Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:48:17 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 619914 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »

the KKK, why can't everyone accept everyone else? Bluesad
They're a bunch of retarded rednecks, I don't think they exist anymore though ? (not sure)

They definitely still exist, though they're only a tiny fraction of what they once were. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »

You know what really grinds my gears?

Robin Williams acting as if he's funny. Please stop, Robin.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 02:46:11 AM »

I'm half Polish, feel free to tell as many jokes as you want. 

i got you beat, i'm Polish AND French

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 06:34:35 AM »

You know what really grinds my gears?

Robin Williams acting as if he's funny. Please stop, Robin.

He was quite funny as a stand up comedian, many years ago.  I absolutely hate his movies though. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 07:29:22 AM »

The noise of the vuvuzela. Buggedout

Try one at www.blowme.co.za ~ blow a virtual one and then imagine thousands of the bloody things blowing in a soccer stadium. At once.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »

Oh oh Trev: I just looked it up on wiki.

During the last quarter of a match, supporters blow vuvuzelas frantically in an attempt to "kill off" their opponents

Really?  That must be quite the assault on the senses!

The world football governing body, FIFA, wanted to ban the use of vuvuzelas during the World Cup 2010 because of concerns that hooligans could use the instrument as a weapon and that businesses could place advertisements on vuvuzelas. However the South African Football Association (SAFA) made a presentation that vuvuzelas were essential for an authentic South African football experience,[2] and FIFA decided in July 2008 to drop the ban, allowing vuvuzelas at Confederations Cup.[15] President of FIFA Sepp Blatter opposed banning the vuvuzela, saying "We should not try to Europeanise an African World Cup."[16] FIFA ultimately decided to allow the instrument for the 2010 World Cup as well.

Sounds (yes that is a pun) like you are out of luck!

Some football commentators, players, and international audiences argued against the vuvuzela during the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup. During the match between United States and Italy, BBC Three commentator Lee Dixon referred to the sounds as "quite irritating".

- this made me laugh: "quite irritating" - how very 'Brit' of him!

During the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Hyundai and a local South African advertising agency called Jupiter Drawing Room created the largest working vuvuzela in the world - 114 feet (35 m) long - on an unfinished flyover road in Cape Town.[20] The vuvuzela is powered by several air horns attached at the mouth piece end, and it will be blown at the beginning of each of the World Cup Matches.

Ummm...Trevor, maybe it is a good thing you were not able to get tickets?  You'll be able to hear that thing everywhere!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 07:52:26 AM »

The confused and self-conflicting feelings I get whenever I try and sort out my thoughts on important topics such as politics or religion, but it's certainly not limited to those topics.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »

Too many things in this world drive me insane. Here's a few:

Screamers : Of all the pranks on the internet, I friggin' hate these most of all. My first experience with one of these abominations was on halloween when I was in grade five. It screwed me up ever since. What drives me even more insane is when dumbass parents show their kids these things PLUS videotape the kid's reaction. I've seen a few of these and it not only makes me hate screamers more, but it also proves to me that parents don't give a crap about their child's mental health.

Heavy Metal Haters : As a fan of metal, it truly grinds my s*** when I hear stupid people (mainly crazy religious people and pop fans) make stupid assumptions about Metal when in reality they know absolutley nothing about the genre.

Religious Extremists : Now, as you all probably know, I'm Roman Catholic. I've been trying to follow God as best I can and have been trying to change some of my lifestyles and attitudes. I try not to be overly angry and judgemental, but when I hear about these lowlife extremists on the internet or in the news, I can't help but want to hurt these people. Jack Chick, Jesus Camp and the Phelps family are the main ones that p**s me off. These people claim to speak for God when in actuality, they're trying to brainwash, scare and disturb the people that they are trying to "save". Jack sends out buls*** messages about other religious groups, rock 'n' roll, dungeons and dragons, etc.
Jesus Camp brainwashes kids into becoming terrorists and we all know about the Phelps family.

That's all I have for now.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »

Screamers : Of all the pranks on the internet, I friggin' hate these most of all. My first experience with one of these abominations was on halloween when I was in grade five. It screwed me up ever since. What drives me even more insane is when dumbass parents show their kids these things PLUS videotape the kid's reaction. I've seen a few of these and it not only makes me hate screamers more, but it also proves to me that parents don't give a crap about their child's mental health.

Heavy Metal Haters : As a fan of metal, it truly grinds my s*** when I hear stupid people (mainly crazy religious people and pop fans) make stupid assumptions about Metal when in reality they know absolutley nothing about the genre.

