Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:45:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 620016 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2145 on: June 26, 2013, 01:21:51 PM »

Right now, I am extremely ticked at the U.S. Supreme Court.
Modernizing the times does that.

You call it modernizing, I call it another swing of the wrecking ball at the proud edifice that was once Western Civilization.  Five thousand years of history and practice count for nothing.  Think about this: if marriage is only defined by "love" - a hopelessly indefinable term - then why can't every single argument used to support gay marriage now be used to support polygamy, pedophile marriage, necrophilia marriage, and pet marriage?  Today five justices of the Supreme Court fundamentally altered our societal DNA in a way no culture has ever done prior to the 21st Century.  Marriage now has no meaning, and states essentially have no rights.  You can celebrate it as a victory for equality, but I see it as another giant leap towards the complete unraveling of society as a whole.  Civilizations crumbe when the family is undermined, and America has launched itself on a downhill slope with great enthusiasm.

You sir, are supporting a fallacy (hasty generalization), You are saying that supporters of gay marriage will support necrophilia, pedophilia, pet marriage? A does NOT equal B, it's not a domino effect. Some people live by that book, fine, but what business of it is your to interfere with other people lives? This wrecking ball is nothing more than blind hatred, some people can see through it, others either can and ignore it or just can't see. Marriage is love between two people, be it man & woman or man & man and Woman & woman, you can't change that. If anything, religion has crumbled the world from fear. Marriage has no rights? Laws and love are two separate things, there's no guidelines for love. But wait, what about necrophilia, pedophilia, pet marriage? Sir, if you are an archaeologist, then you are one fourth of an anthropologist. Don't get mixed up with cultural anthropology with archaeology, some cultures have different ways of life than the European way. However, most of them respect the dead, as necrophilia is more of a psychological thing. Pedophilia is the child being abused, pet marriage is well, some of the state's has no law against bestiality, so it is legal to have sex with a horse. Like I said, it's called modernizing the times, some people, like myself, embraces it. Others, as you have shown, aren't ready for it. whether or not, modernization isn't stopping for anyone, so you just have to get used to it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:44:25 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2146 on: June 26, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »

Right now, I am extremely ticked at the U.S. Supreme Court.
Modernizing the times does that.

You call it modernizing, I call it another swing of the wrecking ball at the proud edifice that was once Western Civilization.  Five thousand years of history and practice count for nothing.  Think about this: if marriage is only defined by "love" - a hopelessly indefinable term - then why can't every single argument used to support gay marriage now be used to support polygamy, pedophile marriage, necrophilia marriage, and pet marriage?  Today five justices of the Supreme Court fundamentally altered our societal DNA in a way no culture has ever done prior to the 21st Century.  Marriage now has no meaning, and states essentially have no rights.  You can celebrate it as a victory for equality, but I see it as another giant leap towards the complete unraveling of society as a whole.  Civilizations crumbe when the family is undermined, and America has launched itself on a downhill slope with great enthusiasm.

You sir, are completely stupid, you are supporting a fallacy (hasty generalization), You are saying that supporters of gay marriage will support necrophilia, pedophilia, pet marriage? A does NOT equal B, it's not a domino effect. Some people live by that book, fine, but what business of it is your to interfere with other people lives? This wrecking ball is nothing more than blind hatred, some people can see through it, others either can and ignore it or just can't see. Marriage is love between two people, be it man & woman or man & man and Woman & woman, you can't change that. If anything, religion has crumbled the world from fear. Marriage has no rights? Laws and love are two separate things, there's no guidelines for love. But wait, what about necrophilia, pedophilia, pet marriage? Sir, if you are an archaeologist, then you are one fourth of an anthropologist. Don't get mixed up with cultural anthropology with archaeology, some cultures have different ways of life than the European way. However, most of them respect the dead, as necrophilia is more of a psychological thing. Pedophilia is the child being abused, pet marriage is well, some of the state's has no law against bestiality, so it is legal to have sex with a horse. Like I said, it's called modernizing the times, some people, like myself, embraces it. Others, as you have shown, aren't ready for it. whether or not, modernization isn't stopping for anyone, so you just have to get used to it.

El Misfit, when you are arguing on here, feel free to state your case as strongly as you like but PLEASE do not call people with whom you disagree "completely stupid."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2147 on: June 26, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »

