Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:45:57 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 624727 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2385 on: May 19, 2015, 07:28:30 PM »

What's grinding my gears lately are producers/directors who have an idea in their head for footage which I am supposed to cut for them as the editor, but they actually don't have the footage they think they have. 'Give me this moment' is really hard when you didn't shoot it guys come on; there's a reason I selected this cut...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2386 on: May 20, 2015, 03:01:55 PM »

For reasons I still don't understand one of my uncles told me what I'm getting for Christmas.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2387 on: May 22, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »

Webpages that have so many ads that they actually crash the browser or are unusable. This is a double whammy: it offends me as a web surfer, and it offends me as a webpage designer.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2388 on: May 23, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »

Alan, sounds like you're experiencing "future shock". I feel like that sometimes as well like everything just moves too fast and I want to slow everything and everybody down. Something that really annoys me though is everybody in a crowded place constantly looking at and texting on their phones and almost nobody talking to anyone else...

Jase, perhaps you're onto something....there's so much of this stuff that I don't only don't know, I don't WANNA know, don't even want the commercials about it on my tv. All that texting, tweeting, etc. bugs me too, especially when you hear about some kid who literally gets Facebooked to death; that should be some sort of crime.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2389 on: August 08, 2015, 01:38:34 PM »

People who watch old movies and then get offended by the fact that they're not politically correct.  Can anyone really be so friggin' ignorant that they don't know political correctness didn't exists back then?  They're the same people who preach diversity like it's their religion but then somebody from another country posts on their message board and they all demand he be banned for being misogynistic - which is perfectly normal behavior in his country.  Poor guy's head must be spinning wondering why the hell he can't post any more.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:30:08 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2390 on: August 13, 2015, 01:13:57 AM »

People who watch old movies and then get offended by the fact that they're not politically correct.  Can anyone really be so friggin' ignorant that they don't know political correctness didn't exists back then?  

I get a few complaints like this: some of the movies we have here in the archives are so unPC that they make your eyes bleed so I always draw attention to the fact that these films were made in a time - in this case, apartheid era South Africa - where there was SBA political correctness.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2391 on: August 13, 2015, 01:58:50 AM »

When my work email is down: in this case, since last Thursday, I tend to go

At least most of my regular clients have my Hotmail address.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #2392 on: August 14, 2015, 01:01:55 PM »

You know what grinds my gears? The fact that it's so damn difficult to find a job these days thanks to our crappy economy.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2393 on: October 08, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »

I was called in yesterday to cover for someone and said yes, cuz yay money. Little did I know that the person whose hours I took was arrested and my boss had to reschedule hours for the entire staff. I didn't know this and came in today as scheduled to find the new schedule and wasn't scheduled, but he said he'd keep me there for 3 hours since things got busy. They never stopped being busy and I got home 30 minutes ago. Additionally my nice easy hours Saturday  morning got switched to 4-10 PM.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #2394 on: October 09, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »

* People who ruin the planet over money, polluting the place, stupid mistakes, building cheap houses, laziness, or storing destructive materials, or destroy Earth by mining for unneeded materials (destroy the Grand Canyon for uranium, really?): Be glad you live on this planet, and that it has any resources. But no, let's pillage everything for what we want. Who cares about what we actually do and don't need?

* When people think they are right, but they aren't really, no matter how many ways you prove it to them: Trying to be right all of the time is just annoying. Accept your wrong for once! It's a part of life! Not the end of the world.

* People who think that they are the only living being in the universe: You do realize that humans, other animals, fungi, bacteria, plants, etc. are living beings, right? How about you treat them like one.

* Over-prideful, egotistic, self-absorbed, narcissistic sociopaths: Hey, guess what? Everything isn't all about you.

* Rich people: This goes without explanation.

* The economy: Ditto.

* Money: Ditto x 2.

* When I see something I really want from Mandarake and after I order it, it sells out: Okay, enough with the dittos. Anyways, that site is crueler than it looks.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2395 on: October 15, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »

I got more work problems. I was called in yesterday to cover for someone and said yes, cuz yay money. Little did I know that the person whose hours I took quit in the middle of his shift. I got off a little before quarter to 11 at night for the second day in a row. Now because the guy quit I am literally the only person at work who does my job as their primary responsibility and I have a feeling my hours are going to get more insane then after someone else who does my job on a different shift got arrested. To top it off I am scheduled to work all day tomorrow and go back Saturday morning. I'm thoroughly exhausted at the moment and for the foreseeable future I will be a zombie.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2396 on: December 05, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »

So currently I'm working in a distribution center for a store (pulling orders, stocking, etc).  Last year at this time, we were heavy with orders and had to work a lot of overtiime.  So much so the company said they were considering mandatory overtime on Saturday the next year.  Well, its next year, and business is nowhere near what it was last year.  HOWEVER, they company still decided to have us come in for mandatory overtime (or get penalized) I had to get up at my normal time, go to my job, did about 45 minutes of work-and then the company sent us home.  The phrase "not worth getting out of bed" has almost never been so true for me.

And they announced it last minute on Wednesday-so a few people I talked too had to drastically change some plans.  So nodoby in my department was happy today.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2397 on: December 19, 2015, 12:32:09 AM »

I got to work on Christmas  Bluesad Bluesad Bluesad Hatred Hatred Hatred

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2398 on: January 03, 2016, 12:06:12 AM »

next Saturday and Sunday I have to work from 8 AM to 10 PM because the guy at work, who I trained, quit

who needs sleep anyway

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #2399 on: January 03, 2016, 04:52:19 PM »

What grinds my gears is (are?) the smartphone/internet/Bluetooth zombies society has bred. Aside from the fact you can't talk to them with their phone constantly distracting them (and I have told such people I'll talk to them sometime when their battery is dead and was then called "rude" for saying it), they seem to exist in a closed universe from which they refuse to look beyond.

I'll make a reference to something, anything it seems (Liberace, potted meat, party lines on phones, references in new films that come from older films or talking about the original movie/tv series that a new film is a remake/reboot/rehash/rip off of), and get a blank stare or just plain ignored. On the RARE occasion someone asks me to explain, they are distrustful, like I'm demented or something. When I say, "Okay, then Google it.", they don't. You got the whole frigging internet literally at your fingertips, but you can't be bothered to stop staring at Facebook updates ("Here's what I'm eating right now!") for two seconds to learn something new.

However, if I don't IMMEDIATELY check out what one of these people send to me, then I'm told that "time didn't stop in the 80s, you know." They are right; it didn't, but seems like a lot of people became close-minded, self-involved jackasses since then.

On the flip side, since I talk to lots and lots of veterans at my job, older veterans call me "buddy" and "brother" because I CAN talk about things they can relate to. Being called that by a veteran damn near makes me cry every time it happens.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.