Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:40:40 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 633630 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2370 on: May 07, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »

I don't think that's stupid as much as it is lazy.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2371 on: May 08, 2015, 07:39:14 AM »

In the case of the "remove my IP" people, the stupid part is that they jump to the conclusion that posting in the thread will get them the result they want. There's no good reason  to draw that inference, and if they read the very first answer they would see why.

I guess the line between laziness and stupidity can be very thin.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2372 on: May 08, 2015, 07:50:06 AM »

In the case of the "remove my IP" people, the stupid part is that they jump to the conclusion that posting in the thread will get them the result they want. There's no good reason  to draw that inference, and if they read the very first answer they would see why.

I guess the line between laziness and stupidity can be very thin.

Too lazy to read.  Yup: and conditioned to respond as briefly as possible/add their name to a list by posting under a title.  TongueOut  Minimal-keystrokes-and-done; no effort of mind involved.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2373 on: May 08, 2015, 07:52:13 AM »

Too lazy to read.  Yup: and conditioned to respond as briefly as possible/add their name to a list by posting under a title.  TongueOut  Minimal-keystrokes-and-done; no effort of mind involved.

Um glad oi iz nt 1 of dze peepz whoz 2 lazee 2 type....  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2374 on: May 08, 2015, 07:54:08 AM »

BounceGiggle No worries there: nobody is about to accuse Trevor of conserving keystrokes!  Wink

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2375 on: May 08, 2015, 09:05:49 AM »

BounceGiggle No worries there: nobody is about to accuse Trevor of conserving keystrokes!  Wink

Keystrokes? I typed that sentence with my nose.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2376 on: May 10, 2015, 02:16:03 AM »

My cousin's dog doesn't understand the concept of sleeping. She's way too hyper active in the dead of morning. It's given me a migraine. Hatred

yeah no.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #2377 on: May 13, 2015, 07:00:43 PM »

Dang. I stayed away from this cus my venting would bum people out.

I have been reading back posts for 2 hours.

Yup-Imma geek...a drunk one too! Drink

I think -no-I dont really THINK anything-I just DO IT!

Well-sometimes I do I usually get drunk,eat a pot cookie,come on BADMOVIES. ORG,play loud music with headphones-and be in what God fearing folks call heaven.

Thumbup Drink

You are ok with me then, fellow poster. Cheers to you.

As for me, I hate dumb ass truck drivers who drive like morons on the freeway... Yeah that'll do for now.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2378 on: May 16, 2015, 05:55:59 AM »

What is it with people posting movies on YouTube but doing some weird fadeout where only the center of the screen has the correct lighting and it's all dark around the edges, like this:

Whole damned movies are like that.  Grrrrr...

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2379 on: May 16, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »

What is it with people posting movies on YouTube but doing some weird fadeout where only the center of the screen has the correct lighting and it's all dark around the edges, like this:

Whole damned movies are like that.  Grrrrr...

Maybe they're trying to frustrate automated software that looks for matches for copyrighted material? That's the reason they used to flip the images horizontally.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2380 on: May 16, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »

^ Good to know there's at least some theory as to an explanation - I just thought they were trying to be artistes.   Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2381 on: May 16, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »

How all major software programs are going to subscription based models.  I know I complained on this thread about Quark Xpress and some of its DRM policies-but I'll take that and buying the software cd when I want too over a Creative Cloud yearly subscription any day.

Previous models let me skip a release when I couldn't afford it, and the old version still work despite newer version coming out and I didn't have to pay to keep them active. 

Maybe because it saves space on a computer or something but for the most part I don't see the advantage to stream music.  Movies maybe-but I like buying (once) and forever having my mp3.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2382 on: May 16, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »

How all major software programs are going to subscription based models.  I know I complained on this thread about Quark Xpress and some of its DRM policies-but I'll take that and buying the software cd when I want too over a Creative Cloud yearly subscription any day.

Previous models let me skip a release when I couldn't afford it, and the old version still work despite newer version coming out and I didn't have to pay to keep them active. 

Maybe because it saves space on a computer or something but for the most part I don't see the advantage to stream music.  Movies maybe-but I like buying (once) and forever having my mp3.

I agree. Ownership>rental. I don't like how every form of intellectual property is trying to use the subscription model now (though I understand it). Younger people coming up don't seem to mind it, which is worrisome to me. They also don't mind watching movies on tiny little phones, which is inexplicable to me.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2383 on: May 18, 2015, 01:18:33 PM »

Tech that seems to get complicated just for the sake of being complicated.
True, I don't have my own computer, and I have to use one at the library, but in the last eight months, I've lost the ability to post pictures from Google AND Yahoo; can't even drop them at Photobucket first. For the last three months, I could only access YouTube if I went through Google, now I can't even do that! 

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2384 on: May 19, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »

Alan, sounds like you're experiencing "future shock". I feel like that sometimes as well like everything just moves too fast and I want to slow everything and everybody down. Something that really annoys me though is everybody in a crowded place constantly looking at and texting on their phones and almost nobody talking to anyone else...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.