Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:01:40 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you argue about most frequently? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you argue about most frequently?  (Read 3248 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 11, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »

What do you argue about most frequently?  These arguments could be with your spouse or significant other, sibling, parent, friend, enemy, co-worker, or just about anyone.  Here are mine (in no particular order):

With my wife:

- Buying stuff:  I tend to buy things in large quantities.  I can't buy just one DVD . . . I need to buy 3 or 5 or 10 at a time.  Same with comic books, games, just about anything.  My wife remains calm for awhile . . . but then I'll show up at home for like the third time in a two week period with an armload of DVDs or something and the bickering begins!

- Clutter:  My wife is extremely neat and organized.  She keeps our house spotless.  I'm a bit more messy.  I'm not a slob by any means . . . I don't leave dishes of food all over the house or dirty laundry on the floor or anything like that (my wife would probably kill me if I did).  But I do tend to leave my mail (sometimes just empty envelopes) on the table . . . or I'll read the newspaper and leave it open and pulled apart in various sections . . . or I'll have a drink and leave the empty glass on the kitchen counter.  And I tend to let stuff pile up on our computer desk for months before I realize I don't need it . . . then I have a marathon shredding session.  Stuff like that.  My wife won't say anything for awhile, but then she reaches the breaking point and sounds the  battle cry of, "I guess Mess Man is Home!"  And the argument commences . . .

With my father:

- Anything to do with money.  My father is convinced that the owners and/or executive management of every company on earth are crooks and take great pleasure in screwing the public.  No person or company is allowed to make a profit or make more money than my father made before he retired.  If one store sells something for $10.00 and another store sells the same item for $11.00, the reason for the $1.00 difference is that the higher priced store is a bunch of crooks and they're trying to "screw the public."  If one company sells something in 16 ounce cans and another company sells a similar product in 14 ounce cans, the second company is trying to "screw the public."  If someone is a multi-millionaire, it's not because he worked hard, it's because he spent his life "screwing the public."  I agree that some people DO take great pleasure in screwing the public . . . but not EVERYONE ON THE PLANET.  This has resulted in some classic arguments with dad.

How about you?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 04:05:31 PM »

Online I argue frequently for massive , if not total, reduction of government. It seems like alot of people can sort of hang with that but they have one thing "but of course we have to"  global warming, terrorism, etc  one cause they embrace that they then insist everyone else embrace via the state
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »

Lester's bizarre political and pacifist!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:56:18 AM »

hi
i do not drink nor do i smoke and it is a very rare occasion that i go out to any social events.However when i do venture out to these rare events you can bet your ass my wife will remind me every single day for at least a month,argument ensues!

I can relate to burgomaster i also collect comice moveis<now my wife can spend all my hard earned cash on herself and our kids but if i buy one movie or comic....argument ensues.
I work with severely disabled children and i am always questioning the way some teachers treat the children i can be quite argumentitive sometimes.
macabre TeddyR

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 09:29:54 AM »

pacifist? no way. I think when war is a declared a citizen has a duty, and that is to form an army go the capitol and overthrow whoever declared the war!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 10:51:37 AM »

I'm a pacificst, and I hate to say it, but sometime you do need to go to war.  Bluesad

But most of the time, you don't.
Its best just to cut your losses.

I thought appeasment was a good idea. Yes, it failed. But at least it was tried.

Anyway, I don't want to start an arguement.
Not on this thread. 
Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »

Religion and the youth culture of my generation.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 05:50:41 PM »

With my wife...

Time.  My wife stays home with the kids and I find myself doing stuff my father and his father before him wouldn't dream of after working a 40 hour plus job.   I come home after a long day at work cook my own dinner, sometimes the kid's dinner, do dishes, vacuum, laundry, deal with the kids, etc.  All of which I don't really mind doing and I don't have to do it every day per se.  However, when I sit down to take a minute for myself, you'd better bet I get snippy as a pitbull when someone calls my name out for something. 

My forgetfullness.  I forget stuff self admiringly but honestly don't have time to remember to stop and get milk after work when its told to me at 8 AM in the morning. 

Kids.  Standard course of action in my house in this category is...1.) Kids misbehave...2.) Wife gets irritated...3.) Wife gets snippy with me....4.) I get irritated at wife...5.) I get irritated with kids for putting Wife in current state...6.) Kids get irritated with me.   Luckily this doesn't happen every day but kids can and will drive you nutty.  My 4 year old seems to prey on weaknesses like this and acts up the worst during this time.

With coworkers...

I don't argue much with any of them.  However, I end up in arguments over "who did what" or "how things are supposed to be done" that often end up in a stalemate.  Though I will admit they aren't really arguments over heated civil discussions. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »

With my girlfriend: nearly always over me hogging the computer and internet time. If I makes any money this year, finally going to have to shell out and try and get high speed via satellite.

With my parents: over me having wasted too much money in the past on DVDs and comic books. Well it was my hard earned money to do with as I pleased I felt at the time...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 11:52:37 PM »

I took my wife to a steak house the other day and ordered a Rib-Eye, rare.  The waitress arched her eyebrow and said: "Aren't you worried about mad cow?"

I said "No, she can order for herself."

AND THEN THE FIGHT STARTED . . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 02:37:45 AM »

I took my wife to a steak house the other day and ordered a Rib-Eye, rare.  The waitress arched her eyebrow and said: "Aren't you worried about mad cow?"

Buggedout Buggedout  + BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 07:25:05 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout  + BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Reminds me of the funniest joke I've ever heard when I worked in retail.  I asked a guy if he wanted a bag and he said, "nope I have one of those at home". 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you argue about most frequently? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.