Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:20:20 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dingo Pictures « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dingo Pictures  (Read 9258 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: June 10, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »

Now, I would normally single out a specific movie from this company, but after scanning their an entire archive, there is no point.  Without a doubt in my mind, I present to you the worst animation studio ever: Dingo Pictures!

Operating out of Germany, this company is known for its bad animation, bad voice acting for dubbing (Only 2 voice actors are ever used!), ripping off most Disney/Pixar works, and a lot of other things.  Sometimes, seeing is believing, here's an example of their own spin on Antastia:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Man, this company freaks me out and I'm surprised that I haven't run into them sooner!  So, what do you think?  If you seen the movies they done or any other work by them, what's your thoughts?

Oh yeah, here's their website!

http://www.dingo-pictures.de/en/

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:01:47 AM »

I've never heard of Dingo Pictures and I'm glad that I dindn't.
Their animation looks totally gr*p.
Stay away! Thumbdown
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:56:23 AM »

It's worse than early episodes of Beavis and Butt-Head, I didn't know that was possible!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:39:26 AM »

It's worse than early episodes of Beavis and Butt-Head, I didn't know that was possible!

Hahaha!!! That's true!
ChaosTheory

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »

Wow.  That's so bad it's kind of amazing.
Serious Question: How did German film go from Fritz Lang and F.W. Murnau to Uwe Boll, Human Centipede and this?  I love the German surrealists, (in fact Nosferatu is my favorite silent picture) and this just bums me out.
Maybe I'm overgeneralizing.  I sure hope so.

It's funny Nukie mentioned the old B&B, since I was just recently on a nostalgia kick and watched a bunch of them on youtube.  I'd forgotten just how rough the early ones were, it's like an acid-trip version of them!! TeddyR
Small | Large

To be fair, I think Mike Judge was doing the bulk of the work by himself at first.  Wheras Dingo is a whole bloody studio.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Gst0395
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »

Okay, I'm sorry to bump this topic but I just have to comment on this. Seriously, these are some really scheiße cartoons right here, they represent a new low in western animation.

In case you weren't actually aware, these disasters were released on the PlayStation 1 and 2, with lazily added puzzles and minigames related to the cartoons all so they could get classified as "video-games". I remember "playing" one over a decade ago called "The Dalmatians" which was published by Midas Interactive on the PS1. I know this stuff was obviously aimed at kids, but even back then I saw it was as a cheap 101 Dalmatians rip-off with low-budget animation and annoying voice acting, as well as a boring storyline that couldn't keep me interested.

As far as I know, Dingo Pictures got a budget publisher called Phoenix Games to release their abominations once they moved to PS2. They've made quite a reputation for ripping off popular animated films like Bambi, Lion King, Anastasia, Land Before Time e.g. Not sure if they're still in business, who knows. Honestly, I'd expect better from a German studio. I don't think I've seen more lazily done animation in my life. Even characters in Clutch Cargo have more emotion.
Pacman000
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »

I've heard of them, but I've never seen one of their movies.  Their web site's still up, so perhaps they're still in business.

TV Tropes has a page for them: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/DingoPictures?from=Main.DingoPictures

I don't mind limited animation, stock footage, background/character reuse, etc.  Such techniques allow could allow an animator to tell stories using limited resources.  If the techniques are used properly, and if the story is good, the final product would be just as effective as a higher-budget work. 

Apparently, Dingo Pictures doesn't know how top use their techniques to tell a good story.
Gst0395
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

I do read up alot on TV Tropes, it's one of my favourite websites. I do agree that limited animation does not limit the ability to tell interesting stories with entertaining characters. Just look at Hanna-Barbera's early work for example. Dingo Pictures on the other hand don't even try to make something half decent with the resources they have. Instead it seems as they rip-off other animated works (probably to get themselves more publicity) with uninteresting stories and a dire lack of decent voice actors.
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 03:16:33 AM »

What puzzles me is how a German animation studio is named after a native Australian dog!

Q: "Why does Dingo Pictures only have two voice actors?"

A: "A dingo ate everyone else."

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »

/DingoPictures?from=Main.DingoPictures[/url]

I don't mind limited animation, stock footage, background/character reuse, etc.  Such techniques allow could allow an animator to tell stories using limited resources.  If the techniques are used properly, and if the story is good, the final product would be just as effective as a higher-budget work. 
Apparently, Dingo Pictures doesn't know how top use their techniques to tell a good story.
Tis true. If Monty Python's Terry Gilliam don't proove that, nothing will.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 12:54:58 AM »

When I read the thread title, I thought you were referring to this film  Wink

Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dingo Pictures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.