Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:36 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624360 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »

You know what really grinds my gears?

I've brought this topic up before. People who already know that they're not going to like a movie, all the signs are there, the writing is on the wall, yet they go to the theatre, buy the ticket, and see it anyway. This is doubly so for crappy Hollywood hack remakes. The rats just scramble for the feeder bar whenever a remake comes out. They practically announce it: "Oh, why did they remake this? This is going to terrible." Next week they're writing a review about how we should save our money.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2010, 01:44:35 AM »

So I went to apply for a position at my schools bookstore which has the duration of 5-weeks. What you did is you filled out an application and signed your name to a sheet, and waited with other students until your name was called. Then you'd be taken aside and be interviewed for three minuets while they skim your application. I was asked really dumb questions, and felt it was an insult to my intelligence. Yes, I have over four years retail experience you can find that out looking at my stupid application for this job that lasts only 5 weeks, why even ask. And they asked what I felt would be an inappropriate reason for being late and what was the hardest thing I encountered at an other job-- seriously!
I have a 3.99 GPA in Economics I can do better. I don't really care if even get the stupid job. It's only good for beer money anyways. My goal is  to work somewhere for 4 months so I can pay off a sizable chunk to Sally Mae when I leave school.
Gee, I sure hope with my education and four years retail experience I'm qualified to work there for 5 weeks... holy 5h17! If I'm not then I wonder who is!

You know, I just get tired of crap where you're just treated like a moron and herded like cattle because your young and a college student. It's like that all over my campus, you try to talk to anyone at customer service desks there, they cut you off, then refer you to another department who can't answer your question, then they refer you back to the same idiot. If you can't deal with my concern then let me go, quit wasting my time and making myself and others feel like cattle.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »

I'm on an anti-anxiety medication, and I have to go in for an annual physical to make sure that I'm in good enough health to continue taking my medication.  What a f****** scam.  I'm 45 years old and in perfect health.  The damned pills are expensive enough, but hey, let's soak our patient profit center for double that cost by making them come in for a totally unnecessary checkup each year.  Then they screwed up the freakin' prescription of course - there's 90 days worth of pills in a bottle, so I should get one bottle that's good for three refills in order to have a year's worth, but no - they give me a bottle that's only good for two refills.  So now I've gotta get that BS straightened out.

For the love of Christ, this town is full of 85 year old zombies driving around in two ton automobiles - takes them three minutes just to hobble 50 feet but let's give them access to death machines.  But they only have to go in for an eye test once every 4 years.  

Oh, and while I'm ranting - stinkin' router was screwing up completely.  So I disconnected and uninstalled it.  Then I find out my modem is all screwy - it resets itself a couple times a day, and if the computer is turned on - which it is 24/7 - it never manages to reboot.  I had to turn the computer off and then unplug the modem, plug it back in, and wait an hour for it to finally reboot.  Of course the phone runs through the modem, so if I didn't notice that it reset itself and was unable to reboot, we wouldn't have phone service until I did all that crap.  So I took the thing into the cable company yesterday to exchange it, spent and hour standing there on hold while they had me call up their home office.   Lookingup  So they won't exchange it, I have to have a guy come out to the house and replace it.  And now of course the damned thing is working perfectly.  Arrrggghhh.  A junk router hooked up to a junk modem;  gosh, no wonder I couldn't figure out what was wrong.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:43:28 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »

Not to ruin your rant, Jack, but it's common (ie, standard of practice) to see people yearly for *any* prescribed medication.  More often, typically, if the prescription has any addiction potential as some but not all anxiety rx do.    I'm included in that -- I have to go see my doctor yearly for an albuterol inhaler that I use only before exercise.

Patients who treat me like I'm a prescription vending machine.    TeddyR
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2010, 01:28:40 PM »

Not to ruin your rant, Jack, but it's common (ie, standard of practice) to see people yearly for *any* prescribed medication.  More often, typically, if the prescription has any addiction potential as some but not all anxiety rx do.    I'm included in that -- I have to go see my doctor yearly for an albuterol inhaler that I use only before exercise.

That's a valid point. I just tested just a tad under normal on testosterone levels, so it's likely they're going to put me on some sort of replacement therapy. I fully expect to be evaluated once a year or more for that kind of thing. My best advice would be to get used to yearly doctor visits.

3mnkids

« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »

Smart ass children. After getting onto my oldest boy about his mouth he said... maybe I have tourettes.  Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »

Smart ass children. After getting onto my oldest boy about his mouth he said... maybe I have tourettes.  Lookingup

I hope you sternly addressed to comment for the sake of proper discipline and then in secret acknowledged how awesome that was.  BounceGiggle

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »

Oh I'd be astonished if it wasn't a common practice.  As far as addiction, it took doctors 9 years to diagnose my anxiety disorder, but I guess I should assume that they're a lot better at spotting addictions. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2010, 07:52:40 PM »

My car is such a piece of crap, it gets stuck between 1st and 2nd all the time! It really p**ses me off!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
3mnkids

« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2010, 09:11:32 PM »

Smart ass children. After getting onto my oldest boy about his mouth he said... maybe I have tourettes.  Lookingup

I hope you sternly addressed to comment for the sake of proper discipline and then in secret acknowledged how awesome that was.  BounceGiggle

Although he can be funny sometimes if he wasn't "on" all the time with his little quips I might be more forgiving.  We went to a burger joint that brings the food to the table in little baskets and as soon as the girl put his down he grabbed it, looked at her, and said in a very creepy voice.. it puts the lotion in the basket.. She didn't know what to think and we were laughing our asses off.  TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2010, 01:26:53 AM »

One thing that bugs me is people who always have all the lights on in the middle of the day.  They're not needed.  Just open the shades or drapes.  Sunlight is more natural than the harsh light of a 100 watt bulb.
A friend of mine is terrible about it.  I'll go over there at 1:00 in the afternoon and every light in the house is on.
And he wonders why his electric bill is so high.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2010, 07:26:32 AM »

My car is such a piece of crap, it gets stuck between 1st and 2nd all the time! It really p**ses me off!
get the transmittion replaced.

yeah no.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2010, 07:55:45 AM »

get the transmittion replaced.

I was being ironic.

BTM

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2010, 09:48:13 AM »

You know, if I said that, my mom would have gotten smart back and said, "Well, maybe I'm going to develop tourettes of the hand and smack you uncontrollably with it!"

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »

You know, if I said that, my mom would have gotten smart back and said, "Well, maybe I'm going to develop tourettes of the hand and smack you uncontrollably with it!"

This would be my ideal family.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.