Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:22:25 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that set up for sequels, but had none. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Movies that set up for sequels, but had none.  (Read 11472 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 08:29:20 AM »

DR DETROIT promised us a sequel . . . they even gave the title:

DR DETROIT II:
THE WRATH OF MOM!

But then they never made it.
I LOVED DR DETROIT back in the day.  Seems pretty lame now.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »

Paquita didn't you post at this board many years ago, like before 2005? I swear someone had a screenname like yours then disappeared.

Someone even made a topic, maybe Ash, asking 'where oh where is Paquita?'

That's me - The one and only!  I dropped off, grew up, got married, had a baby, and came back.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 12:02:31 AM »

Monster a-go-go

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 03:51:59 PM »

The Movie DRIVE THRU Had A Great Setup For A Sequel , It's A Real Shame That They Never Went Through With It
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 03:49:08 AM »

Two words. Stephen Sommers.

Someone has already mentioned his "Deep Rising," but there is also his "Van Helsing" and his "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor," which all were seemingly made with an ending that would lead to a sequel. The set up ending for a sequel in his films is probably the best thing in his films.

The ending for the most recent "Sherlock Holmes" was seemigly set up, so there'd be a sequel.

As was the ending for the most recent "Robin Hood." That film should have ended with King John signing the Magna Carta, but by trying to set up a sequel, I think they just weaken a film that was at its best just mediocre.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 06:31:47 AM »

"The Long Good Friday" certainly deserved a sequel - if only for us to find out what happened to Bob Hoskins' character of Harold Shand.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 08:18:22 AM »

Masters Of The Universe

Skeletor survived at the end and exclaimed "I'll be back!". The protracted script for the sequel was later adapted into the awful Jean Claude Van-Damme film Cyborg. Basically the first film ran out of money which in turn, hurt it's chances of making enough to greenlight a second outing.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »

Monster a-go-go
Come on now.  That movie didn't even have enough plot  for the one they did make. 
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 10:20:25 AM »

Monster a-go-go
Come on now.  That movie didn't even have enough plot  for the one they did make. 

Finally someone replies! I know it's impossible for it to have a sequel, I just wanted to see if anyone would catch on! BounceGiggle

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 12:06:46 PM »

Obviously the 1998 Godzilla left open room for a sequel as did Lost In Space (1998). Probably a good thing we didn't get those though...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

Obviously the 1998 Godzilla left open room for a sequel as did Lost In Space (1998). Probably a good thing we didn't get those though...

The 1998 Godzilla was followed by the animated series, which acts as a direct sequel.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »

There's  a whole category right there - movies intended to launch a franchise that misfired.

Lost in Space is one I kind of wondered about though, whether a sequel might have been better. I thought what really hurt that movie was that it had no focus and just tried to cram too much in. It took half the movie just to get the Robinsons Lost, and then we get the whole story with Future Will and the mutant Smith, as if people getting lost in space wasn't story enough. I'm curious what would have happened if the plot didn't have to shift gears midway through. I thought it was generally a good movie, apart from the choppy plot and a few cartoony moments. And actually, it's the only thing I've found Matt LeBlanc remotely tolerable in.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that set up for sequels, but had none. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.