Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:33:43 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624748 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2010, 09:39:37 AM »

I personally don't think anything will truly help a person quit smoking unless they're really ready to quit. I would imagine you were ready to quit and so the anti-depressant really helped.

I think you may be right there.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #331 on: August 21, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »

F'n people who feel a need to post about how they're drinking on Facebook.  Especially the over 40 "I'm having a mid-life crisis and am reliving my 20s a little too late but won't fess up to it" group.  God I hate these mutha f*ckas.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #332 on: August 22, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »

People who video record stuff off their TV and post it on youtube.  If you don't have the tools to do it right, don't bother.

DarkSider's Realm

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »

People who video record stuff off their TV and post it on youtube.  If you don't have the tools to do it right, don't bother.
as in video recording from the tv, not VHS recording and then puttin it on Youtube?

yeah no.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2010, 01:35:45 PM »

as in video recording from the tv, not VHS recording and then puttin it on Youtube?
To clarify, playing something on their TV and using a handheld video recorer to tape the screen.  So that way you can hear their laughing and unwanted dialog.

DarkSider's Realm

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2010, 02:35:32 AM »

Acne commercials. I understand that there are those people who need medication, but for christ sakes a couple of zits is not a freaking breakout. Some of these commercials actually have the balls to say that even minor acne is some kind of major medical condition, requiring a doctor visit. What kind of vain self conscience teenagers are they trying to create?

And then they always have some actress who talks about how horrible her acne was because a single zit showed up on the corner of her mouth or on her cheek and then she found this miracle product to clear up her massive acne problem. Kids if you have acne take: some rubbing alcohol, a cotton swab and wipe your face. It may burn, but it works.

These commercials are teaching our kids that if you have a problem, the solution is medication and there is something wrong with you have zits; its freaking adolescents, we all went through and with most of us it clears up by our late teens.

Smells like popcorn and shame
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2010, 06:26:01 PM »

People who stand in highly trafficed doorways or in front of the refrigerator at work-and then act annoyed when you excuse your self to get around them.  Find a better place to talk.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »

People who stand in highly trafficed doorways or in front of the refrigerator at work-and then act annoyed when you excuse your self to get around them.  Find a better place to talk.

I have a similar peeve: When I was in High School I HATED it when kids would form little groups and talk, hug, kiss, or something else equally annoying in the middle of the hall in-between classes. Inevitably, these were the same kids that would complain about teachers telling them to get to class. Lookingup Hatred

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »

I think I've brought this up before, but lately it's really been p**sing me off. Here in Arizona, there seems to be this epidemic of people getting on major highways and using the left lane to just become a vegetable and cruise. Every other state I have ever driven in, the left lane has been the lane to go fast and/or to pass. Slower cars seem to know, generally, to stay to the right. Not in AZ! On a daily basis I will hop on the freeway for my 30-minute-ish commute to work, get over to the left as my instincts and general road decorum have always told me, and end up having to get over to the right in order to pass some dingbat who is cruising along at the speed limit, sometimes even below. What gives, you morons? Even when I get on the interstate to head north to Flagstaff, in the desert, I experience the same thing. Anyone else here live in AZ and understand what I'm talking about? I've driven in California, Illinois, and Virginia on a regular basis, and cross-country on a few occasions, and I've never seen anything like it anywhere else.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »

I think I've brought this up before, but lately it's really been p**sing me off. Here in Arizona, there seems to be this epidemic of people getting on major highways and using the left lane to just become a vegetable and cruise. Every other state I have ever driven in, the left lane has been the lane to go fast and/or to pass. Slower cars seem to know, generally, to stay to the right. Not in AZ! On a daily basis I will hop on the freeway for my 30-minute-ish commute to work, get over to the left as my instincts and general road decorum have always told me, and end up having to get over to the right in order to pass some dingbat who is cruising along at the speed limit, sometimes even below. What gives, you morons? Even when I get on the interstate to head north to Flagstaff, in the desert, I experience the same thing. Anyone else here live in AZ and understand what I'm talking about? I've driven in California, Illinois, and Virginia on a regular basis, and cross-country on a few occasions, and I've never seen anything like it anywhere else.

My guess is the high percentage of retirees in AZ accounts for that effect.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »

I can't stand one more minute of the $#@#ing news! Its all propaganda, political BS or inane #@$# I don't care about. I can not literally stand any of the major networks, CNN, MSNBC and FOX are all crap! If they do actually cover any news its all so biased I can't stand it. I just want somebody to tell me whats going on thats actually semi-objective about the whole thing.

I apologize for the rant but I was just stuck in the hospital waiting room for two hours and all they had on the TV's were newschannels.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2010, 07:10:40 PM »

I can't stand one more minute of the $#@#ing news! Its all propaganda, political BS or inane #@$# I don't care about. I can not literally stand any of the major networks, CNN, MSNBC and FOX are all crap! If they do actually cover any news its all so biased I can't stand it. I just want somebody to tell me whats going on thats actually semi-objective about the whole thing.

I apologize for the rant but I was just stuck in the hospital waiting room for two hours and all they had on the TV's were newschannels.

I think I would find QVC (the shopping channel) worse. I hate their ugly clothes!

Hold onto your dreams ....
Jim H

« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2010, 10:33:46 PM »

Yeah, TV news is all pretty awful.  I think the Daily Show does better coverage than any of them considering the run time, and that's just SAD.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #343 on: August 26, 2010, 07:30:33 AM »

I think the problem with the news is that they care more about ratings, than keeping you informed. The truth doesn't matter when the majority of people watch your news network.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Skull
« Reply #344 on: August 26, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »

I think the problem with the news is that they care more about ratings, than keeping you informed. The truth doesn't matter when the majority of people watch your news network.

If that was true then the news will be reporting the news based upon whom could get the most information first, the most shocking first or whatever before the other news sources (i.e. the ratings game) therefore it'll never sound like propaganda.

The NEWS (today) they are trying to mold history, swiftly!  They are too busy trying to become history, they don’t care if Obama was a good leader, global warming is real or 1,000 troops die in combat…  all they want is to become part of history. Unfortunately for the NEWS, the people has the power of the Internet to check any/all resources and often times we find the news isn’t reporting with an open mind, they have an agenda and some of their issues are either wrong or half truth.

So we are questing the NEWS and this is the real problem. Therefore the news becomes a propaganda machine because they are busy protecting their reputation. And it’s all about their reputation, because if the people don’t trust or believe in the news/reporters then they don’t have the soapbox to stand.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.