Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:37 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624471 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »

Irresponsible people... My niece, who I haven't seen or spoken too in 4 years, gave my number as a contact and now lawyers are calling me because they have filed some kind of civil suit against her.

I just got off the phone with them and told them I don't know her number, where she lives, or what the hell this is about, stop calling me!  Hatred  Im sooo p**sed. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »

You know what really grinds my gears?

Zombie debt collectors. No, that's not the title of a B-movie.

For those that don't know, zombie debt collectors are agencies that buy up old debt, including debt for which someone is not responsible for is out of the statute of limitations for collection. I was married before, and during the pending divorce my wonderful ex created debt for me in various ways, telephone accounts, hospital bills for her, lots of stuff. Every once in a while I'll get a zombie debt letter for something from years ago that I had no connection with other than it was some account she set up for herself and because we weren't divorced yet, it fell on me as well. Most of it is stuff that I have absolutely no financial liability for, but they don't care. They do stuff like make threatening phone calls, threaten legal action, etc. I always tell them the same thing. Good luck, buddy. Your legal action carries absolutely no weight, and I will take legal action against you if this affects my credit. They never do anything about it except continue to make threats and try to intimidate me. f**king losers.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »

wow Fick good point!!!

I'm getting angry with my old student loan. Originally I was told I have to pay 50 dollars a month (in the mid 1990's) and thought it was ok, then I got a job after graduation... only making 11 dollars an hour...  in debt up to my eyeballs and the student loan people wanted me to pay 100 dollars a month Hatred

I paid as much as I can and stopped, then I got back into paying my student loan again this time they want 150 dollars!!! (and I'm currently making a crappy 15.00) GEE I HATE MY LUCK AND PAY!!!

So I missed a few payments and the student loan are calling like ever 30 mins... GEE...

I talk to those people about a reduced payment plan (which they agree) and the JERKS ARE STILL CALLING ME!!!

wow, its like Illinois really need my money! What is there problem!

PS... I really hate Rod Blagojevich and I hope he rots in JAIL!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »

You know what really grinds my gears?

Zombie debt collectors. No, that's not the title of a B-movie.

For those that don't know, zombie debt collectors are agencies that buy up old debt, including debt for which someone is not responsible for is out of the statute of limitations for collection. I was married before, and during the pending divorce my wonderful ex created debt for me in various ways, telephone accounts, hospital bills for her, lots of stuff. Every once in a while I'll get a zombie debt letter for something from years ago that I had no connection with other than it was some account she set up for herself and because we weren't divorced yet, it fell on me as well. Most of it is stuff that I have absolutely no financial liability for, but they don't care. They do stuff like make threatening phone calls, threaten legal action, etc. I always tell them the same thing. Good luck, buddy. Your legal action carries absolutely no weight, and I will take legal action against you if this affects my credit. They never do anything about it except continue to make threats and try to intimidate me. f**king losers.

Flick: you might try writing a letter like the one on this page.  If it's not a legitimate debt and they continue to contact you, you can sue them.  Also check out this page.

Skull: Student loans (especially Federal student loans) are treated under different rules.  You may have less recourse.     

This is not legal advice, just information you can find through an Internet search.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2010, 07:57:17 PM »

Rev Powell: What's recourse?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
BTM

« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2010, 08:34:31 PM »

You know, if I said that, my mom would have gotten smart back and said, "Well, maybe I'm going to develop tourettes of the hand and smack you uncontrollably with it!"

This would be my ideal family.

Well, obviously you weren't raised by the same woman I was...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »

Rev Powell: What's recourse?

"Something or someone turned to for assistance or security," legally speaking, we usually mean the courts or a statute.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2010, 10:34:06 PM »

Can't Skull refinance?

Yeah I'm totally not looking forward to paying off my loans... there really was no other way for me to go to school.
I hope I can do that thing where I start off with small payments and make higher payments as I make more money, and if you totally just can't get ahead after 20 years it's forgiven.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
BTM

« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2010, 12:16:54 AM »

Yeah I'm totally not looking forward to paying off my loans... there really was no other way for me to go to school.
I hope I can do that thing where I start off with small payments and make higher payments as I make more money, and if you totally just can't get ahead after 20 years it's forgiven.

