Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:10:56 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624636 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2010, 06:25:57 AM »

What grinds my gears is those douchebags who travel around in their cars with the windows down, blaring their music so damn loud that people from over two blocks away can hear it.  Especially when they got those annoying at f**k amped up bass speakers so  you feel the vibration coursing through your veins with each beat.

It's like, "Hey, Jackass, why not try putting the speakers on the INSIDE of your car!"

Also not a big fan of those guys who drive loud cars and bikes.  They insist on each stop they've got to let their vehicles "roar" several times.  If there's anyone on here who does that, let me speak for everyone else when I say, "You are NOT impressing anyone!  Now get a f**king muffler!"

I just love those guys with Harleys and drag pipes.  You can hear them for about 1/2 mile in every direction, and they never miss the opportunity to accelerate hard up our street.  Or up the highway, you can hear them just as well from there.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2010, 06:45:22 AM »

Every time Jack injures himself with a powertool he whines about it.  Its starting to get to me.   BounceGiggle

Ok another serious one for me.  Cars in general.  I really think its one of the greatest inventions ever however, the upkeep on a car is just way too much.  Oil changes, parts problems, etc cost thousands of dollars and hours of time wasted in a waiting rooms for a car's lifespan.  I'd honestly argue you some people end up spending more than what they paid for it in this area.  Plus the "B" of it all is cars nowadays seem to have god*mn sensors for EVERYTHING and the only time it sends off a light is when the sensor is broken!  And it costs hundreds of dollars to replace!!!  ARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!  Sorry, that seems like a damn racket to me.  Plus the cars are getting so complex with their wiring, the common layman has no choice but wheel it into the mechanics for services they used to do themselves.

I really hope in my lifetime they explore the telepod method of travel minus the hideous fly/human side effects Seth Brundle faced. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2010, 07:02:14 AM »

10.  Pretty much anyone who is not a teenager anymore who acts like an eternal adolescent.

I'm sorry.  Bluesad

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2010, 07:17:46 AM »

10.  Pretty much anyone who is not a teenager anymore who acts like an eternal adolescent.

I'm sorry.  Bluesad

I'm sorry too, Newt: even at the ripe old age of 42 years standing, tottering around and falling over  Wink I can't resist going on a slide or swing or doing things that the younglings do.

A case in point: I was with friends in Cape Town and their kids were playing on the slides and swings, so I hauled my big bum up there and did what they did. My young friend's mom saw me there and called to her daughter, saying "Look there! Uncle Trevor's on the slide!" Her daughter looked at me and then at her mom. She shrugged and said: "So? He's on the slide?"  Question TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2010, 09:59:10 AM »

I'm sorry.  Bluesad

No, no... I don't mean people who play on playgrounds or other kids stuff.

I mean people who act very immaturely, who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and the consequences of them.  You know what I mean.   People who do stupid things, then reap the consequences -- and then turn around and complain that the world is out to get them, that it's all bulls**t and so unfair.  That failure to own up to one's own responsibility is the crux of what annoys me.
Paquita

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2010, 12:57:08 PM »

Also not a big fan of those guys who drive loud cars and bikes.  They insist on each stop they've got to let their vehicles "roar" several times.  If there's anyone on here who does that, let me speak for everyone else when I say, "You are NOT impressing anyone!  Now get a f**king muffler!"

They do that on PURPOSE!?  I always felt bad for those people because I thought their cars were all messed up.  Man!  I hate them too then!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »

They do that on PURPOSE!?  I always felt bad for those people because I thought their cars were all messed up.  Man!  I hate them too then!
well, Motorcycles have a reason- when they're on the highway, the need to have a loud sound to alert other drivers of their attendance. Cars, though, there is no reason, other than to make you look like a person with too much money and too much time on their hands.

yeah no.
BTM

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2010, 12:59:40 AM »

Once again, South Park nails it.  :)

Small | Large

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »

You know who really grinds my gears?

Two despicable words: Perez Hilton.

'Nuff said.
3mnkids

« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »

Being a household of 5 and having a house with only 1 bathroom   Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »

You know who really grinds my gears?

Two despicable words: Perez Hilton.

'Nuff said.

Maybe we could lock him (shim???) into an elevator with Paris Hilton for all eternity.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »

An online user called Fai on one of the sites I go to.

Let me explain.  I go to a site called My Anime List every week to see everyone's reaction to the lastest chapter in some of the series I read.  One of them is Naruto, which I find average and is a big guilty pleasure nowadays.  There is one person, however, that is driving me insane though.  He also comments on the latest chapter, he always starts the topic for the chapter, and he even makes the polling.  What gets me is that he goes out of his way to bash the story without even really talking about why it is bad.  Hell, I'm not even sure he is even reading the chapters from how badly he describes and complains about them.

