Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:14:45 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 631618 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »

What are the odds they would suffer the consequences if pulled over?

FWIW, where I worked, they DID suffer the same consequences if pulled over.  During the years I worked there, we had several get caught for DUI...and they lost their jobs and stood before the judge just like everyone else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2010, 09:16:57 AM »

What are the odds they would suffer the consequences if pulled over?

FWIW, where I worked, they DID suffer the same consequences if pulled over.  During the years I worked there, we had several get caught for DUI...and they lost their jobs and stood before the judge just like everyone else.

I guess it varies depending on the jurisdiction. That wasn't the case in my example, that's for sure. I won't be specific, but it was somewhere around the middle east coast. I still respected their jobs as law enforcers, but that bit that I witnessed always bothered me. I will say, however, that playing cards with them did get me out of a speeding ticket once. I was driving about 15 over on the highway and got pulled over in that jurisdiction. I asked the officer if he knew "so-and-so" and "what's-his-name" and he asked how I knew them and I said I played cards with them at the FOP lodge over on "such-and-such" road and he said "slow down and have a nice day."

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
BTM

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2010, 01:36:43 AM »

If he f*****g hates this manga so much (Which he does), why is he constantly on its board talking about it and even still reading it?!  AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Reminds me of a lot of the people on the boards of popular films on the imdb.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2010, 01:41:36 AM »

It's a minor thing, but I hate it when guests at the hotel I work at get annoyed at me when I call them for their wake up calls.  I mean, "Hey, Jackass, you ordered the wake up!  So don't get p**sed at me when I actually do what you wanted!"

BTM

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2010, 01:58:04 AM »

Another good one.. idiot customers.

For a couple of years I had this work at home job where I took phone calls from HSN (Home Shopping Network.)  Basically I'd sign up for various hours, and, when my shift came, I'd log into my computer, and they would forward calls to my phone.  Most of them weren't too bad.  I especially loved the sweet old ladies who'd call and be all polite like, place their orders, ask some questions, gush about how much they loved the products and then thank for me their help.  Real grandmotherly types.

Then there were some of the other people.

Lots of rude pricks call these numbers (course, maybe I'm suffering from a bit class envy here, but I'm guessing there's a bit of rudeness in anyone that'll spend hundreds of dollars on s**t that has no purpose other than to look nice one your finger or neck).  One of the types I REALLY hated where the people who'd call and act like I was interrupting their schedule.  They'd be like, "Can we speed this up, please?"  in a real nasty tone of voice.  To this, I would think, "Oh, gee, I'm sorry, am I inconveniencing you?  If you're in a hurry, why the f**k did you call now?"

Seriously, why the hell would you call someone and then act like they're the ones that are holding you up from whatever mindless s**t you want to get back to?

Then there's the, "I'm ordering for someone nearby" people.  You know, they'd call, and after every question I'd ask regarding their order, they would yell the question to someone else standing in the room, get the answer, and then tell me what they said.  I'm like, "Why do you just hand the phone over to the OTHER person?!?"  

And again, I can't ask these simple logical questions directly to the customer because that might be considered rude.  Instead I'm suppose to just keep up the polite front and resist my natural impulse to call these people dumbasses and hang up on them.

Finally, there's the penny pinchers.  These are the people you get who make an order, you go through all the steps, get all their info, get right to sale, give them the total and then WHAT?!?  It's HOW much?  They find out the tax and/or shipping, and they'll like, "Well, just cancel the order."  I had one lady was ordering a necklace for about $120 or so dollars and the she canceled the order when she found out she had to pay like five bucks for tax.  It's like, you're willing to spend over a HUNDRED dollars on a stupid necklace, but you bulk at paying a few extra bucks in taxes?!?  
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:15:23 AM by BTM » Logged

Jim H

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »

Hmm.  Work ones are good. 

I work in a library.  People who are loud in the library irritate me.  It also irritates me that libraries are now trying to become social meccas for people to get free internet rather than sources of learning.  I know people learn on the internet, but it just isn't the same.  I miss the time when libraries were quiet and the librarians would yell at you if you made noise. 

Now they are places to drop kids off for cheap entertainment, a place to get movies for free, a place to sit in the middle of the aisle and read while blocking traffic, and a place to talk loudly on the phone.