I haven't even started paying off my loans, and I graduated almost three years ago.  Despite having a degree, I'm still working a part time minimum wage job.  Every job in my field (IT, if you're curious) seems to want years of experience and me to be familiar with all kinds of programs that a) weren't taught in my college and b) would cost me hundreds of dollars to buy (not to mention the new computer I'd probably need to run them.)

(sigh)

It's depressing to think about.  I wish I could go back in time and get a different degree.

On the bright side though, compared to many graduates, I don't owe too much (even though it's quite a bit of change for me).  Been thinking of getting another loan trying to take some more university courses (tried to get a loan with the local community college, but financial aid rejected me.)  Granted, that'll put me further in debt, but I've always been a "in for a penny, in for a pound" kind of fellow.  

:)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:36:59 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2010, 12:37:45 AM »

Granted, that'll put me further in debt, but I've always been a "in for a penny, in for a pound" kind of fellow.  

debt = BAAAAAAADDDDD.  Debt REALLY grinds my gears.  So does underemployment.

Think about it this way:  Right now, you have a degree but no experience in your field, and some debt.  Let's say you keep your min wage job during school, so you don't lose THAT income.

At the end of this second degree program, you will have:  Two degrees with no experience in either field and BIGGER DEBT.

There is a TON of people out there (more than that, actually,  Wink ) out of work, looking for jobs and quite a few of them have 5, 10 or even 20 years of experience.  Do you really think that another degree and bigger debt is the answer out of your hole?

UNLESS...you are talking about a degree from some sort of community college type vocational school...THEN I might give your idea some credence.  Those schools are more like JOB TRAINING, which I think would be FAR more valuable than a four year degree (which I assumed you meant); four year degrees are more 'philosophical' than practical.

Auto mechanics, welding, those types of things, or if you really want to increase your odds of getting a job in the two years it takes to finish the program...something in the medical field (transcriptionists are always needed, med techs in various jobs, nursing, etc..ALWAYS in demand).   Some of these jobs pay better than others, of course, but most are significantly above min. wage.

Anyway, research what jobs are available in your area and go after something there.

Go to a temp agency and work part-time temp work to get EXPERIENCE in your field?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:39:17 AM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2010, 06:34:22 AM »

Can't Skull refinance?

lol...

I just wanted to vent about my student loan. I wish I could pay it off but it's been difficult lately since I havent gotten a raise in 2 years and everything is starting to cost more. And currently looking for a new job is quite difficult when I've seen other companies simular to mine turned into a skeleton crew to survive.

yes... Im pointing my finger at Obama.

I didnt like Obama because I know he's ideas sucked... but I didnt expect to see him and the democraps would try to turn the USA into the USSR over night. wow talk about a reality shift... most of the 'legal' aliens are comming to the USA to get away from the kings and dictators and we are now heading towards that direction.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2010, 09:23:30 AM »

I didn't want to give the impression I was whining about debt in general. I was not advocating weaseling out of legitimate debt that you owe. If you owe money, you should pay it. I was just ranting on the loser zombie debt collectors whose sole purpose is to collect debt, alot of which is bogus, and harass people. Talk about a soleless existence. I don't care how out of work I was, I would never work for such an industry.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2010, 09:41:22 AM »

I haven't even started paying off my loans, and I graduated almost three years ago.  Despite having a degree, I'm still working a part time minimum wage job.  Every job in my field (IT, if you're curious) seems to want years of experience and me to be familiar with all kinds of programs that a) weren't taught in my college and b) would cost me hundreds of dollars to buy (not to mention the new I'd need.)

(sigh)

It's depressing to think about.  I wish I could go back in time and get another degree.

On the bright side though, compared to many graduates, I don't owe too much (even though it's quite a bit of change for me).  Been thinking of getting another loan trying to take some more university courses (tried to get a loan with the local community college, but financial aid rejected me.)  Granted, that'll put me further in debt, but I've always been a "in for a penny, in for a pound" kind of fellow.  

