Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:49 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Writer's topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Writer's topic.  (Read 3110 times)
Vik
« on: June 12, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »

Are there any other persons who write on this forum ?

Lots of them.  You could probably start a topic on that question and get lots of users to come out of the woodwork.

I used to write fiction, but that's on the back burner right now.  I sold one story, which pretty much satisfied my need for recognition.  I also worked as a staff writer/ghostwriter for a local magazine that folded after two issues.  Now, I only write movie reviews and the occasional movie essay, for the time being.  I'd like to write a script or two in the near future.      

Ah, awesome  Smile , I'll start a topic about it. As for me, I've written a bunch of short scripts (+- 5 minutes length average). And co-wrote with 2 other people a Zombie-B-movie (Title: ZOMBIE ATTACK 3), I estimate it will be about 30 minutes long, we are turning it into a stop motion animation using LEGO. Another short script I wrote is also being turned into a LEGO-animation by another person from another forum (Title: NIHIL)  Thumbup I'm also co-writing another B-movie with someone he will turn it in an animation. (Title: GIANT ALIEN BANANA'S FROM OUTER SPACE)
But 2 weeks ago I started writing my first feature length movie and I'm really eager to continue but I've got exams right now  Hatred It's a tarantino-esque zombie film. Hopefully I'll do a good job !

So here's the topic.

Here are some posters of the shorts:

I only made the NIHIL one.

So who are the other writers on this forum ? Share your experience and work !
I'll post some short scripts soon  Wink
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:21:06 PM by vik » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »

My response is quoted above, but I'll add that Joe the Destroyer recently announced he's disconnecting his Internet so he can focus on completing his novel.  I know I have heard others on here say that they enjoy writing.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »

I've posted a short story on this forum before and several poems. I have journals full of stuff like that not to mention all the TV Files I have stored away from when I used to write TV episode reviews for the old Scifilm.org site. I hope to someday get them back online in some fashion, perhaps even start my own website.I plan of doing more writing in the near future and forcing myself to stick to it. I've gotten too distracted from it in the last few years with generally my everyday life getting in the way. My largest input was actually back about a decade/decade and an half ago during my college years. One problem I have is just getting focused on accomplishing one goal as I have a tendency to dream up about 10 more things when I get started on one and it soon becomes too overwhelming in my head  Buggedout...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »

I've written a book on the history of SA's film industry from its' beginnings in 1895 to the present entitled Riding The High Wind. Never published but it serves as a great reference work for clients and I update it often.

My only published work is my review of An Eye For An Eye here and Jannie Totsiens on Rev Powell's site.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Vik
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »

A book ? Impressive  Wink Did you try and get it published ?
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »

I've got a novel completed.  I should see about getting it published.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Vik
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 12:51:41 PM »

I've got a novel completed.  I should see about getting it published.
Awesome  Smile What's it about ?
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:45:44 PM »

Uh.. I wrote some reviews on this site.  Does that count?  :)

Dunno.. I've written a few short stories in the past, but right now, other than journal entries, I don't write too much.  I get a lot of ideas in my head, but nothing really fully baked.  And writing is kind of tough for me cause I've got real low attention spa-oh, look, an ad for Bing!!  I gotta try that!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Vik
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 06:49:36 AM »

Uh.. I wrote some reviews on this site.  Does that count?  :)

Writing is writing IMO.

I also forgot, I've got a Blog: http://viktheprickblogger.blogspot.com/
Don't read it if you dislike fowl language.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 10:09:23 AM »

I used to write short stories and took a couple of whacks at writing novels. I also write poems from time to time (that somehow win awards once in a while and have been published; I guess some people like the crap that comes out of my pen). I've never had a short story or a novel published, but one magazine I submitted a short story to did, admittedly, reject it but they also provided a very helpful critique.

Right now most of my writing goes toward a script I'm working on to greatly improve my webcomic. Since I'm an amateur artist, I kinda like being able to write and draw the same story and I enjoy the challenge of creating a narrative that uses both a visual medium and writing.

I do plan to start writing short stories again, and I might take another crack at a novel. The first step, of course, is coming up with an idea that'll work for that medium. If I can draw it, then I'll draw it. If it'll work better as a film, I'll film it. If it'll work best as text, then I'll write it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Writer's topic. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.