He also goes out of way to insult everyone who likes the manga and even sets up the polls to say you're an idiot for saying a chapter is even remotely good. I mean, look at this from Chapter 497:

5 out of 5: Don't mind me, Ima fantarding (His way of saying you are a retard) nao.
4 out of 5: In denial I am

But besides all of this, the thing that ultimately blows my mind about this guy... he has been doing this since July of last year!!!!  If he f*****g hates this manga so much (Which he does), why is he constantly on its board talking about it and even still reading it?!  AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »

Addendum:

Middle aged women who dress like teenagers when they REALLY should not be doing so (for a variety of reasons).  By this, I mean dressing in ways the teenagers should not be dressing either.   Wink

I mean people who act very immaturely, who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and the consequences of them.  You know what I mean.   People who do stupid things, then reap the consequences -- and then turn around and complain that the world is out to get them, that it's all bulls**t and so unfair.  That failure to own up to one's own responsibility is the crux of what annoys me.

Saw a LOT of this back when working in Law Enforcement.  People in their 40's and 50's doing stuff, getting busted, then spending five figures on a lawyer to get out of it with excuses like it was all OUR fault (for being "the man" I guess).

A few years ago, my nephew got arrested for DUI.  His family went nuts, hiring lawyers for him and all kinds of crap.  I asked him "did you DO it?"  He said, "yes."  I told him then to stand up to the judge, tell him "yes sir, I did it" and take to take his punishment like a man.  Ultimately, that's what he did...he paid his price and got on with his life.

I've got more respect for him (with his OMG-He got a DUI "past") for owning his actions than all those folks that were trying to get him out of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2010, 12:26:17 PM »

A guy named Bill McCamis on one of the artifact boards I belong to.  The biggest, rudest jerk I have ever met in my 12 years online.  Everyone who disagrees with him on ANY topic, archeological or political, is either an idiot or a hypocrite or both.  Some of the most mild-mannered artifact collectors I ever met would like nothing better than to kick his a$$ on sight, myself included.  What a nasty, petty, evil little man! Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2010, 02:47:49 PM »

Addendum:

Middle aged women who dress like teenagers when they REALLY should not be doing so (for a variety of reasons).  By this, I mean dressing in ways the teenagers should not be dressing either.   Wink

I mean people who act very immaturely, who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and the consequences of them.  You know what I mean.   People who do stupid things, then reap the consequences -- and then turn around and complain that the world is out to get them, that it's all bulls**t and so unfair.  That failure to own up to one's own responsibility is the crux of what annoys me.

Saw a LOT of this back when working in Law Enforcement.  People in their 40's and 50's doing stuff, getting busted, then spending five figures on a lawyer to get out of it with excuses like it was all OUR fault (for being "the man" I guess).

A few years ago, my nephew got arrested for DUI.  His family went nuts, hiring lawyers for him and all kinds of crap.  I asked him "did you DO it?"  He said, "yes."  I told him then to stand up to the judge, tell him "yes sir, I did it" and take to take his punishment like a man.  Ultimately, that's what he did...he paid his price and got on with his life.

I've got more respect for him (with his OMG-He got a DUI "past") for owning his actions than all those folks that were trying to get him out of it.

I agree that if you get caught breaking the law it’s rather silly to blame law enforcement, they’re just doing their job. However, I used to play poker with a bunch of cops at their FOP hall, and I got along with and liked the majority of them immensely. However, I was witness to several instances in which one of them would leave the card game and were clearly over the limit, get in their vehicle and drive off. What are the odds they would suffer the consequences if pulled over? I sure hope cops keep doing their jobs and keeping drunks off the road, but based on my experience if any one of them wants to be judgmental about driving over the limit they can smooch my d**k. They're not held to the same standards of consequence.

If I were to ask for a show of hands from the number of people who have run a red light, or broken the speed limit and were never seen or caught, I’m confident that would be just about everyone here. If I were to ask how many have ever driven a vehicle while over the legal limit but made it home without getting pulled over, the number would probably not be as high, but I’m sure there would be a good amount. Now, if I were to ask the same people who raised their hands if they turned themselves in or sought punishment for their infractions how many hands would raise? I’d be surprised if there were a single one. How about if you were pulled over while over the limit and given the opportunity to escape the consequences? Would you turn it down? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

All that said, yeah, if I were ever caught over the legal limit, I certainly would own up to it, and I certainly wouldn’t blame the cops for doing their job. That’s ridiculous.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:54:01 PM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.