Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:00:25 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624469 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1965 on: September 19, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »

Folks on bicycles that don't think any traffic laws apply to them and that they have the right of way no matter what. I nearly creamed some old guy on my way to work today and he looked at me like I was in the wrong. I give bicycle and motorcycle riders respect and space on the road but it goes both ways.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1966 on: September 19, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »

Folks on bicycles that don't think any traffic laws apply to them and that they have the right of way no matter what. I nearly creamed some old guy on my way to work today and he looked at me like I was in the wrong. I give bicycle and motorcycle riders respect and space on the road but it goes both ways.
Applies to cabbies as well. Seriously, yesterday I almost got into an accident with one who almost ran down a pedestrian! Buggedout Hatred

yeah no.
66Crush
« Reply #1967 on: September 19, 2012, 11:11:38 PM »

I agree. If your vehicle can't travel at least 55 mph, stay off the road.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1968 on: September 20, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »

Unfortunately, on both roads and trails it has been my experience that cyclists are the rudest and most arrogant users out there.  Hatred   My husband tells me the attitude arises from being on the defensive all the time: I don't care.  I am on a horse and have to be defensively aware 100% of the time too.  That does not make ME ride dangerously, like I OWN the road/trail, put others at risk or use offensive language at those sharing the road: all of which cyclists seem to think they can do with impunity.  The polite and considerate/sensible ones stand out as the exception!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:18:53 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1969 on: September 20, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »

True True.  I see a lot of bicyclists around my in-laws and most obey the rules.  Some don't know or care and then they see my big Avalanche and they move.   BounceGiggle

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1970 on: September 28, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »

Telemarketers.  I could handle them calling up and trying to sell me something when I answer the phone.  Even though we're on the "Do Not Call" list and they should get a $1,000 fine for that.  Oh, but that wouldn't be nearly annoying enough.  You know what those f***ers do?  They have their computer automatically dial a bunch of phone numbers at once, and then they talk to the first person who answers and hang up on everybody else.  I've got some SOB who called up here every damned evening for two months right while we were eating dinner and there was never anybody there.  I knew it was the same guy because it tells where they're calling from on the caller ID.  Finally there was actually "somebody" there - a computer reading me off some long spiel about insurance.

Or yesterday I had some "wireless caller" guy hang up before I could answer.  Today he calls back wanting to talk to me about my state senator.  GRRRRR.

It's absolutely astonishing to me the despicable practices these people follow and then STILL think you'll be happy to give them money.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1971 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »

Telemarketers.  I could handle them calling up and trying to sell me something when I answer the phone.  Even though we're on the "Do Not Call" list and they should get a $1,000 fine for that.  Oh, but that wouldn't be nearly annoying enough.  You know what those f***ers do?  They have their computer automatically dial a bunch of phone numbers at once, and then they talk to the first person who answers and hang up on everybody else.

Is that what those calls are? I've wondered what the point of that was - calling people up just to leave them with dead air.

The variation I find most offensive is when the computer auto-dials people and puts them on hold while it rings through to somebody on the other end. The nerve of them. Calling somebody up and sticking him in the position of calling them.

Lately, I've just stopped answering any long-distance calls that don't show a name or number I recognize. If it's important, they'll leave a message. If it's a telemarketing call, they won't bother. If I get a recorded spiel, I can just skip over it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1972 on: September 29, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »

The variation I find most offensive is when the computer auto-dials people and puts them on hold while it rings through to somebody on the other end. The nerve of them. Calling somebody up and sticking him in the position of calling them.

OOH!  This one!  SO offensive!   Hatred

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1973 on: September 29, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

People who play online card games and take up to the last  second to mak their move.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1974 on: October 02, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »

I just got back from a job fair. The best way to describe it is an organized mess. Another, and funnier way to describe it was like people were mice in a maze looking for a piece of cheese. Some companies that were supposed to be there had a booth, but no one to talk to and simply had a place to place your resume in. A ton of them had people there not really explaining what the company is or what positions are available, making it impossible for me to indicate on the application what position I'm applying for.

Strangely enough one company wanted the address of my high school. I graduated from there in 2001. How am I supposed to retain that information? At least that application I could mail to the company and it's totally the company I'd like to be working in, although the position sucks eggs.

Also I've been up since 3:30 this morning.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:07:14 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #1975 on: October 03, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »

Children with no respect,no manners and no sense of how to treat others. They just bumble through life with their faces stuck in their cell phones,expecting everything and wanting to do nothing for it.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #1976 on: October 05, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »

I'm filling out a job application I picked up at the job fair I mentioned I went to a few days ago.  the company wants the phone numbers for places I previously worked. One of the places doesn't exist anymore, thus no phone number.

I ran into a personal first later in the application: the company wants addresses of those I'm listing listing as the three mandatory references, normally they just want their contact info.

I'm thinking just of throwing the application in the trash.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #1977 on: October 16, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »

I've been really itchy since I took a shower earlier. Lotion isn't helping.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1978 on: October 18, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »

Digital cameras.  That damned TV screen on the back.  For one thing, with a regular old viewfinder you rested the camera against your head, which provided a solid and somewhat stable foundation in case the light was low and you needed to take a longer exposure.  With that stinkin' screen, you have to hold the camera out in midair where it's got no support, which leads to more blurry photographs.  And good luck even seeing that thing if you're in direct sunlight. 

But my favorite part - that freakin' screen must use a thousand times as much battery power as the camera itself.  Well I'm not sure if it's 1,000, I just made that up, but I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more.  So the one time you need to take a picture of something right this minute - dead battery.  Grrr... 

And would it freakin' kill them to put a simple arrow on the battery cover so you know which way to slide it to remove it?  Apparently it would.  Just looking at the battery cover on my camera, which is about 1 1/4" X 3/4", here's what's on it: 

• Tiny printing saying "card battery" with a square next to it.  It's uses 2 AA batteries.  "card battery"?  WTF? 
    A picture of 3 lines with a circle around them. 
    A picture of a half-circle. 
    A picture of a half-circle with a line through it. 
    A picture of some microscopic object with an "X" through it. 
    An "F" followed by a circle with a microscopic picture of something in it. 
    Some circle with a microscopic word under it. 
    The battery cover release switch. 
    A tiny arrow pointing up and to the right, aiming towards what looks like a picture of a PacMan.

Just a simple arrow with the word "open" under it.  Yeah, that would be too damned simple.   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1979 on: October 18, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »

Digital cameras.  That damned TV screen on the back.  For one thing, with a regular old viewfinder you rested the camera against your head, which provided a solid and somewhat stable foundation in case the light was low and you needed to take a longer exposure.  With that stinkin' screen, you have to hold the camera out in midair where it's got no support, which leads to more blurry photographs.  And good luck even seeing that thing if you're in direct sunlight. 

I actually like the screen. I just find that I can get a better idea of what the photo will look like with the screen, and if I'm out in a park or somewhere with some risks, I like being able to keep my full field of vision when I take a photo. That said, yeah, the screen is terrible for night shoots. Hence why I change the settings so I can look through the viewfinder.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.