Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:30 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  couple of intriguing UFO cases... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: couple of intriguing UFO cases...  (Read 4690 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: June 05, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »

hardly 'news', these are both from the 70s but I suppose they can go in this board.

I was trawling through a list of reported UFO cases from the early 1900s to present day (there were loads) but 2 stuck out to me as being very intriguing, and I'd never heard of them before.

the first is the case of Frederick Valentish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

he went on a light aircraft flight, contacted ground control about a weird craft circling his plane, then his line cut out and he has never been seen again or his aircraft found

"During Valentich's final recorded transmission to the Melbourne Service Unit, seventeen seconds of unexplained noise, described as being "metallic, scraping sounds," were recorded by DOT ATC tapes."  Buggedout

the 2nd one is so weird it seems made up but there are so many credible sources that were involved:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

have a read of that if you get a chance, it's bonkers

I can't actually find the site I first saw these 2 written up on, but they're on wiki as well and  the info is basically the same
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:54:06 PM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
3mnkids

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 09:10:20 PM »

Those were interesting. There was one in my town..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_sightings_in_United_States

Illinois police sighting incident

On January 5, 2000, beginning shortly after 4:00 am, five on-duty Illinois police officers in separate locations sighted and reported a massive, unidentified triangular aircraft.[citation needed] Two of the five officers reported flight characteristics which do not conform to currently known civilian technologies, as the object appeared to move at incredible speeds without making any sound. Sightings in Highland, Illinois, by a civilian who first reported to the local police department and subsequent sightings took place in Lebanon, Summerfield, Shiloh, Millstadt, Dupo, and O'Fallon. Scott Air Force Base public relations office denied any knowledge of the event. The incident was featured in Peter Jennings' final ABC special, "UFOs: Seeing is Believing".[citation needed] The event has been addressed by several U.S. cable television programs and one independent documentary.

This story was also featured in 2005 on a segment of the SciFi Channel paranormal investigation series Proof Positive (episode #108). To substantiate that the police officers did in fact witness the same unexplained aircraft, and that their reports correlated together, all five were given a lie detector test and asked various questions about the incident. All five officers passed the test and the show gave the story a "proof positive"

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »

hmm yeah, when police start reporting things like that then you know they wouldn't want to clown themselves, so it's more convincing that something must've happened than if some random hillbillies reported it.

the 'large black triangle' seems to get reported a lot, I think it's even got a name, TR-3B and is supposed to be part of the Aurora project, but that's just a proposed theory (government secrets/area 51 etc.). I'm sure it does exist but whether it's alien or homegrown who knows. interesting though...

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »

hah your sig just reminded me

"I've been on what I call my UFO Tour, which means, like UFOs, I too have been appearing in small southern towns in front of a handful of hillbillies lately."  TeddyR

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:37:34 AM »

Then there's also the South African case of Elizabeth Klarer who claimed to have been abducted and impregnated by aliens.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »

hmm, weren't you a suspect in that case Trevor?

it's just that when when UFO investigators asked her to sketch her abductor from memory...

TeddyR

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:53:41 AM »

hmm, weren't you a suspect in that case Trevor?

it's just that when when UFO investigators asked her to sketch her abductor from memory...

TeddyR

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Not guilty, Your Honour!  Wink

Her book Beyond The Light Barrier is going to be filmed shortly.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  couple of intriguing UFO cases... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.