They were probably the closest thing to a shrine I went to as a child, and I feel like they've been desecrated.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:14 AM »

Another good one.. idiot customers.
They'd be like, "Can we speed this up, please?"  in a real nasty tone of voice.  To this, I would think, "Oh, gee, I'm sorry, am I inconveniencing you?  If you're in a hurry, why the f**k did you call now?" Seriously, why the hell would you call someone and then act like they're the ones that are holding you up from whatever mindless s**t you want to get back to?

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I also deal with clients everyday and most of them are 100% OK ~ you do get the odd one who almost spoils your day. I had a client who was asking about some SA films of the 1960s on DVD and so I sent him the list of the current releases, on which most of his films were covered.

This jackass then emailed me back and thanked me for "rescuing the films from oblivion" as though the Film Archives hadn't preserved the things at all!  Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2010, 06:43:15 AM »

Xanadu, IT IS VERY HORRIBLE and I barely survived it and it has put mental scars on me, Monster A Go Go didn't, Red Zone Cuba didn't, Pocket Ninjas didn't, but the only other two were Super Babies 1 & 2.

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »

You know what has recently been grinding my gears? People, and they generally tend to be of the 60 years plus age, who watch television and, whether it's a show or a movie or even a freaking commercial, have to, every 15 minutes, say: "hey isn't that the guy from that movie?" Or something similar. And they're almost never right. Sometimes they're not even close. What is it about older generations? Am I going to have the same thing happen to me when I reach 60? Does everything just start to melt together and if someone has, say red hair, I'm going to start asking if they're any number of other actros with red hair?

Good God.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »

Hmm.  Work ones are good. 

I work in a library.  People who are loud in the library irritate me.  It also irritates me that libraries are now trying to become social meccas for people to get free internet rather than sources of learning.  I know people learn on the internet, but it just isn't the same.  I miss the time when libraries were quiet and the librarians would yell at you if you made noise. 

Now they are places to drop kids off for cheap entertainment, a place to get movies for free, a place to sit in the middle of the aisle and read while blocking traffic, and a place to talk loudly on the phone.

They were probably the closest thing to a shrine I went to as a child, and I feel like they've been desecrated.
Thank you for bringing this up and bless you sir for dealing with these A-Holes.  I honestly couldn't have said my feelings on this issue better than you have. The scumbags across the street from me (definition of "white trash" btw) do this sh!t all the time!  Every damn time I go into the local library, their kids (who are failiing every subject known to man) are in there screwing around on the computer playing games and not doing a thing to enhance their knowledge. Granted I'm not going to claim that I use a library computer for knowledge ALL the time.  Still, at least I don't eat up someone else's valuable computer time for several hours a week.  Yes...its an every day thing with these jerks and theres more like them I curse whenever I go into public libraries.  They are ALWAYS the most disruptive losers in the place and should get kicked out.  I think the librarians have a soft spot for them because they are ratty looking.

Man you struck a chord... TeddyR  I respect public libraries simply because I feel there is no knowledge that is not power. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2010, 05:16:01 AM »

I think the librarians have a soft spot for them because they are ratty looking.
Man you struck a chord... TeddyR  I respect public libraries simply because I feel there is no knowledge that is not power. 

I have to give you a big  TeddyR for that, DS: I'm trained as a librarian and getting those organizational skills stands me in good stead to this day. I'm typing this in my office which is also the Film Archives' library ~ it is the neatest and quietest place in this place. Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2010, 06:25:51 AM »

Last time I was in the library, it looked like somebody was running their Ebay business on one of the computers there  Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »

Everytime I go to listen to metal on Youtube, there is always a f**king Justin Beiber comment. He who shall not be named is the Faggot of Earth!

yeah no.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »

You know what I can't friggin' stand? "Gangsta" Kids.

I am so freaking sick and tired of hearing these lowlifes talk at the bus stop about how cool they are, how they're gonna be the next best next thing and how "awesome" the ghetto is.

Most of all, their free-style rapping drives me insane. Every one I've heard all sounds the same. It's always about killing cops/homosexuals/other "gangsta", money and raping women.

I hate to sound like an a***ole, but these unintelligent people need to be exterminated.

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »

You know what I can't friggin' stand? "Gangsta" Kids.

I am so freaking sick and tired of hearing these lowlifes talk at the bus stop about how cool they are, how they're gonna be the next best next thing and how "awesome" the ghetto is.

Most of all, their free-style rapping drives me insane. Every one I've heard all sounds the same. It's always about killing cops/homosexuals/other "gangsta", money and raping women.

I hate to sound like an a***ole, but these unintelligent people need to be exterminated.

What about Nerdcore Rap, they rap about using proper grammar and Star Wars?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.