I'd have thought I could check at least one off the list, but I haven't seen any of them. And only Psychomania even rings a bell.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

The only one I've seen is "Man in the Wilderness" w/ Richard Harris and John Huston. I saw it a number of years ago on TV, but though I've seen it only once, it made such an impression on me that I still can remember parts of it.

I don't know how historically accurate the film is, but it is based on a furtrapper named Ned Glass, who while with a party of furtrappers was attacked by a grizzly. He was so badly injured, that he could not be moved, and as he was expected to die shortly, they just left him where he was attacked. But, he not only did not die, he actually made it on his own back to civilization.

I do remember Richard Harris and John Huston being in it, who I did not remember at the time, but wonder if I saw it for the first time now, would remember, was James "Scotty" Doohan, playing a character called Benoit.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Show of Hands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.