Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:38:13 PM
714375 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 633742 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1875 on: July 14, 2012, 11:09:19 AM »

Non-Paying Bidders on Ebay.  I'm beyond serious when I say they should be whacked in the @ss with a paddle 10x for every dollar they didn't pay you for.  F-them!!!!!!!  Hatred hot Thumbdown

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1876 on: July 14, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »

Non-Paying Bidders on Ebay.  I'm beyond serious when I say they should be whacked in the @ss with a paddle 10x for every dollar they didn't pay you for.  F-them!!!!!!!  Hatred hot Thumbdown

Been a while since I've sold anything on eBay, but I've had a few business dealings lately that tell me people today have no idea what it means to make an agreement with someone. When you agree to buy something for a certain price, you don't keep coming back with questions or trying to talk the price down some more. The time for that is past. And you sure don't change your mind at that point. You've made a deal, and you should honour it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1877 on: July 14, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »

Making fun of heavy people......it seems to me that it will never go out of fashion. I bet if the Supreme Court passed laws outlawing all forms of insults they'd leave it legal to make fun of heavy people. I wish with all my heart that someone would put a stop to it. Maybe folks don't like looking at us but we still have feelings. When I was on government assisstance just after my daughter was born I had a case worker that told me to my face I was screwed because employers thought fat people were stupid,lazy and dishonest. Why? Thank God I only had him once because he was a real jerk.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Jim H

« Reply #1878 on: July 14, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »

Been a while since I've sold anything on eBay, but I've had a few business dealings lately that tell me people today have no idea what it means to make an agreement with someone. When you agree to buy something for a certain price, you don't keep coming back with questions or trying to talk the price down some more. The time for that is past. And you sure don't change your mind at that point. You've made a deal, and you should honour it.

My experience is it is far worse when dealing in person or on craigslist than on eBay.  I've had a few non-paying bidders, but I've sold a couple hundred things on eBay - really not that bad of a ratio.  Cragislist I've gotten jerked around on every transaction.  The worst was selling my old tenor saxophone..  Had an agreed upon price, then the guy showed up with less cash than was agreed on.  It wasn't a big difference (around $20 for a several hundred dollar item), but REALLY?  The sad thing is, I ended up selling it to him anyway as I was just tired of the BS I'd gotten over it already (a half dozen offers that were never finalized, several ridiculous lowballs, several people I talked to who didn't show up, etc).  On eBay, if that happened I'd never bother - at least you know there's always others interested in the item, and you don't have to handle calling and meeting people in person.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1879 on: July 14, 2012, 01:35:18 PM »

My experience is it is far worse when dealing in person or on craigslist than on eBay.  I've had a few non-paying bidders, but I've sold a couple hundred things on eBay - really not that bad of a ratio.  Cragislist I've gotten jerked around on every transaction.  The worst was selling my old tenor saxophone..  Had an agreed upon price, then the guy showed up with less cash than was agreed on.  It wasn't a big difference (around $20 for a several hundred dollar item), but REALLY?  The sad thing is, I ended up selling it to him anyway as I was just tired of the BS I'd gotten over it already (a half dozen offers that were never finalized, several ridiculous lowballs, several people I talked to who didn't show up, etc).  On eBay, if that happened I'd never bother - at least you know there's always others interested in the item, and you don't have to handle calling and meeting people in person.

Yeah, I've used Kijiji, and it has generally been a pain in the butt.

---------------------
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1880 on: July 15, 2012, 05:57:39 PM »

Musicians getting in touch with me, agreeing to short interviews and then not replying to my emails!!??  Hatred

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1881 on: July 15, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »

I hate those facebook chain mail type things too. I hate chain e-mail too. Generally I delete them without reading 'em.

I hate that with e-bay it takes so long for a seller to get their cash unless they're a power seller, whathaveyou.

