Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:45 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624457 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #630 on: October 20, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »

Oh man, bringing up Holy Grail just reminded me of a real gear grinder.

I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Right along with The Life of Brian. However, I can't stand watching Holy Grail with a group of people. One or two are fine, but once you get more than that, the inevitable happens. You end up hearing half the line in the movie said out loud by people in the group, most of the time before they happen.

"Yeah, jackass, I understand you've seen the movie a few times. So have I. Now shut the f**k up."

Oh, it starts innocently enough. Maybe you get a lone "bring out your dead" by one guy, which is not so bad, but then that starts the snowball, and before you know it, some dickhead is reciting the entire scene from the tall tower of Swamp Castle, which right about when I've had enough and start looking for the exit.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #631 on: October 21, 2010, 04:28:35 AM »

hi
People who win the lottery, When asked what they might do with their winnings they reply.

I don,t know,i haven,t really thought about it,but one thing i do know is that winning this huge amount of money won,t change me a bit.I will still shop for all the discounts.

"Won,t change you"!!!!!! "Still shop for discounts"!!!

W.T.F. get out of here.
I win the lottery and i am going straight to the top stores in London and having me some retail fun...

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Skull
« Reply #632 on: October 21, 2010, 06:14:43 AM »

hi
People who win the lottery, When asked what they might do with their winnings they reply.

I don,t know,i haven,t really thought about it,but one thing i do know is that winning this huge amount of money won,t change me a bit.I will still shop for all the discounts.

W.T.F. get out of here.
I win the lottery and i am going straight to the top stores in London and having me some retail fun...

lol... we all know what to do if we win millions of dollars, but it all changes when you actually win the million dollars because you want to keep it for a long, long time.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #633 on: October 21, 2010, 10:50:30 AM »

hi

W.T.F. get out of here.

Oh, I know exactly what I'd do with part of the winnings: I'd use to for pay the rest of my tuition and living expenses for the remainder of my degree. After that maybe I'd invest a little in stocks, put a few thousand toward my retirement fund, and then put the rest in a bank account to sit and accumulate some interest until I'm ready to move into something more permanent than an apartment. Nothing fun, but it'd sure be helpful.

Of course, you're more likely to be struck by lightning twice than you are to win the lottery.
Skull
« Reply #634 on: October 21, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »

Of course, you're more likely to be struck by lightning twice than you are to win the lottery.

true...

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #635 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »

Homophobia.  Yeah I'm opening a big debate but I'm just sick of it.  If a man loves a man why should anyone care as long as they're not doing anything illegal. Just like any straight couple, if they're being outlandish and obscene in public thats one thing.  However, I really have bigger fish to fry other than to care if two men are holding hands together walking down the street.   

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM

« Reply #636 on: October 21, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »

Side note related to the lottery thing.  A lot of people have this belief that the only reason rich people are rich is because they inherited their money, or have some such, but if that was truly the case, then how come most people who win the lottery end up BROKE and in massive debt usually a year or so afterwards?

Something to chew on.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #637 on: October 21, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »

Homophobia.  Yeah I'm opening a big debate but I'm just sick of it.  If a man loves a man why should anyone care as long as they're not doing anything illegal. Just like any straight couple, if they're being outlandish and obscene in public thats one thing.  However, I really have bigger fish to fry other than to care if two men are holding hands together walking down the street.   

I used to worry more about that stuff, but I seem to have gotten more liberal with regard to sexual preferences in recent years. I have to say it really makes no difference to me what people do, as long as its consensual and doesn't hurt anyone, which encompasses the majority of things couples of whatever makeup do in the privacy of their bedrooms, including the kinky stuff. To be honest, I don't think it matters what someone is into, as long as it's enjoyed discreetly and consensually (to me, informed consent excludes kids or animals), and does no lasting physical or psychological damage.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
3mnkids

« Reply #638 on: October 21, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »

Homophobia is a huge thorn in my side. Its really nice to see you post this.  Cheers   

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #639 on: October 21, 2010, 02:33:42 PM »

Side note related to the lottery thing.  A lot of people have this belief that the only reason rich people are rich is because they inherited their money, or have some such, but if that was truly the case, then how come most people who win the lottery end up BROKE and in massive debt usually a year or so afterwards?

Something to chew on.

Rich people are rich because they own income-generating assets. If I won the lottery (hypothetically, because I never play), I'd buy some rental property or an established business that someone else could manage for me. Turn some of the winnings into continuous income, then figure out a sustainable rich-guy lifestyle.

---------------------
Jim H

« Reply #640 on: October 21, 2010, 07:21:25 PM »

Something to chew on.

Probably because people who know how to invest and spend money generally don't waste it on stuff like the lottery. 
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #641 on: October 22, 2010, 12:30:01 PM »

Most of the artwork that's popular on deviantart really annoys me.

For starters: I know that I'm not that great of an artist (although I'm getting better) and that none of my stuff is gonna wind up on the front page. As long as my friends like my art, I'm happy.

My problem is with the overpopulation of anime geeks on devianart. Now, I personally think anime is extremely overrated, and find alot (but not everyone) of the fans to be pretty freakish and obsessive.

Every time you look at what's popular on the front page, nine times out of ten there'll be anime. Most of it isn't really that great (though I admit that there have been few good ones). What really drives me insane is that you can work your ass off trying to make good artwork and it'll only get, at most, two hundred or so views. If you draw anime, it doesn't matter how s**tty it looks because you can guarantee that it'll get over a thousand views and a couple of hundred faves. It's not fair to the other artists who put REAL effort in their works.  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Many a time I've found portraits/paintings/etc that were amazing. When looking at it's popularity, it's usually disappointingly low. It's also happened were I come across some really poorly drawn anime that has high popularity and tons of fans praising its "cute" (*bleeeccchh*) factor.

It may be minor to some, but this is really p**sing me off.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #642 on: October 22, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »

Something to chew on.

Probably because people who know how to invest and spend money generally don't waste it on stuff like the lottery. 

I've known a few wealthy people, and although they have a lot of nice things that obviously cost money, they tend to be penny pinchers in their day-to-day lives.

---------------------
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #643 on: October 22, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »

Something to chew on.

I've known a few wealthy people, and although they have a lot of nice things that obviously cost money, they tend to be penny pinchers in their day-to-day lives.

I had a teacher who was slightly rich (he didn't teach for money) and he said the cheapest people on Earth are rich people and that's why they stay so rich.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #644 on: October 22, 2010, 01:21:40 PM »

Something to chew on.

I would agree with that. When I worked in sales, the rich customers were the biggest grinders on price.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.