Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:00:51 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624564 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #615 on: October 19, 2010, 08:27:53 AM »

My govenment is currently annoying me...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #616 on: October 19, 2010, 09:10:32 AM »

Skateboarders, or certain ones anyhow.  Its one thing to be out with your friends at a skate park or individual's place.  Its another thing to be hurling your body off steps on private property or a businessplace around people walking in and out of a building. These are the same twerps that get PO'd when they are asked to leave.  Sorry, its loitering on wheels.  Theres a reason I take pleasure in watching videos of people falling off their boards and breaking their limbs. 

Doesn't even matter if nobody's around. Somebody owns the property, and that person is liable for what happens there. If they allow skateboarders to use it, they open themselves up to trouble with their insurance companies or with any idiot who gets hurt on their property and decides to sue. Even if that person wasn't skateboarding, their lawyer is bound to bring it up as an example of the property owner not exercising due diligence in making the property safe. Or it could land them in trouble with the city, depending on whether any bylaws are being infringed. Or they have to deal with complaints about noise, loitering, etc. from neighbours.

Even if it's public property, the city is subject to the same laws as anyone else, they pay insurance premiums and they can get sued. Indeed, cities and other corporate property owners are more likely to get sued, because of the perception that it's easier for them to just settle and get it out of the way than devote resources to fighting an injury suit in court.

Skateboarding -- or at least trick skateboarding -- belongs either at home, or at a facility that is properly zoned and insured for the activity.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:14:44 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »

People who get aggressive or pushy because they 'read' understatement and politeness as weakness. In person or on the phone or yes, even online.

Most times I am trying to keep things civil because I simply do not consider it either appropriate or worth it to argue.  People who know me know that the quieter I get in certain conversations, the closer someone is to dismemberment and death.  Pushing me at that point is courting an explosion.  This blindsides aggressive types every time.  They see reticence as incipient capitulation. If they insist on persuing it, I cannot say they did not have it coming! I hate being put in that situation when I have done my best to head it off.  I generally just dislike pushy people anyway, but it is worse when they assume their own superiority and 'go for the win'.  I make 1200# animals mind their manners on a daily basis...why would I take it from some two-legged idiot?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »

I make 1200# animals mind their manners on a daily basis...why would I take it from some two-legged idiot?
BounceGiggle

Good for you!

On a side note, I like most animals much more than I like most people.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #619 on: October 19, 2010, 01:39:34 PM »

now this doesn't apply to me, but cuckolds Hatred. It really ticks me off, unless the guy is an a***ole, but the lady then becomes a big a***ole as well. This is also one of the reasons of Suicides/homicides, sometimes even for money!  Hatred not only does give the guy the big f**k YOU, but it also can lead the guy to kill the ex and the other guy- one of my grand uncles got jailed for killing his ex and her boyfriend. Either the guy gets killed, degraded, or the ex and boyfriend/ new husband gets killed or their souls goes to Hell.

yeah no.
3mnkids

« Reply #620 on: October 19, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »

now this doesn't apply to me, but cuckolds Hatred. It really ticks me off, unless the guy is an a***ole, but the lady then becomes a big a***ole as well. This is also one of the reasons of Suicides/homicides, sometimes even for money!  Hatred not only does give the guy the big f**k YOU, but it also can lead the guy to kill the ex and the other guy- one of my grand uncles got jailed for killing his ex and her boyfriend. Either the guy gets killed, degraded, or the ex and boyfriend/ new husband gets killed or their souls goes to Hell.

I had to google cuckold.   Question

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #621 on: October 19, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

I had to google cuckold.   Question

yup, it's weird what I learned 2 years ago in Stage-Craft TeddyR

yeah no.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #622 on: October 19, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »

now this doesn't apply to me, but cuckolds Hatred. It really ticks me off, unless the guy is an a***ole, but the lady then becomes a big a***ole as well. This is also one of the reasons of Suicides/homicides, sometimes even for money!  Hatred not only does give the guy the big f**k YOU, but it also can lead the guy to kill the ex and the other guy- one of my grand uncles got jailed for killing his ex and her boyfriend. Either the guy gets killed, degraded, or the ex and boyfriend/ new husband gets killed or their souls goes to Hell.

Cheating on the part of either member. Male or female, it's just not right. If someone cheats on you, it'd be wise to get out of that relationship. They've just demonstrated that they don't hold your feelings in all that high a regard, and once a person cheats odds are they'll do it again.

If you're in it for the long haul, have a serious talk about it or try some couples' counselling since it's clear that something's not right between the two (or potentially more; I've got nothing against poly-relationships as long as it's 100% consentual) of you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:33:41 PM by The Gravekeeper » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #623 on: October 19, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »

I think that "Thou Shalt not commit adultery" was put there for a reason.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #624 on: October 20, 2010, 07:43:17 AM »

I don't think this one has been mentioned before.

I REALLY hate it when people tell about something that has already happened in the past but use the present tense to describe it.  I think the television news talking heads started this to lend an air of 'urgency' or to make listeners feel like they are part of the story, but IT IS ANNOYING.  And it's incorrect grammar.

"So, yesterday, I'm sitting in my chair and my boss walks in. His face is white and he looks like he's in shock.  His friend dies while sleeping last night.  So sad."

Arrrrggggghhhh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
BTM

« Reply #625 on: October 20, 2010, 09:15:07 AM »

I hate it when people walk in or call the hotel I work at and insist on giving me their life story before answering my simple question of, "Can I help you?"  

They're like, "Yeah, listen, I've been driving since 8 o'clock this morning, I had to make a run down to Florida and then my boss calls and wants me to go BACK up to Chicago, and it's now, what?  3am?  Man, I just can NOT make it, I really need a lay down for awhile."  

And I think, "You know, you could have just summed that up by saying, 'Yes, I need a room, please.'"

I guess they figure all the excess background detail will make me feel sympathy for them and offer a lower price.

Most of the time I guess it's not a big deal, but some nights I'm just a bit impatient and think, "Get ON with it!!"  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:40:35 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #626 on: October 20, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »

Coffee makers that advertise they are "spill free". No they are not! I pour slowly and it spills. I pour at an angle and it spills.I pour straight on and it spills.  Its going to spill no matter what, dammit.

And I thought I was the only one who had this problem ....

Hold onto your dreams ....
venomx
« Reply #627 on: October 20, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

I hate every time I turn on the radio I hear...

Daisy dukes bikinis on top!

STOP playing it over and over and over again. Thank you.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #628 on: October 20, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »

I hate it when people walk in or call the hotel I work at and insist on giving me their life story before answering my simple question of, "Can I help you?"  

They're like, "Yeah, listen, I've been driving since 8 o'clock this morning, I had to make a run down to Florida and then my boss calls and wants me to go BACK up to Chicago, and it's now, what?  3am?  Man, I just can NOT make it, I really need a lay down for awhile."  

And I think, "You know, you could have just summed that up by saying, 'Yes, I need a room, please.'"

I guess they figure all the excess background detail will make me feel sympathy for them and offer a lower price.

Most of the time I guess it's not a big deal, but some nights I'm just a bit impatient and think, "Get ON with it!!"  

Sir, you reminded me of this:
Small | Large

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #629 on: October 20, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »

Roadkill on the information superhighway who are still in the workforce.  These are the folks that don't get it and proceed to flame the computer systems not realizing they are ones that are completely clueless.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.