Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:52:40 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 620113 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2190 on: August 27, 2013, 07:32:56 AM »

A otherwise easy film inquiry (part of my duties) that absolutely totally stumps me.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2191 on: September 17, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »

Shaun Munro is a thief. I can't call him a plagiarist because he rewords things he has been lifting from the Cracked Workshop and passes them off as his own.

Proof below.

http://srmxy.tumblr.com/post/61359614903/dear-shaun-munro-please-stop-stealing-from-the-cracked

Hatred Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2192 on: September 17, 2013, 06:43:49 PM »

Video games being scapegoats to mass violence. Like really, can you think of something more original, like the real cause?

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2193 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »

People embracing redneck culture.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
VenomX73

« Reply #2194 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:43 PM »

Neighbors - out side on the phone... Talking SO loud. Ignorant as hell they do that till 2am.

Every 2 secs "yeah yeah you feel me? ummm yeah ummm. F%$# dat, you feel me. Yeah umm yeah, feel me"

Shut the F up already.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:18:37 PM by VenomX73 » Logged

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2195 on: September 18, 2013, 11:46:43 AM »

Shaun Munro is a thief. I can't call him a plagiarist because he rewords things he has been lifting from the Cracked Workshop and passes them off as his own.

Proof below.

http://srmxy.tumblr.com/post/61359614903/dear-shaun-munro-please-stop-stealing-from-the-cracked

Hatred Hatred Hatred

As a follow up to this the place where Shaun Munro wrote his stolen works considers the matter closed and will continue to let the thief write for them

https://twitter.com/whatculture/status/380264832185794560

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2196 on: September 19, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »

Got a new 8" fry pan.  It's made out of metal that's half as thick as our old fry pan, and where the old 8" fry pan is actually 8", this one is 7 3/4".   Lookingup

It wouldn't even be so bad if this wasn't a perfectly typical example of the way EVERYTHING is these days.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2197 on: September 20, 2013, 05:29:43 PM »

Cox Cable is f**king me over with internet issues, first it saids Invalid IP Address", now it's "broken or unplugged ethernet cable"? Well which one is it?! Hatred

yeah no.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2198 on: September 21, 2013, 07:06:10 AM »

Cox Cable is f**king me over with internet issues, first it saids Invalid IP Address", now it's "broken or unplugged ethernet cable"? Well which one is it?! Hatred

They lie.  I am convinced they rotate through a list of arbitrary nonsensical messages just to divert us.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2199 on: September 22, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »

Breaking Bad!

It isn't the best show on TV. It's tedious, slow-moving, melodramatic, and implausible. Its science is a farce, its gang characters are one-dimensional hoodlums straight out of central casting and go a long way toward pandering to those who embrace negative ethnic stereotypes, while its moments of suspense, at times admittedly gripping, come along at the price of whole episodes worth of glacial build-up. (A season three episode entitled "Fly" was passed off as character development when in actuality it was shameless filler in which basically nothing happened.) The entire pretentious series is a linear descendant of the old afternoon network soaps which could stretch out a week's shows on the premise of whether or not someone was going to be home when the kidnapper came, or would a secretary go out with her boss.

What Breaking Bad does have is a great cast which consistently gives brilliant performances, and that has carried a lot of weaknesses in the writing and overall presentation.

The best show on TV? Not even in the top twenty.

Well, I would say more but I have to get ready to watch AMC at 9:00 here in a bit...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2200 on: September 23, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »

Breaking Bad!

It isn't the best show on TV. It's tedious, slow-moving, melodramatic, and implausible. Its science is a farce, its gang characters are one-dimensional hoodlums straight out of central casting and go a long way toward pandering to those who embrace negative ethnic stereotypes, while its moments of suspense, at times admittedly gripping, come along at the price of whole episodes worth of glacial build-up. (A season three episode entitled "Fly" was passed off as character development when in actuality it was shameless filler in which basically nothing happened.) The entire pretentious series is a linear descendant of the old afternoon network soaps which could stretch out a week's shows on the premise of whether or not someone was going to be home when the kidnapper came, or would a secretary go out with her boss.

What Breaking Bad does have is a great cast which consistently gives brilliant performances, and that has carried a lot of weaknesses in the writing and overall presentation.

The best show on TV? Not even in the top twenty.

Well, I would say more but I have to get ready to watch AMC at 9:00 here in a bit...

This sounds like every overrated TV show that has ever been made or ever will be made. The ones that everyone praises highly, so when you watch it, it is "WTF! I wasted my time watching this!"

The best example I know is "Game of Thrones." I don't/won't have a TV, in my apartment, but I did catch a bit of it, when I was on vacation on the TV in the hotel room I was staying. I watched it for less than 4 minutes, before I had to change the channel. A good looking show, but not one that impresses me.

Another one is "Broadchurch," which has already played in the U.K., and is currently playing on BBCAmerica at the moment. While some of the writing is solid, such as episode 6, and some of the writing rises to greatness, parts of episode 1, most of the writing so far is illogical, unbelievable, and unrealistic. With the uncredible characters often being either stupid and/or incompetent and doing and/or saying that which can only be called stupid.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #2201 on: September 24, 2013, 07:07:01 AM »

This sounds like every overrated TV show that has ever been made or ever will be made. The ones that everyone praises highly, so when you watch it, it is "WTF! I wasted my time watching this!"

Agreed.

Another one is "Broadchurch," which has already played in the U.K., and is currently playing on BBCAmerica at the moment. While some of the writing is solid, such as episode 6, and some of the writing rises to greatness, parts of episode 1, most of the writing so far is illogical, unbelievable, and unrealistic. With the uncredible characters often being either stupid and/or incompetent and doing and/or saying that which can only be called stupid.

Watched this with anticipation and was quite disappointed.  Another case of "what they could have done with this" - and didn't.   Lookingup

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2202 on: September 26, 2013, 09:41:44 AM »

So my stupid computer always gives me an error message when I try to download and install security updates.  But after telling me it failed, it then tells me everything's up to date.  So I use Microsoft's little auto-fix program thing.  It identifies the problems and fails to fix them.  It then attempts to send an error report to some bureaucracy somewhere.  That fails.  Then it gives me the option of going to Microsoft's online fix-it center, which tells me "Thank you for your interest in the Fix it Center Beta. This beta has been discontinued and will no longer be offered."

I've also done numerous Google searches on the specific error code and found plenty of solutions - none of which worked.  Microsoft's own help pages are pathetically comical, telling me to choose menu options that don't exist, and type stuff in at the DOS prompt that isn't even in the correct syntax for a DOS command.

The saddest part is that none of this surprises me in the slightest.   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #2203 on: September 26, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »

... telling me to choose menu options that don't exist...

That one is my personal favourite!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2204 on: September 26, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »

When Menard pulls one of his six month absences from this forum.
Seriously, where IS that guy???

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.