:)

I don't like the idea of a double major because it seem like you won't be able to focus in one area of study, like you lose knowledge of from both areas of study simply because the human brain can only hold so much knowledge, and what if you find a job and have a career that only relates to one degree, then you wasted time learning the other discipline.

UNLESS...you are talking about a degree from some sort of community college type vocational school...THEN I might give your idea some credence.  Those schools are more like JOB TRAINING, which I think would be FAR more valuable than a four year degree (which I assumed you meant); four year degrees are more 'philosophical' than practical.

Auto mechanics, welding, those types of things, or if you really want to increase your odds of getting a job in the two years it takes to finish the program...something in the medical field (transcriptionists are always needed, med techs in various jobs, nursing, etc..ALWAYS in demand).   Some of these jobs pay better than others, of course, but most are significantly above min. wage.

Anyway, research what jobs are available in your area and go after something there.

Go to a temp agency and work part-time temp work to get EXPERIENCE in your field?

Well trades across the board are suffering cutbacks. I'm skeptical on the medical field because so many people are going into it. Then there's also all this talk on medical reform, something thats only going to occur 4 years from now... what's to say those reforms are going to be overturned. If the reform stays, it sucks for all parties involved, and I just foresee less people in the profession being employed because of it-- people with the larger incomes will pay more, and are not going to go through as many rigorous tests and procedures.

I'm actually considering joining the military, maybe they can use my skills somewhere, and I can meet people who have connections, so I wont be so much on the outside.

yes... Im pointing my finger at Obama.

I didnt like Obama because I know he's ideas sucked... but I didnt expect to see him and the democraps would try to turn the USA into the USSR over night. wow talk about a reality shift... most of the 'legal' aliens are comming to the USA to get away from the kings and dictators and we are now heading towards that direction.

Ironically I'm thinking about joining the military, but I think his idea of pumping more money to the states to keep government worker jobs is the worst way to create jobs. He's gonna put us more into debt, and kill some of the tax bases. Police and teachers have an easier time getting their jobs back more than anybody else. Why the hell doesn't this administration cut taxes on employers for hiring people. If debt is going to become 90% of GDP in the coming years if we keep the way were going, then I'd say that we went farther than necessary with the stimulus.

Skull
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2010, 10:58:47 AM »

I didn't want to give the impression I was whining about debt in general. I was not advocating weaseling out of legitimate debt that you owe. If you owe money, you should pay it. I was just ranting on the loser zombie debt collectors whose sole purpose is to collect debt, alot of which is bogus, and harass people. Talk about a soleless existence. I don't care how out of work I was, I would never work for such an industry.

lol... Agree... I feel bad that I still have this student loan but i'm trying to pay it off and I would like the government stop calling my house 3 to 9 times a day if I'm late on a payment.

Nukie 2

Ironically I'm thinking about joining the military, but I think his idea of pumping more money to the states to keep government worker jobs is the worst way to create jobs. He's gonna put us more into debt, and kill some of the tax bases. Police and teachers have an easier time getting their jobs back more than anybody else. Why the hell doesn't this administration cut taxes on employers for hiring people. If debt is going to become 90% of GDP in the coming years if we keep the way were going, then I'd say that we went farther than necessary with the stimulus.

The reason why new jobs are not forming or hiring currently is that there are too many *unknowns * in the works, the current Healthcare Law (The new taxes for the program that doesn’t start until 4 years later starts in January), the Bush tax cuts also ends in January [from my understand the taxes didn’t factor inflation, for example: people making 50,000 today would be treated in taxes as if they were making 50,000 in the year 2000. Which also includes a 55% death tax and a 50% reduction a tax return for each child.] And CAP & TAX is floating around (which may become law once the Democraps loose the election).

Currently real unemployment rate is somewhere at 26%… The government numbers don’t include those not looking for work (actually those that are off the unemployment benefits without finding work)

Oh… next year is going to be a fun year to watch… :)

Paquita

« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »

Smart ass children. After getting onto my oldest boy about his mouth he said... maybe I have tourettes.  Lookingup

BounceGiggle You make me want to have a boy!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.