Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:16 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624465 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #465 on: September 22, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »

BRB = Be Right Back

FTW = For the Win

Leet is SO far beyond simple abbreviations for irc...

And, I've driven in both New Orleans and St. Louis.  St. Louis is SATAN as far as I am concerned.  Almost died there when the road I was on JUST ENDED and it JUST PLAIN SUCKS.

As far as I am concerned, St. Louis is the armpit of America, at least as far as driving is concerned.  I've driven in the Metro Manhattan area, Miami, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Denver, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Kansas City, Dallas/Ft. Worth and others...St. Louis SUCKS...get over it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #466 on: September 23, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »

As far as I am concerned, St. Louis is the armpit of America, at least as far as driving is concerned.  I've driven in the Metro Manhattan area, Miami, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Denver, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Kansas City, Dallas/Ft. Worth and others...St. Louis SUCKS...get over it.

And I understand EAST St. Louis is the armpit of Hell.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:38:47 AM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #467 on: September 23, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »

Heh, as I said on page 15.  Since I live in St. Louis.   TeddyR

The layout of the city of St. Louis.  Every direction is a trap.  There are numerous exits and streets that if you go down them, you can't go back to where you came from without literally driving for 5-10 minutes if you KNOW how to get back.  If you have to guess, you can't, as the layout was apparently designed by a mad man.  I missed my exit yesterday, took the next one I saw to turn around, and ended up spending over 20 minutes trying to find my way back. 

It sucks.

East St. Louis is not horrible to navigate, but it's REALLY FRIGGIN' SCARY to drive in. 
3mnkids

« Reply #468 on: September 23, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »

Paying good money for meat from the grocery store only to find out its bad.. This is the third time from my local grocery store. I will not buy anything else from them. Dammit!  Hatred

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #469 on: September 23, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »

You know what really drives me insane?

That unfunny, lame, tiresome, overrated and aggrivating show known as "The Big Bang Theory". Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

I've only seen a few episodes, but those were enough to cause me to personally hate it.
None of the jokes are funny. 99.9% of the time they make me cringe (they basically use the same old material about geeks being bad at relationships, obssessed with technology, etc).

That Sheldon character is especially annoying. Everytime he talks on screen, I want to strangle him (especially when he uses the word: "Bazinga"  Hatred Hatred Hatred)

What's even worse is that it replaced South Park on the comedy network. How they could commit such blasphemy is beyond me.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #470 on: September 23, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »

Whatever is in the air this time of year that makes my nostrils flow like Niagra Falls. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #471 on: September 23, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »

this constant war on Youtube between Metal and Hip Hop & Pop. GET OVER IT YOU BUNG HOLEZ!!!!!!!!

yeah no.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #472 on: September 23, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »

That unfunny, lame, tiresome, overrated and aggrivating show known as "The Big Bang Theory". Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

I've only seen a few episodes, but those were enough to cause me to personally hate it.
None of the jokes are funny. 99.9% of the time they make me cringe (they basically use the same old material about geeks being bad at relationships, obssessed with technology, etc).

That Sheldon character is especially annoying. Everytime he talks on screen, I want to strangle him (especially when he uses the word: "Bazinga"  Hatred Hatred Hatred)

What's even worse is that it replaced South Park on the comedy network. How they could commit such blasphemy is beyond me.

I hear that, I was p**sed  Cheers

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Skull
« Reply #473 on: September 23, 2010, 10:14:20 PM »

I think I've seen an episode or 2 at my mother-in-laws... I agree with you on this.

The shocker for me was how unfunny the caveman sitcome was, which is based on the GEICO Cavemen. I guess the joke is only funny on a 30 second commercial... Or maybe the writers are not as funny as the commercial writers.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #474 on: September 24, 2010, 06:58:37 AM »

I like "Big Bang Theory."  I find it, or parts of it, hilarious.  It's the only sitcom I watch (if I watch any).

Diff'rent strokes and all that...

A new ground gear for me: 

Use of the term "peasy," and in "easy peasy."  There's a forum I've been reading for nearly 10 years, it's all adults (many of whom are retirement age) and I have never seen that word on there before this week.

Now, it seems like just about every thread has it used at least once.  Three times since yesterday.   Hatred

To generalize, I cannot stand just about any use of a "popular catch phrase."  When a term catches on and folks start using it ad nauseum, I find it incredibly tiresome, borish and lazy.   It makes me want to shout "stop being a sheep and think for yourself...create your own sentences using your own words."   
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:53:58 AM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #475 on: September 24, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »

I like "Big Bang Theory."  I find it, or parts of it, hilarious.  It's the only sitcom I watch (if I watch any).

Diff'rent strokes and all that...

A new ground gear for me: 

Use of the term "peasy," and in "easy peasy."  There's a forum I've been reading for nearly 10 years, it's all adults (many of whom are retirement age) and I have never seen that word on there before this week.

Now, it seems like just about every thread has it used at least once.  Three times since yesterday.   Hatred

To generalize, I cannot stand just about any use of a "popular catch phrase."  When a term catches on and folks start using it ad nauseum, I find it incredibly tiresome, borish and lazy.   It makes me want to shout "stop being a sheep and think for yourself...create your own sentences using your own words."   

But...but I've been using the phrase "easy peasy" on rare occasions for years!

While I do agree that phrases will become tiresome if overused, part of the reason for such sayings is to easily convey a thought or feeling in a much shorter time frame than it would take otherwise or to express a sentiment in an amusing way (provided that everyone present understands the saying, of course). For example: "the straw that broke the camel's back." Is it faster to say? Not really, but it does get the idea across very effectively.

Now, if only we could get people to stop quoting "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy" to death...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #476 on: September 24, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »

I had a class once where the instructor would, after every point he made during lecture, would say "roger dodger?" I guess this was to check for comprehension. He did it alot. Actually, he was a good instructor and a funny guy aside from saying "roger dodger" every five minutes. That was annoying. If I had had a feedback survey to do for the class I would have said "great instructor, but can he stop saying 'roger dodger' so much?"

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #477 on: September 24, 2010, 07:04:59 PM »

Backseat drivers man, they f'n get me riled up.  You know, the people who have ALL the friggin' ideas but don't pitch in or do anything to help.  Yet the have all the energy in the world to shoot down the ideas of others with reckless abandonment.  I dealt with two of them today and I'm still PO'd.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #478 on: September 28, 2010, 09:49:46 PM »

Politics, I HATE ALL POLITICS, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEM, it really p**ses me off when there's a robot answering me to vote for this guy. f**k OFF, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP. Why does the US ALWAYS revolve around Politics, why not something more useful than the Dow or Wall Street, THEY SUCK! I hate how one guy is running and tells the bad side of his opponent but doesn't tell what he'll do. I HATE TV AND PHONE ADS FOR SO AND SO! Hatred Hatred Hatred THEY CAN ALL GO STRAIGHT TO HELL< I WOULDN'T GIVE A f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbdown Hatred

yeah no.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #479 on: September 28, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »

Politics, I HATE ALL POLITICS, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEM, it really p**ses me off when there's a robot answering me to vote for this guy. f**k OFF, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP. Why does the US ALWAYS revolve around Politics, why not something more useful than the Dow or Wall Street, THEY SUCK! I hate how one guy is running and tells the bad side of his opponent but doesn't tell what he'll do. I HATE TV AND PHONE ADS FOR SO AND SO! Hatred Hatred Hatred THEY CAN ALL GO STRAIGHT TO HELL< I WOULDN'T GIVE A f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbdown Hatred
I'm with you there. I care about where the country goes, but I can't stand all the horse#$#% that politics has become.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.