Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:46:47 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bands/Music that lost it's magic « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bands/Music that lost it's magic  (Read 2685 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: June 07, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »

Inspired by the thread in Good Movies.

What bands or music did you used to like when you were much younger that today you shudder to think you actually liked it? I'll start with a few of mine.

Rush - I'm sorry, I know there are alot of Rush fans out there that would like to throw stones at me if they could. I used to love Rush when I was in my early teens, then in my later teens I discovered much cooler artists. I had a minor rekindling of interest in my mid-twenties, I think mostly because the drummer of a band I was in was a Rush freak and I kind of just gave in. I think the epic themes were what attracted me to them back then, as I was into fantasy. Also, the impressive musicianship. Then, once Geddy Lee opens his mouth it's all over. I can't stand his voice. His voice is nearly the sole reason I can't stand listening to them anymore. Sorry, he just shouldn't be singing rock.

Def Leppard - I owned the Pyromania album back in the day and loved them. Again, early teens are to blame. It wasn't long before I was into much harder stuff and Leppard's bubblegum pseudo-metal lost its appeal.

Blue Oyster Cult - Okay, this one's wierd, because there are some songs that I still very much like. However, when I think of how much boring crap they put out over the years, I can't understand why they sold so many albums. It seems that every album the put out had one good song on it and the rest was almost unlistenable. Oddly, the only album of theirs when I like more than one song is Fire of Unknown Origin, which is well after their heyday. So, I don't hate them outright, because they've had their moments, but more one of those things where I just don't get how they were able to sell so many albums. I guess lots and lots of touring makes a difference.

Anyway, I'd like to hear some of yours.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »

Pink Floyd's "The Wall."  Don't get me wrong, I still like Pink Floyd, just not that album.  It's got to be the whiniest rock opera ever written. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »

Def Leppard - I owned the Pyromania album back in the day and loved them. Again, early teens are to blame. It wasn't long before I was into much harder stuff and Leppard's bubblegum pseudo-metal lost its appeal.
I honestly have lost touch with them as well.  I do enjoy their music but its gone from me yelling "ALL RIGHT" when their songs are played to me changing the channel on many of them.

I did enjoy Nirvana's music a lot more when they first became popular. Matter of fact they kind of got me out of an anti-music funk I was in during that time.  However, I hardly listen or enjoy any of their music now.

I liked Metallica's Black Album for about 6 months but played it out completley. 

Theres more but they skip me right now.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »

Pink Floyd's "The Wall."  Don't get me wrong, I still like Pink Floyd, just not that album.  It's got to be the whiniest rock opera ever written. 

Hah, I'm totally with you. I actually love Pink Floyd, but The Wall marks the point where Roger Waters had completely taken control of the band and, well, you got The Wall, and The Final Cut, which was basically a Waters solo album with two other core members (Rick Wright had been kicked out by Waters at that point) making some contributions. I think Gilmore may have sung on a track or two. I used to love The Wall, but honestly I've lost all interest in listening to it (except for the Gilmore material), and yes, it is extremely whiney.

Good call.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »

Cure, Depeche MOde, Smiths. I don't know why. I think I've chosen insanity over licking my wounds
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »

Last year I went to the STYX / REO SPEEDWAGON / DEF LEPPARD concert.  Talk about a blast from the past . . .

On another note, I leave you with this image:

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »

YES   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
3mnkids

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »

Journey and most of the hair bands that came out just before the grunge phase.... Great white, slaughter,  etc

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
ChaosTheory

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »

Aerosmith  Bluesad

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »

From my time in High School:
Limp Bizkit- pretty popular when I was in high school, I had their albums.  Still do, but collecting dust.
Linkin Park- big fan of these guys...until recently. 
Basically any nu-metal band can fit here.

Also:
Marilyn Manson

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bands/Music that lost it's magic « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.