Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:26:08 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes  (Read 15301 times)
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 13, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

I'd like to see Robot Monster remade, and stare at the beauty of thousands of CGI bubbles BounceGiggle
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »

Remakes blow (yeah, yeah, cliche, I know), but I'd like to see Scream (1981) redone. Maybe it'd make a little more sense.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 04:10:14 PM »

I think it is about time for a Ator remake, and might I suggested Miles O'Keeffe as the lead, yes?
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 05:01:46 PM »

Your avatar made me think how cool the original Phantasm would be, if it were remade. Maybe it would make more sense, give more meaning to all those flying orbs and zombie dwarves.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:13:36 AM »

It wasn't that bad a movie actually, but I'm surprised there's never been a WHITE ZOMBIE remake.  You could do all kinds of things with the basic plot/concept.  I'm surprised there aren't more voodoo zombie movies in general; or maybe it's just me that finds them kind of fascinating.

I still think PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR has the seed for a good movie. (Yeah, I know we got THE ISLAND but they insist on pretending that wasn't a remake).

OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES.  Like PARTS, cool concept, lousy execution.   

Again, not a bad movie, but at some point I'm sure they'll get around to remaking (and thorougly screwing up) THE CHANGELING.   

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
claws
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:24:47 AM »

For years I wanted a remake of The Last House on the Left and we got one last year. Turned out to be quite decent too.

Deserves (?) a remake: Day of the Animals (1977). I love the original but it would be interesting to see how the story would translate these days.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 01:27:29 AM »

I would love to see a remake of C.H.U.D., preferably with a big enough budget to have a full scale war between the surface dwellers and their erstwhile subterranean nemeses.

It's just such a strong idea, especially if you can get somebody with enough talent to provide a good tongue-in-cheek mood like RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. Doom for everybody!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 02:02:59 AM »

I feel stupid for saying this, but I'd like to see the old Gamera films remade, American style. Hey, if they could do a Godzilla remake, why not a Gamera one?
HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 02:05:45 AM »

A remake of Forbidden World would be cool. I'd love to see the movies with todays effects and bigger budget.
Or Mirror Mirror will be great too.

But whatever they'll do, the originals is allways better. They have that atmosphere that todays directors/writers can't capture.

~George
Nathan45
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »

The Stuff.  Its not a bad movie, but its ambition definitely outstripped its budget, one of the few movies that better special effects could really improve.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »

The Stuff.  Its not a bad movie, but its ambition definitely outstripped its budget, one of the few movies that better special effects could really improve.

Speaking of that, Street Trash would also look great with a remake, and nastier effects.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:25 AM »

I feel stupid for saying this, but I'd like to see the old Gamera films remade, American style. Hey, if they could do a Godzilla remake, why not a Gamera one?
But when the American version came out, it wasn't Godzilla- it was just Zilla. also, very poor CGI Godzilla.

yeah no.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 07:48:36 PM »

If there's one b-movie that seriously needs to be remade, it's gotta be "Journey to the Center of Time" (1967). This boring mess needs better F/X, actors, script and, most important of all: FASTER PACING. I cannot stress that last one enough. 
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »

A part of me wants to see Basket Case get remade, another part doesn't as the awful stop motion work was part of the movies charm and hilarity. However, the concept does have a good premise for a weird big-budget movie.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:28 AM »

A part of me wants to see Basket Case get remade, another part doesn't as the awful stop motion work was part of the movies charm and hilarity. However, the concept does have a good premise for a weird big-budget movie.

NO movie deserves a remake. Despite my hardline answer, however, I'll concede to the notion that not all remakes necessarily suck, they just tend to by default.

I've heard for some time that Russell Brand is going to do a remake of Arthur. Please, no.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.