Religious Extremists : Now, as you all probably know, I'm Roman Catholic. I've been trying to follow God as best I can and have been trying to change some of my lifestyles and attitudes. I try not to be overly angry and judgemental, but when I hear about these lowlife extremists on the internet or in the news, I can't help but want to hurt these people. Jack Chick, Jesus Camp and the Phelps family are the main ones that p**s me off. These people claim to speak for God when in actuality, they're trying to brainwash, scare and disturb the people that they are trying to "save". Jack sends out buls*** messages about other religious groups, rock 'n' roll, dungeons and dragons, etc.
Jesus Camp brainwashes kids into becoming terrorists and we all know about the Phelps family.

That's all I have for now.

I immediately distrust ANYONE who makes the slightest suggestion that they are speaking for God. I'm a deist, so I don't follow any religion or doctrine based on the Judeo-Christian Bible, the Quran, or any other supposedly "inspired" text. If I used those teachings or doctrines as the basis of my faith, I would have a pretty shoddy opinion of God.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 01:24:20 PM »

Aren't they more like Jonas Bros. and Lady Gaga fans?

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 07:44:01 PM »

Dirty public restrooms...all of which you can read about here...

http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/2010/03/potty-pefection-by-darksider.html

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
3mnkids

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »

Reminded of a couple more while out this afternoon..

Seeing someones underwear.Not only the young guys who wear their pants around their knees but woman who see nothing wrong with flashing their thong. Its not sexy, its sleazy. I don't care how fine you think your ass is you look ridiculous. 

Drivers who break for no apparent reason over and over again. WTF are you breaking for!

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 10:48:28 PM »

people who say that Plan 9 is the world's worst movie- dude, there are much more worse movies out there! Hatred

yeah no.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 01:35:33 AM »

"I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know there are people in the world that do not love their fellow human beings, and I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT." -Tom Lehrer, "National Brotherhood Week"

There are a couple tests of a person's character that don't fail. The first is how they treat service people. The second is how they drive. If somebody you know fails these tests, they are a***oles, pure and true.

The internet adds a new wrinkle:

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 03:28:41 AM »

Oh oh Trev: I just looked it up on wiki.

During the last quarter of a match, supporters blow vuvuzelas frantically in an attempt to "kill off" their opponents

Really?  That must be quite the assault on the senses!

It is. It sounds like you're in a hive of very angry bees.  Buggedout

The world football governing body, FIFA, wanted to ban the use of vuvuzelas during the World Cup 2010 because of concerns that hooligans could use the instrument as a weapon and that businesses could place advertisements on vuvuzelas. However the South African Football Association (SAFA) made a presentation that vuvuzelas were essential for an authentic South African football experience,[2] and FIFA decided in July 2008 to drop the ban, allowing vuvuzelas at Confederations Cup.[15] President of FIFA Sepp Blatter opposed banning the vuvuzela, saying "We should not try to Europeanise an African World Cup."[16] FIFA ultimately decided to allow the instrument for the 2010 World Cup as well.

Sounds (yes that is a pun) like you are out of luck!

Yup, I guess so. SOL as Shadow would say.   Buggedout Wink

Some football commentators, players, and international audiences argued against the vuvuzela during the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup. During the match between United States and Italy, BBC Three commentator Lee Dixon referred to the sounds as "quite irritating".

- this made me laugh: "quite irritating" - how very 'Brit' of him!

Quite irritating is putting it mildly.  Buggedout Buggedout

During the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Hyundai and a local South African advertising agency called Jupiter Drawing Room created the largest working vuvuzela in the world - 114 feet (35 m) long - on an unfinished flyover road in Cape Town.[20] The vuvuzela is powered by several air horns attached at the mouth piece end, and it will be blown at the beginning of each of the World Cup Matches.

Ummm...Trevor, maybe it is a good thing you were not able to get tickets?  You'll be able to hear that thing everywhere!

[/quote]

Thankfully, Cape Town is far from us.  Wink

That unfinished highway is a great South African legend ~ started in the late 1960's, the highway was never completed due to a design fault leaving the highest part of it suspended in mid-air. Quite frightening when you're up there and movie and commercial crews have used either sides ~ separated by a kilometre or so of open space ~ for stunts.

This is a picture of the vuvuzela on one of the highways:  Buggedout

And, off the same bridge, this is to show you how bad my driving is when I'm in Cape Town.  Wink

It's actually a still from the film Consequence filmed in Cape Town.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 03:33:06 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.