Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:14:31 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624658 times)
Skull
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »

Skull,

Geez, and here I thought I liked to stir s**t up. You take the cake.

p.s. 1 more post for 1000.  Cheers

Don't encourage him!  Maybe if everyone ignores him he'll finish painting the ceiling.
That changes everything. You know what really grinds my gears? People who keep posting on the Internet when they've got a ceiling to paint.

Buggedout BounceGiggle Buggedout
claws
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »

People posting updates on forums about movies they are watching. Just happened at two other forums:

"I'm halfway through this film and it's sooo boring"

"This film is great, ten more minutes to go!"

I hate that. Either take your time to watch the damn movie or turn it off.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »

People posting updates on forums about movies they are watching. Just happened at two other forums:

"I'm halfway through this film and it's sooo boring"

"This film is great, ten more minutes to go!"

I hate that. Either take your time to watch the damn movie or turn it off.
BounceGiggle Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »

you know what grinds my car gears? not putting it in the next gear.

but seriously, rain. It keeps p**sin rain here in NOLA
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:04:22 PM by Bull » Logged

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2010, 10:41:03 PM »

Getting a brief rain shower on a hundred degree afternoon!

It's like getting slapped in the face right after being kicked in the crotch!

(Don't believe me?  Try being outside with the thermometer at 100 and the humidity near 100%!!!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »

If you want to got the environmentalist route, the more natural way of living then you will need to accept that lots and lots of people are going to have to die in order to make it possible. Its morbid, I know, but its the truth.

And sorry if this doesn't quite fit in here but I just felt kinda inspired to post my insane rant about how we impact the environment.

How does my choosing to join a community garden, buy less crap that I don't need, grow my own herbs, recycle what I can, help clean up my local area, and switch to more energy-efficient lights lead to the deaths of millions of people, exactly? Do ten people die every time someone picks up a plastic bottle and tosses it in a blue bin?

Thats not what I meant at all, what I was getting at is we are to numerous as a species to support through a wholly naturalistic means. If we want to have a cleaner planet and a naturalistic sustainable way of living then we can't have a population as large as it currently is.
Honestly I would like a cleaner world where we live in greater harmony with the environment. I would love to see the end of corporate mass farming which destroys the land and pollutes the water, no longer having to use fossil fuels to power our cities, less crap in our food and genetically engineered chickens and on and on, but I realize that we can't support a 6 billion plus population on that way of life.
By all means continue to do what you are doing, I recycle and do my part as well. I'm just not going to expect the world to be able to do the same.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Skull
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2010, 07:02:50 AM »

The democratic party not talking about the HEALTH CARE LAW...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »

Sandflies - those pesky little insects just loving leaving me with itchy bites I can't stop scratching and can come on in through window screens and whathaveyou because they're so small.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2010, 04:03:23 PM »

Mosquito bites that take forever to go away even if you don't scratch them.
BTM

« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2010, 02:00:14 AM »

I hate it when I tell people I'm depressed and have been for some time, and the people (although I'm sure most of them mean well) try to cheer me up by giving me useless advice instead of just trying to be compassionate or (even better) indicting they actually care how I feel.

Here's some great "advice" I've been given:

1. Get over it.  

Yeah, that's helpful.  If I were diabetic would you tell me to just "get over" that?

2. Well, you know, others have it waay worse than you... In fact, I know this guy...  (and they proceed to describe others or people in general who have it worse than I do under the guise that I feel better about myself and my circumstances.)

This might make me sound like a prick, but, when I'm very depressed, I don't CARE how badly other people have got it, unless it's in the context of someone trying to comfort me by saying they feel/they've felt the same way, then I can see where that would help.  But just random facts about the people elsewhere living in poverty or a fellow born without legs, or whatever person somewhere elsewhere who got short end of the stick really does NOTHING to help or make me feel better.  Hell, in fact it makes me feel worse, cause now suddenly I'm supposed to feel bad about being depressed, or I just get more depressed because the examples make me contemplate just how miserable the world is.

Not to mention that fact that, yes, while some people seem to have it worse, I can think of a lot who seem to have it BETTER, so playing comparatives is just pointless.

3.  The religion card.

I get this sometimes form my stepbrother and his wife, and sometimes other people online.  They tell me that I just need to get "right" with God, and boom, my depression would go away!  

