Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:15:33 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624744 times)
Devostator
New Visitor

« Reply #2310 on: November 13, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »

dumb people making dumb choices really grinds my gears
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2311 on: November 13, 2014, 11:06:19 PM »

Then whatever you do, stay away from reality television!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2312 on: November 14, 2014, 12:30:39 AM »

I may not always agree with Cruz's views, but I find that a bit over the top.
I absolutely despise what Barack Obama has done to our country and to the world, but I wish him good health and a long retirement.

I wasn't serious of course. I intentionally go over the top for entertainment sake. No the Ebola joke was my crack at topical humor.

(Also if I'm not mistaken the first Ebola case in the U.S. was in Texas)

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2313 on: November 14, 2014, 07:30:24 AM »

I know - it was an hour away from me.
Can you say "ridiculous hysteria"?
They even closed my wife's school for a day because the kids of a nurse who attended the patient attended there.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2314 on: November 14, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »

They even closed my wife's school for a day because the kids of a nurse who attended the patient attended there.

It was pretty pointless. There were very few cases but people were freaking out like the black plague was back or something.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2315 on: November 15, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »

There were very few cases but people were freaking out like the black plague was back or something.

Question  Tell that to the people in Africa.

It's called containment.  It ALWAYS looks extreme when it works.  If it doesn't work...the masses are screaming for someone's head.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:47:58 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2316 on: November 15, 2014, 09:53:23 AM »

Even in the countries where the pandemic is currently raging, the contagion rate is not huge.
The mortality is way less than one per cent of the population.  AIDS and malaria kill far more.
It's the awful, grisly nature of Ebola that makes it so horrifying and causes the panic, IMO.

As far as actual fear - a lethal mutation of the flu, a la 1918, has the potential to kill tens of millions, possibly
hundreds of millions, every year.  We've dodged the bullet for almost a century, but nearly every epidemiologist
says it will happen again.

Now THAT's scary!!! Buggedout

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2317 on: November 15, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »

As far as actual fear - a lethal mutation of the flu, a la 1918, has the potential to kill tens of millions, possibly
hundreds of millions, every year.  We've dodged the bullet for almost a century, but nearly every epidemiologist
says it will happen again.

Now THAT's scary!!! Buggedout

Hence flu shots.  The flu virus is always mutating.  They track the 'current' strains of the flu around the world in a pattern - over the course of a year or two - and prepare the shots based on what strain is due to arrive 'here' in the current season.  Couple that with some common-sense personal precautions.  Not foolproof, but it has proven fairly effective at limiting outbreaks and reducing deaths.  With modern protocols in place, a pandemic like 1918 would not spread to anything near the same extent - provided people follow those protocols and don't shrug them off as being an overreaction.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2318 on: November 15, 2014, 07:37:07 PM »

Have you ever read THE GREAT INFLUENZA by John Barry?  An incredibly clinical, detailed, and terrifying account of the 1918 flu.

Jim H

« Reply #2319 on: November 16, 2014, 12:17:14 PM »

The stupidest thing has been reading the conspiracy nutjobs people talk about it.  They were saying how it would spread here assisted by the government, the CDC would institute quarantines, everyone would die in the quarantine zones, and the government would use this to somehow consolidate control?  I don't know.  They've pretty much shut up about it now that ZERO people have it here...
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2320 on: November 16, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »

I put that in the same category with those who say that the Obama administration orchestrates school shootings so that they can take away our guns.

In short, these people are idiots.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2321 on: November 24, 2014, 07:24:46 PM »

Political ads that always play when my music teacher wants to show us a documentary or songs on youtube., EVERY. SINGLE. f**kING. TIME. and it's for the same clown with multiple commercials, whereas the other person doesn't have it on Youtube.

yeah no.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2322 on: November 26, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »

Political ads that always play when my music teacher wants to show us a documentary or songs on youtube., EVERY. SINGLE. f**kING. TIME. and it's for the same clown with multiple commercials, whereas the other person doesn't have it on Youtube.

ergh no adblock, I don't understand how people are alive on the internet without it. I'd call it a "bare minimum" on the browser setup front

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #2323 on: November 27, 2014, 02:58:34 AM »

People who only call you when they need something or want you to do stuff for them.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2324 on: November 27, 2014, 08:54:59 AM »

There is a guy who visited my church one time and has called me about ten times now asking for money.  It's getting a little old.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.