Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:29 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Wacky Races « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wacky Races  (Read 8479 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 03, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »

anyone watch this? I've been getting into it lately. Dick Dastardly, Mutley, Penelope pitstop, peter perfect.

Do all the cartoons have their own shows?

also look at this outrage

Small | Large

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:03:58 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »

I actually nominated that into the cartoon Fame or Shame game. Here's a coincidence for you. I haven't seen an episode of Wacky Races in years. Last night, after entering it into the fame or shame game the same day, as I was up tending to my 2-week old who didn't want to go back to sleep, I was flipping through channels and, lo and behold, there was Wacky Races, so I watched part of an episode. I was a Saturday morning junkie in the 70's, and reruns of Wacky Races were pretty common. I loved it.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 01:31:12 PM »

I vaguely remembered watching that as a kid, and a month ago I finally tracked it down and watched an ep' on Youtube.  Ahhh...the memories.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:56:32 PM »

Poor Dick deserved to win once in a while.. that's just how it is, sometimes the bad guys win.  Well, they'd rectify this on occasion in Laff-A-Lympics when the Really Rottens would sometimes win.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:13:11 PM »

I loved this show when I was a kid.  I even had a WACKY RACES board game.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »

Poor Dick deserved to win once in a while.. that's just how it is, sometimes the bad guys win.  Well, they'd rectify this on occasion in Laff-A-Lympics when the Really Rottens would sometimes win.

Dick never won a race. Actually, he did win once, but was disqualified because he was neck and neck with Penelope and used some device to stretch the end of his car out a few inches. It was okay for all contestants to have wacky cars that did wacky things, but he got disqualified for his.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 03:39:52 PM »

flick- holy crap did you just remember that? thats in the clip I posted.

Also caught some of yogi's space race the other night it was prety good. Boom is an amazing channel
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:49:34 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »

I didn't look at the clip. That happened to be the episode I watched last night. Wow. There are some creepy coinkidinks going on here. Methinks the Wacky Races will figure prominantly into at least one of the lives involved in this thread.

Flu-Bird
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 12:22:37 AM »

Everytime it seamed that PETER PERFECTS car the TURBO TERRIFIC was falling apart or crummbling to bits like when the bird packed at it or when the ghosts threw him back into his car,And SARGENT BLAST and PRIVATE MEEKLY must have been paterned after SARGENT CARTER and GOMER PYLE,PROFFESOR PAT-N-PENDING and his CONVERT-A-CAR a car of many different IDs,And THE SLAG BROTHERS must have been early predasesors to CAPTIAN CAVEMAN but they were always bonking themselves over their heads with their clubs and THE ANTHILL MOB seven midget gangsters in a old time car as well as LUKE and BLUBBER BEAR the ARKANSAS CHUG-A-BUG could run on a boiler and once even a squirrel,and the CREPY COUP with a dragon in its toweras well as the rest of them all.GREAT CARTOON
Flu-Bird
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 08:56:28 PM »

They did a re dp of WACKY RACES on DEXTERS LAB called DEXTERS WACKY RACES
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »

What got me was that dick dastardly was always waay out ahead of everyone else, then he'd stop to set a trap or something that blew up in his face and he lost.

Dammit, why didn't just once when he was ahead of everyone else, didnt he just keep going and win?

BTW, good call on it being BS that dick was DQ'ed for using a gadget on his car when everyone else had dumb gadgets too. Plus his car looked cooler.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »

What got me was that dick dastardly was always waay out ahead of everyone else, then he'd stop to set a trap or something that blew up in his face and he lost.

Dammit, why didn't just once when he was ahead of everyone else, didnt he just keep going and win?

BTW, good call on it being BS that dick was DQ'ed for using a gadget on his car when everyone else had dumb gadgets too. Plus his car looked cooler.

I remember Wacy Races fondly as a boy in the 70's and as a grown up man who is 46 years young.  I thank God for Boomerang Network every day.  

Haha, yeah, Dick Dastardly was some guy. The gadget master.  Agreed that it was a bit odd that he got disqualified for his gadgets when everyone else had one.  

Paul Winchell did DD's voice, as well as a great deal of voices for Hanna Barbera,
including Moe on The Three Robotic Stooges which is another big fave of mine.

A few years before Wacky Races, I think that Muttley had his own show namedPrecious Pup where an old lady had a dog that used to snicker just like Muttley.   Great times!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 02:08:18 PM »

Boomerang is amazing. If somneone gave me aonther DVR I would just fill it with Boomerang stuff
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »

Boomerang is amazing. If somneone gave me aonther DVR I would just fill it with Boomerang stuff

HAH!  One of the benefits of DirecTV.  Our previous cable company wanted Boomerang for 8 bucks a month. How can you put a price on classic cartoons? 

I watch Boom more than any other channel..Ilove watching the old 1969 mini adventures on Batman-Superman Adventures that occasionally showed Aquaman and Flash adventures also. 

Also there's The Herculoids,  Space Ghost and when they show them, Frankenstein Jr. And The Impossibles.  I love watching these now as much as I did when I was 5 years old in 1969.   Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Wacky Races « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.