Course, what these people don't know, is that I WAS right with God, at least at one point in time.  I was a deeply spiritually person years ago, in fact, I'd say the constant depression is just one of several factors that made me turn away from that.  (When you're not feeling the peace and love you're supposed to be, it kind of erodes your faith after awhile, not just in spiritual things, but faith in everything in general.)  Basically, a Christian who's depressed a lot presents a bit of a quandary to most believers, especially those who believe that God still does healings and all sorts of miraculous things today if you believe/pray hard enough for them. How can a REAL Christian be depressed so much?  I mean, God would certainly take all that away from him, right?  

Well, he must NOT be following God very well, of course!  He's holding onto some secret sin, or he's not praying/spending enough time with God.  Ahh, problem solved!  

There's other bits of "advice" I could go on about, but I have to head off to work.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:33:46 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2010, 02:23:41 AM »

I hate it when I tell people I'm depressed and have been for some time, and the people (although I'm sure most of them mean well) try to cheer me up by giving me useless advice instead of just trying to be compassionate or (even better) indicting they actually care how I feel.

Here's some great "advice" I've been given:

1. Get over it. 

Yeah, that's helpful.  If I were diabetic would you tell me to just "get over" that?

2. Well, you know, others have it waay worse than you... In fact, I know this guy...  (and they proceed to describe others or people in general who have it worse than I do under the guise that I feel better about myself and my circumstances.)

This might make me sound like a prick, but, when I'm very depressed, I don't CARE how badly other people have got it, unless it's in the context of someone trying to comfort me by saying they feel/they've felt the same way, then I can see where that would help.  But just random facts about the people elsewhere living in poverty or fellow born with legs, or whatever person somewhere elsewhere who got short end of the stick really does NOTHING to help or make me feel better.  Hell, in fact it makes me feel worse, cause now suddenly I'm supposed to feel bad about being depressed, or I just get more depressed because the examples make me contemplate just how miserable the world is.

Not to mention that fact that, yes, while some people seem to have it worse, I can think of a lot who seem to have it BETTER, so playing comparatives is just pointless.

3.  The religion card.

I get this sometimes form my stepbrother and his wife, and sometimes other people online.  They tell me that I just need to get "right" with God, and boom, my depression would go away! 

Course, what these people don't know, is that I WAS right with God, at least at one point in time.  I was a deeply spiritually person years, in fact, I'd say the constant depression is just one of several factors that made me turn away from that.  (When you're not feeling the peace and love you're supposed to be, it kind of erodes your faith after awhile, not just in spiritual things, but everything.)  Basically, a Christian who's constantly depressed a lot presents a bit of a quandary to most believers, especially who believe that God still does healings and all sorts of miraculous things today if you believe/pray hard enough for them.  How can a REAL Christian be depressed so much?  I mean, God would certainly take all that away from him, right? 

Well, he must NOT be following God very well, of course!  He's holding onto some secret sin, or he's not praying/spending enough time with God.  Ahh, problem solved! 

There's other bits of "advice" I could go on about, but I have to head off to work.

Hear, hear. Another gem is, of course, "It's all in your head." Um, not quite. In quite a few cases, it's quite possibly in the genes or the result of something going on their lives.

Btw, thanks mass media for making it seem like people with depression are just doing it for attention by inadvertedly equating it with emo teens. Way to trivialize a serious mental illness that can destroy a person's life as well as the lives of everyone around them! I mean, hell, it's not like there are ever any underlying issues that need to be addressed or anything; they can just take a "happy pill" and make everything better, right?
Cthulhu

« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2010, 06:01:38 AM »

They. Their. There.
Learn them.
USE THEM CORRECTLY.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2010, 06:06:43 AM »

Cat puke , arghhhhhhh! Hatred

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
3mnkids

« Reply #313 on: August 16, 2010, 10:26:17 AM »

Being nickel and dimed to death.   Hatred  The school raised their bus fees to 25.00 per child. So, 75.00 a month for the kids to ride the bus to school..

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Skull
« Reply #314 on: August 16, 2010, 11:02:41 AM »

Being nickel and dimed to death.   Hatred  The school raised their bus fees to 25.00 per child. So, 75.00 a month for the kids to ride the bus to school..

So you are paying 5 dollars a day to take you kid to school and back home. Do you get a refund on sick days, school day's off and snowdays?

Although I'd often wonder what the school bus drivers so while the kids are in school, I do think many are also doing something else... at least I hope thay are... It's quite silly/wasteful if they are waiting 4 to 6 hours doing nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.