Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:22:39 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Some Bad Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some Bad Movie  (Read 5187 times)
Expendable Lad
« on: March 28, 2001, 11:27:13 PM »

I am looking for the name of this movie...but this is all i got to work with. Movie starts in Colorado, then comes the invasion of "Mexican Communist Paratroopers" they take over the little town, a war follows, the local high school kids make a rebel force and fight the bad guys. The town has these prison camps and stuff in it to.
Ok, i know that it is vauge. I think the movie maybe called something similar to "Red Day"
Thanks
Brian Ringler
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2001, 12:01:48 AM »

Is it Red Dawn? I haven't seen it since I was really young so I can't remember
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 12:17:26 AM »

If it ain't RED DAWN, then somebody can sue for plagiarism.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0087985

By the way, check out the cast on RED DAWN.  They even have Harry Dean Stanton.
Gerry
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 01:05:56 PM »

This has to be RED DAWN, only I don't remember them being Mexican Communists, I'm pretty sure they were Russian (or Cuban at the very least).  One of the great all time cold war paranoia movies.  Hell, it even has Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray. (But no dirty dancing).  BTW the ending sucks.  In fact, the whole movie sucks!  The commies were right to come in and kill the stupid hicks!!!!  WOLVERIIIINNNNNEEEESSSSS!

OK, where'd I put my Prozac?
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2001, 07:09:58 PM »

I have a soft spot in my patriotic heart for this one, right next to "Rocky IV."  You probably couldn't make the Russians any more evil without putting horns and tails on them.  

Of course "The Trial of Billy Jack" tried to do the same thing with National Guardsmen and that movie is pure pain.

Andrew
Dr. Freex
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2001, 04:58:08 PM »

Gerry wrote:
>
> This has to be RED DAWN, only I don't remember them
> being Mexican Communists, I'm pretty sure they were Russian
> (or Cuban at the very least).  One of the great all time cold
> war paranoia movies.  

They were Cubans, alright, but as I recall, it was a multi-pronged attack, and one of the prongs was up through Mexico.

It's a great Reagan movie, right up there with RAMBO II.  Damn commies!  Even our high school students can kick your godless butts!
Expendable Lad
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2001, 07:01:06 PM »

Thanks, thats it.

i am very sure it was mexican paratroopers. But they are just the first wave, after the very start it goes to russian troops and stuff. Also, this should be reviewed soon, its a good (um...i mean Bad) one.

Thanks
Mofo Rising
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2001, 09:40:08 PM »

Just as an aside, I remember seeing a Burton promotional video (as in the snowboard company) that was narrated by what sounded like a retarded Jamaican.  It was hilarious, as he used the most preposterous pronunciations and turns of phrases.

"This bag, it can hold your tooooth-b*ch*rush.  It can fit a coooow."
"When he cuts into the hill, he slices it like a cheeeeez-blade."

A while later my roommate bought the DVD of RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II.  There are quite a few extras on it, one of them being a commentary track with the director George Cosmatos.  The funny thing is, you guessed it, he sounds exactly the same as the Burton narrator.  This caused me no ends of laughs as Rambo's shenanigans are voiced over by this silly sounding man.

"We had a problem with these helicopters.  The *cHoo-ees."  (Sorry, that's the best way I could approximate that glottal stop.)

Of course, this is overlooking the ridiculousness of the movie itself.

"Sir, do we get to win this time?"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Some Bad Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.