Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:14:17 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What does root beer taste like? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: What does root beer taste like?  (Read 15567 times)
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 02:15:43 PM »

Ugh... If that creepy baby is a root beer mascot, maybe root beer is overrated after all...

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »

Fine... a scene from an Annette Funicello film.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »

Here's the Ferengi  take on Root Beer

Small | Large

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »

Reading this page is making me thirsty. I might have to stop at the store and get some RB soon.

I honestly don't drink root beer all that often, but more because I usually just drink whatever's available, usually pepsi or coke, its just not something I think to buy.

I live on the edge of south jersey, near Pennsylvania, and we have Penn. Dutch Birch beer, which is a variant of RB, and quite delicious in its own right (I think I might be related to the Penn. Dutch myself, I know I have German ancestry on my mother's side, and I was raised Lutheran).

For some people, RB is serious business, this site for instance:
http://www.lukecole.com/Root%20Beer/lukes_root_beer_home.htm

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »

Root Beer has a honey taste to it, along with Vanilla and a little bit of Coke. Its very good.
I honestly didn't like Root Beer when I was a kid but have learned to enjoy it as I got older. I think it was because it reminded me of its horrible red headed bastard cousin Cream Soda. God I hate that stuff.

Also getting off topic but I have noticed there are a variety of soft drinks that are purely local, what are some odd ones around where you live. I always wanted to know what Moxy tastes like, but you can't find it here in Wisconsin.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:02:47 PM by wyckednick » Logged

Smells like popcorn and shame
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

Meurdher? Who said meurdher??!!

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:57 PM »

Trying AGAIN to post a picture
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 10:15:54 PM »

Looks like I finally held my mouth right...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 09:00:28 AM »

I don't mind commercial root beer, but after trying some of the real stuff, there's no comparison.

I occasionally pick this up from the health food store. Natural sarsparilla, licorice and vanilla extracts, sweetened with cane juice, rich and creamy feel, not too fizzy. Delicious.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jim H

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »

A lot of non-Americans don't like it, but the large majority of Americans do.  It's a very difficult to describe flavor, but the people in the thread here so far have done a good job.

I might also add that there's a pretty big variance in quality.  It's not like cola, where any variant of it is fairly similar.  Higher end root beer actually is much better.  I can't remember the brand, but there's some local variant here in St. Louis I had once that was around $3 a bottle (looked like a beer bottle) and was the best root beer I've ever had.

If you like it, remember to try floating a few big hunks of quality vanilla ice cream in it.  Root beer floats are god damn delicious.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 12:56:24 PM »

I brought up Sioux City Sarsaparilla in an earlier post. That's the best I've ever had.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »

The only problem I have is that premium root beer almost always seems to come in long-necked brown bottles. I get self-conscious driving down the highway sipping on one of those.  Drink

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »

I could have sworn I'd posted in this thread...According to wikipedia, the first "root beer" was made and drank on the same day I was born -- May 16th.  So I kind of have a bond to this Prince of Beverages. 

I freakin' love Root Beer.  I've largely given up drinking pop/soda (I'm from a geographic area of America that refers to carbonated sugary beverages as pop, as opposed to those who call it soda or worse, "Coke"), but I still have a soft spot for Root Beer. 

Paquita

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »

Has the Root Beer arrived in South Africa yet?  Do you have Cream Soda there?  I prefer Cream Soda over Root Beer.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »

I used to love root beer when I was a kid, at least the mass produced stuff, but as I grew older I lost all fascination with sweet food in general.

Then I was at a restaurant in Colorado that brewed their own root beer, which I thought was great. The other people I was with did not like it because it tasted too much like real beer. Probably the very reason I liked it.

One thing I have noticed about soft drinks, when I grew up in Alaska, I drank regular soda. Then I moved to the desert, Arizona, and I started drinking Dr Pepper, which most everybody else here did too. I don't know if it has to do with climate, or just general taste, but here in the desert, Dr Pepper reigns supreme.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

Hey Trevor, did you ever get to taste root beer?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What does root beer taste like? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.