When you pull a 4.0 in grad school you can call me stupid!
You completely misread my post.
I did NOT say that supporters of gay marriage will support the legalization and court-ordered equality of every other kind of perversion.  What I did say is that those who DO support the court-ordered legalization and equality of deviant sexual behaviors will use the SAME ARGUMENTS that were used to propagandize gay marriage.  That is a completely different statement than the one you put in my mouth.
  "Marriage is love between two people."  According to who? Since when?
  Five thousand years of human history have shown that heterosexual marriage is the most practical, efficient, and ethical way for societies to insure their continuation.  Man-woman marriage is enshrined by virtually every religion that has ever existed, every government that has ever existed, and virtually every culture that has ever existed.  Only in the last 30 years has this alternative been seriously proposed.
  I didn't say marriage has no rights.  What I said was that, thanks to this ruling, it now has no set definition - if it is, as you said, nothing more than "Love between two people" -first of all, why two?  Secondly, why only between people?  The courts have effectively destroyed the oldest social institution in the world and left no clear guidelines as to what it is to be replaced with.    You call it modernization, I call it another act of societal suicide. This thread is about things that anger us, and this ruling angered me, so I vented here.   Sorry you don't like my opinion - I don't really care for yours either.  BUT I DID NOT CALL YOU STUPID!  I think that was a cheap and unnecessary shot.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2148 on: June 26, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »

And I see that it has now been removed.  Thank you.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2149 on: June 26, 2013, 01:53:43 PM »

When you pull a 4.0 in grad school you can call me stupid!
You completely misread my post.
I did NOT say that supporters of gay marriage will support the legalization and court-ordered equality of every other kind of perversion.  What I did say is that those who DO support the court-ordered legalization and equality of deviant sexual behaviors will use the SAME ARGUMENTS that were used to propagandize gay marriage.  That is a completely different statement than the one you put in my mouth.
  "Marriage is love between two people."  According to who? Since when?
  Five thousand years of human history have shown that heterosexual marriage is the most practical, efficient, and ethical way for societies to insure their continuation.  Man-woman marriage is enshrined by virtually every religion that has ever existed, every government that has ever existed, and virtually every culture that has ever existed.  Only in the last 30 years has this alternative been seriously proposed.
  I didn't say marriage has no rights.  What I said was that, thanks to this ruling, it now has no set definition - if it is, as you said, nothing more than "Love between two people" -first of all, why two?  Secondly, why only between people?  The courts have effectively destroyed the oldest social institution in the world and left no clear guidelines as to what it is to be replaced with.    You call it modernization, I call it another act of societal suicide. This thread is about things that anger us, and this ruling angered me, so I vented here.   Sorry you don't like my opinion - I don't really care for yours either.  BUT I DID NOT CALL YOU STUPID!  I think that was a cheap and unnecessary shot.

I was extremely p**sed off there, fine. I'm sorry. it's just that when I see people complaining about something that A=B, which would cause the world to explode, i get very angry because they act so damn over the top that logic goes out the window because of a tweak on society has changed. I have met people who truly believe that God will thunder kill us. I vented because someone I saw today didn't let me say why I think that he was wrong, he kept interrupting me, making me more tensed up and I took it out on you. I'm sorry that I did that. Looking back, I was fool, because when we are angry, we make irrational choices and word choices, and shown above, I was an idiot for doing that.

yeah no.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2150 on: June 26, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »

What really p**sed me off was that this guy called me a Satan lover.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2151 on: June 26, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

For most of his career that was true.  But he did marry Eva Braun the night before they committed suicide together.
I know, but in this context, he didn't.  It was real good for him to blow his brains out. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2152 on: June 26, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »

You mean you and Satan aren't cozy?   Buggedout
Dude . . . I thought I knew you!!!! TeddyR

Apology accepted, and I do respect your point of view even though I disagree.

Tell old man Splitfoot I said Hi!

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2153 on: June 27, 2013, 01:35:24 AM »

You should have told him that you only like Satan as a friend. 
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2154 on: June 27, 2013, 06:07:23 AM »

What really grinds my gears: being forced to stand by, feeling utterly unable to help in a dire situation.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2155 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »

What really grinds my gears: being forced to stand by, feeling utterly unable to help in a dire situation.

Having just read the Sister Grace thread, I utterly and totally agree.

Within the last two weeks:

A lady (a Mom of three young boys) I knew died very unexpectedly of a heart attack.  She was younger than I am.

Another lady, my wife knows a relative of hers, was out running.  She was hit by a drunk driver and killed. 

All the time...these things come out of nowhere and those feelings of "hopelessness" and "helplessness" raise their heads.  We try to find some small way we CAN help...somehow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2156 on: June 27, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »

That's exactly how I felt on 11 September 2001 and also on 16th May 2008.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2157 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »

You should have told him that you only like Satan as a friend. 

This guy was nutter than Mr. Peanut, I really think he was off meds.

You mean you and Satan aren't cozy?   Buggedout
Dude . . . I thought I knew you!!!! TeddyR

Only on Tuesdays man, only on Tuesdays.

yeah no.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2158 on: June 29, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »

People making wild assumptions about other people without any proof or justification. People assuming a person is a certain way just because of outer appearance, just because of certain training or perhaps lack thereof, people assuming others will feel the same as them because...well...fact is, everyone is just not the same.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2159 on: July 09, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »

Ever run into somebody that you haven't seen in a very long time and you're kind of excited to talk to them, but after about three seconds you realize that neither of you really has anything to say to the other? 
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.