Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:05:41 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 619882 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2055 on: March 04, 2013, 09:55:24 PM »

Factor in the service fees (Room service, meals, etc.) and you're looking somewhere in the high hundreds for a single night.

yeah no.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2056 on: March 04, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »

Factor in the service fees (Room service, meals, etc.) and you're looking somewhere in the high hundreds for a single night.

No one has to order room service.

Do you REALLY think income taxes are better than consumption taxes?  Have you ever actually studied economics?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2057 on: March 04, 2013, 11:46:29 PM »

Studying economics was one of the hardest things to comprehend, mainly since it seemed to be made up.

A comfort Inn in the French Quarter/ Downtown starts at 159.00 per night, would cost you  $206.70 per night.

Also, since there wouldn't be any income tax, his income would rise to higher levels. Basically, to put it into current terms, he's filling up his pockets even more.

One more thing, How can the poor buy stuff then?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:13:33 AM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2058 on: March 07, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »

Trying to switch from one e-mail service to another; Yahoo has been acting up lately-just recently I discovered that I cannot forward to multiple addresses anymore. I decided that was that, and switched to Gmail.

This started up a whole new can of worms....not only can't I send multiple forwards from Gmail either, but I somehow wound up with a ghost account that I had to delete (TWICE!), which temporarily deleted my blog, and raised all kinds of sand with YouTube, WordPress, and a few other places. Also, it deleted half my address book, and I had to switch between Gmail and Yahoo to restore the addresses.

SHEESH!

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2059 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »

Whoever came up with the idea of keyboard shortcuts really needs to be flogged.  I just accidentally pressed some damned button near the bottom of the keyboard while I was typing.  Browser closed, post lost  Lookingup  Oh for f***'s sake.  There's already 12 freakin' function keys at the top of the keyboard that nobody ever uses for anything, how about you use those for your damned shortcuts?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ChaosTheory

« Reply #2060 on: March 10, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

Whoever came up with the idea of keyboard shortcuts really needs to be flogged.  I just accidentally pressed some damned button near the bottom of the keyboard while I was typing.  Browser closed, post lost  Lookingup  Oh for f***'s sake.  There's already 12 freakin' function keys at the top of the keyboard that nobody ever uses for anything, how about you use those for your damned shortcuts?

This.  This so much.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2061 on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:46 AM »

In a wanted ad I came across a listing for someone looking to hire multiple people to do this or that for a blog. The person hiring wants people applying for the positions to first check out the blog to see if it's a good match.

The web address of the blog isn't listed anywhere in the ad.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2062 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:51 AM »

Persons digging up 7 year old threads, repeatedly, to find a new reason to knock WyreWizard.  Why prove his point?   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2063 on: April 11, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »

I got a prescription last Thursday as I always do at the start of each month. I went to Walgreens to get it taken care of per usual and they didn't have it in stock but said that if I waited until April 9th they'd have it in. April 9th came and it still wasn't in.  All the pharmacies in town do not have it in stock. There's a back order where the the medication from the place it comes from.

I have no idea when I'm going to get my medication.

The pills help me with my memory among other things. I've already forgot about at least one important thing as a result.

I'm beyond p**sed at this point.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2064 on: April 13, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »

"metal" fans that rave about Tarja Turunen as the best lady metal vocalist-
This is her:

And this is me after listening to her:

She is one of the MOST BORING vocalist that I have ever heard in my life.

yeah no.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2065 on: April 13, 2013, 12:52:33 PM »

THese commercials....I want to probe his prostate with a cattle prod, and give him fits....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2066 on: April 18, 2013, 10:54:31 AM »

I got a prescription last Thursday as I always do at the start of each month. I went to Walgreens to get it taken care of per usual and they didn't have it in stock but said that if I waited until April 9th they'd have it in. April 9th came and it still wasn't in.  All the pharmacies in town do not have it in stock. There's a back order where the the medication from the place it comes from.

I have no idea when I'm going to get my medication.

The pills help me with my memory among other things. I've already forgot about at least one important thing as a result.

I'm beyond p**sed at this point.

I'm still waiting on this.  Hatred Hatred Hatred

Gst0395
« Reply #2067 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »

First post on this topic. Film snobs on IMDb grind my gears, the kind of users who hate all critically acclaimed blockbusters and leave them 1-star reviews saying stuff like "overrated", "don't believe the hype", "why do people like this?" or "worst movie ever". Ha, worst movie ever? They should take a good look around this site and maybe they'll eat those words up. If a movie is overrated to some, then wouldn't a 4/10 or 6/10 would be a bit more reasonable instead of a 1/10? That rating would indicate that the movie is poorly made in all departments. Don't get me wrong, I'm can easily respect opinions but why are these people so negative and state their opinions as facts? They're so stuck up and always act like anyone who doesn't agree with them is an idiot. They give movie fans a bad name imo.

If you don't understand my point, check out the 2nd page on the "Best Reviews" section of any popular mainstream film released in the last 5 or so years.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2068 on: April 19, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »

First post on this topic. Film snobs on IMDb grind my gears, the kind of users who hate all critically acclaimed blockbusters and leave them 1-star reviews saying stuff like "overrated", "don't believe the hype", "why do people like this?" or "worst movie ever". Ha, worst movie ever? They should take a good look around this site and maybe they'll eat those words up. If a movie is overrated to some, then wouldn't a 4/10 or 6/10 would be a bit more reasonable instead of a 1/10? That rating would indicate that the movie is poorly made in all departments. Don't get me wrong, I'm can easily respect opinions but why are these people so negative and state their opinions as facts? They're so stuck up and always act like anyone who doesn't agree with them is an idiot. They give movie fans a bad name imo.

If you don't understand my point, check out the 2nd page on the "Best Reviews" section of any popular mainstream film released in the last 5 or so years.

I agree, those people annoy me too, but I don't think they're "film snobs." Many of them are trolls. The rest are dumb guys.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2069 on: April 26, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »

I'm still waiting on my medication.   Hatred

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.