Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:40:54 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624710 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #705 on: November 08, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »

Ulthar, I know exactly what you're talking about. Nothing bothers me more than some sourpuss who gets annoyed by kids just for being kids. And it's all the worse at church, where everybody talks about how much they want more young families and kids coming out, then act like a***oles to the ones who do. That stuffy old church attitude doesn't fly the way it did when more people considered church a compulsory activity, and generally stayed in the church they grew up in. Nowadays, it has to be welcoming and relaxed and tolerant, which most people understand. There's just always some old bat who ruins it because she honestly doesn't get that she's doing anything wrong.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #706 on: November 08, 2010, 12:41:41 PM »

Ulthar, I know exactly what you're talking about. Nothing bothers me more than some sourpuss who gets annoyed by kids just for being kids. And it's all the worse at church, where everybody talks about how much they want more young families and kids coming out, then act like a***oles to the ones who do. That stuffy old church attitude doesn't fly the way it did when more people considered church a compulsory activity, and generally stayed in the church they grew up in. Nowadays, it has to be welcoming and relaxed and tolerant, which most people understand. There's just always some old bat who ruins it because she honestly doesn't get that she's doing anything wrong.
One of my unfond memories was going to church one day when I was around 10 with my neighbor's.   They had a daughter my age I used to hang around with.   I don't recall acting out of the ordinary except maybe talking with her here and there tops twice.  Boy did I get a lecture from her grandmother about how at church you can't act like that in church blah blah blah.  It p!sses me off when I think of it today. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #707 on: November 08, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »

I hate how it seems like everytime I call the clinic I go to to make an appointment with my doctor, I can never get anyone to answer the damn phone.  Either it'll ring about a dozen times or it'll immediately give me a "all attendants are busy, please try again later" message. 

Sometimes I think about using the automated system to call another department and ask them if THEY can check to make sure someone's actually at the front desk! 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #708 on: November 09, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »

Superhero parodies. Yes, there are many inherently silly things about people with superpowers running around in spandex and probably causing more property damage than the people they're fighting generally do, BUT superhero parodies are a dime-a-dozen these days. Most of the jokes have been made, so new parodies really don't contribute anything (after all, a successful parody tends to make a point about the source material).

Why not move on to other genres? Those depressing movies tailored to win Oscars are getting a bit high on themselves if you ask me.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #709 on: November 09, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »

Superhero parodies. Yes, there are many inherently silly things about people with superpowers running around in spandex and probably causing more property damage than the people they're fighting generally do, BUT superhero parodies are a dime-a-dozen these days. Most of the jokes have been made, so new parodies really don't contribute anything (after all, a successful parody tends to make a point about the source material).

Why not move on to other genres? Those depressing movies tailored to win Oscars are getting a bit high on themselves if you ask me.

That's a good point. Parodies mostly seem to poke fun at the kind of genre pictures their target audience likes best - horror, sci-fi, action, thrillers. But there is a lot of untapped comic potential in letting the air out of the supposedly "important" movies.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #710 on: November 09, 2010, 01:21:54 PM »

Hah, yeah. A parody of Million Dollar Baby. I'm on board.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
3mnkids

« Reply #711 on: November 09, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

Being asked everyday via email if I want a bigger penis.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #712 on: November 09, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »

I would hook up with you if you did...um...I...um...didn't mean to say that.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #713 on: November 09, 2010, 07:05:33 PM »

every new parody movie is all about dick jokes, dumb blondes, alcohol/drugs, etc..... there's no more any creativity. Thumbdown Bluesad

yeah no.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #714 on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:07 PM »

Windows Vista.

Thats grinding my gears at the moment. With all the updates my computer is working slower than ever.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #715 on: November 09, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »

I would hook up with you if you did...um...I...um...didn't mean to say that.   Bluesad

Darksider...3mnkids....is there *cough* room for another...?  Question

Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #716 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »

That's a good point. Parodies mostly seem to poke fun at the kind of genre pictures their target audience likes best - horror, sci-fi, action, thrillers. But there is a lot of untapped comic potential in letting the air out of the supposedly "important" movies.
I think parody movies have run their course. Sure the Scary Movies were fun for the first few but now all of these parodies have collapsed on each other to the point of it just being stupid and not funny.  I say save the satire for Mad Magazine who has done it right for many many years.  

Hah, yeah. A parody of Million Dollar Baby. I'm on board.
They did a mini parody of that in Scary Movie 4 I think.

DarkSider's Realm

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #717 on: November 09, 2010, 08:03:58 PM »

Darksider...3mnkids....is there *cough* room for another...?  Question

Wink
Only if you respond to those spam ads too Doggy.

DarkSider's Realm

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #718 on: November 09, 2010, 11:55:08 PM »

I think parody movies have run their course. Sure the Scary Movies were fun for the first few but now all of these parodies have collapsed on each other to the point of it just being stupid and not funny.  I say save the satire for Mad Magazine who has done it right for many many years.  

Now, now. Those people aren't the only ones who do satire in movies these days (although what they do can hardly be called satire; more like saying "this is a thing that happened! Remember that? Now laugh!"). Pixar still does some, although they tend to avoid doing movies that focus on them (eg- WALL-E did poke fun at consumerism while underlining how serious the subject is).

However, we do need some more serious works. We know the flaws in fantasy, sci-fi, etc, so it's high time we go about fixing them. Otherwise we're going to end up not really knowing exactly what we're poking fun at anymore.
claws
« Reply #719 on: November 10, 2010, 12:29:36 AM »

People posting updates on forums about movies they are watching. Just happened at two other forums:

"I'm halfway through this film and it's sooo boring"

"This film is great, ten more minutes to go!"

I hate that. Either take your time to watch the damn movie or turn it off.

Let me update that:

People with flakey movie opinions you never cared about posting their thoughts on (obviously downloaded) new movies (while obviously watching them on their pc). And b***h about how bad the movies are.
Annoying trend that still continues  Bluesad

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:35:22 AM by claws » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.