I hate seeing animals abused in any fashion and would not go to a circus that featured animals. Honestly I wonder if stuff like horse racing, calf-roping and show jumping should even be allowed as all of it seems unnecessary and cruel as sports.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jim H

« Reply #1882 on: July 16, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »

People who say "a REAL woman" or "a REAL man".  I just know they're going to say something that bugs me after that.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1883 on: July 17, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »

Not a general annoyance, but something that annoyed me today. For the next couple of days, I have the rare situation of having the house to myself, and the car here as well. I figured it would be a great opportunity to see a movie. I mean, the nearest multiplex is almost an hour away, and the last grown-up movie I saw in a theatre was Iron Man 2. And being mid-week, the place won't be too full. Been looking forward to it for days.

So, I take a look at the showtimes this morning, and..... there's nothing I want to see! There were some really interesting movies playing this summer, but they aren't there now. Usually, there's something good opening early in July, but no. Even the earlier ones I thought might have a longer run are finished. Avengers? Gone. Prometheus? Gone.

What's playing at any theatre within two hours of here? About three CGI kids' movies, a couple of crappy-looking comedies, one artsy-looking thing I've never heard of and The Amazing Spider Man - the one big action movie this summer I have absolutely no interest in seeing.

It's midsummer? Where are the popcorn movies, the blockbusters? I've seen less-dismal offerings in the middle of February.

---------------------
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1884 on: July 18, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »

Hardcore fanboys and fangirls- you know those people, the apple fan boys and girls who constantly goes to war with Microsoft and Linux (but mostly Microsoft) fan boys and girls. Honestly, it is the BIGGEST waste of time in the known and unknown universe. All three are good at some stuff, but their fasn boys and girls irritate me to the core!

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1885 on: July 21, 2012, 11:47:36 PM »

Some a***ole hacked my email account.  Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1886 on: July 27, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »

Ebay buyers who complain about every damn nick and missing stitch on an item.  Especially if it was listed "used".  People, most of Ebay is a god*mn flea market not an antique store ok.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
tracy

« Reply #1887 on: July 27, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »

People who state....and state....and state....the bloody freakin' obvious! "It's hot outside" . Yes,this is July in Texas so why expect any different. Or "it's raining" or "it's cold" or "it's windy". Believe it or not I do notice these things. I don't mind conversations with my customers at all but simply telling me something I've already heard 100 times already that day is tiresome.  Lookingup

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1888 on: July 27, 2012, 01:58:52 PM »

People who state....and state....and state....the bloody freakin' obvious! "It's hot outside" . Yes,this is July in Texas so why expect any different. Or "it's raining" or "it's cold" or "it's windy". Believe it or not I do notice these things. I don't mind conversations with my customers at all but simply telling me something I've already heard 100 times already that day is tiresome.  Lookingup

I've never understood the point of talking about the current weather with somebody who is right there, experiencing it too. The only reason for the topic's popularity I can think of is that it might be the only recent experience you know you have in common with someone. That's it. To me, that equals nothing to talk about. The weather might play a part in a more interesting story, but just stating what it's doing right now to somebody who obviously knows, or giving a pointless opinion of it, just strikes me as needless talk for talk's sake. A lot of people don't understand how bothersome small talk can be to those of us who are more introverted, or even suffer from social anxiety.

---------------------
tracy

« Reply #1889 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

I've never understood the point of talking about the current weather with somebody who is right there, experiencing it too. The only reason for the topic's popularity I can think of is that it might be the only recent experience you know you have in common with someone. That's it. To me, that equals nothing to talk about. The weather might play a part in a more interesting story, but just stating what it's doing right now to somebody who obviously knows, or giving a pointless opinion of it, just strikes me as needless talk for talk's sake. A lot of people don't understand how bothersome small talk can be to those of us who are more introverted, or even suffer from social anxiety.

"Talk for talk's sake"...that sounds about right to me. Oddly enough,even though I work at a convenience store where I have to talk to people constantly it still makes me a bit uncomfortable. I've learned to do it out of necessity. I joke with my husband and call it my "fake nice" but it's not that fake. I am a fairly pleasant person but redundant conversations or ones with folks I'm not used to sometimes make me uneasy.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.