Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:41:34 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes  (Read 15302 times)
GrandmasterTorgo
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 01:38:08 PM »

I feel kinda guilty for wanting to see the Re-Animator remade, but there....I said it. Cemetary Man might be interesting too.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 01:49:58 PM »

The Killer Shrews could use a remake  BounceGiggle
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »

NO movie deserves a remake. Despite my hardline answer, however, I'll concede to the notion that not all remakes necessarily suck, they just tend to by default.

I've heard for some time that Russell Brand is going to do a remake of Arthur. Please, no.
[/quote]

For the most part you're right, but your stance would mean a world where Carpenter's THE THING  and Cronenberg's THE FLY wouldn't exist.  A remake of Arthur would indeed be terrible, with or without Russell Brand.

One thing I'd love to see, and this isn't straight remake so much as an adaptation, is a decent Allan Quartermain movie.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »

NO movie deserves a remake. Despite my hardline answer, however, I'll concede to the notion that not all remakes necessarily suck, they just tend to by default.

I've heard for some time that Russell Brand is going to do a remake of Arthur. Please, no.

For the most part you're right, but your stance would mean a world where Carpenter's THE THING  and Cronenberg's THE FLY wouldn't exist.  A remake of Arthur would indeed be terrible, with or without Russell Brand.

One thing I'd love to see, and this isn't straight remake so much as an adaptation, is a decent Allan Quartermain movie.

[/quote]

Ah, but my stance allows for THE THING and THE FLY, both great films, while holding that  most remakes are sub-par at best.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »

While I'm not advocating a remake, there is one movie that I'm surprised hasn't gotten a remake yet.  Village of the Giatns  esp since teen comedies were big a couple of years ago. 

A new version of Inherit the Wind could be cool.  I'm sure it would be more controversial today then it was a few decades ago. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »

While I'm not advocating a remake, there is one movie that I'm surprised hasn't gotten a remake yet.  Village of the Giatns  esp since teen comedies were big a couple of years ago. 

A new version of Inherit the Wind could be cool.  I'm sure it would be more controversial today then it was a few decades ago. 

Actually, "Inherit the Wind" has been remade three times: in 1965, 1988, and 1999. But all these were productions made for television. Only once has the play by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee been made into a theatrical film, and that was in 1960.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »

Nude on the Moon. For obvious reasons. With Rose McGowan if at all possible.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Judge Death
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:57 PM »

I'd like to see a remake of Zardoz, even though I don't think it was a bad movie.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »

I'd like to see two of George Pal's movies remade: When Worlds Collide and Doc Savage.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 07:32:52 PM »

Since Godzilla and King Kong have been remade, why not redo Reptilicus? Imagine having a giant marionette terrorizing a model town being replaced by a CGI monster destroying a CGI city with tons of explosions and shaky camera movement......

......On second thought, better leave it be.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 08:59:17 PM »

I'd like to see a remake of London After Midnight, IN B/w, and stick strictly to the original script, no CGI.

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2010, 09:41:21 PM »

Transformers... that deserves a RE remake lol! Twirling
major jay

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »

It seems sooner or later FIEND WITHOUT A FACE is going to be remade. That sounds cool to me.  I can't post a link so I'll cut and paste the article.

A modern redux of the 1958 cult classic FIEND WITHOUT A FACE has been in the works for quite some time now, with filmmakers including Joe Dante, MAY’s Lucky McKee and NIGHT OF THE DEMONS’ Adam Gierasch involved at various stages. At this past weekend’s Saturday Nightmares event in New Jersey, Fango spoke to the man now holding the project’s reins: STREET TRASH writer/producer Roy Frumkes.

“I optioned the rights from [original producer] Richard Gordon, who has optioned them several times before,” Frumkes tells us; he’d like to have the veteran fear filmmaker play a scientist in the film. “We’ve been friends for 10 years, and he brought it up one day over lunch and we reached an agreement. Then I set my own deadlines: The option started January 1, and I gave myself two months to write the first draft of the script, which is done, and one month to research it. I’ve wanted to do this film for 40 years, so I already had it all in my head, and it wasn’t hard to write. What I didn’t have was the technical information; I’m no science buff. Now I’m interviewing scientists, getting the technology straight.”

Hammock Rider

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »

I'd like to see The Alamo remade again, but this time cast with as many washed up 80's action stars as possible. Arnie could be Davey Crockett, Steven Seagal could be Col. Travis and Bruce Willis could be Jim Bowie. For hyper-cheesiness they would cast Dolph Lundgren as General Santa Anna. Sly Stallone could be a time traveling John Spartan, dropped into the middle of things by a short circuiting cryogenics machine and Chuck Norris could play Jebidiah Walker, great grandfather of Walker, Texas Ranger.

They could call it something like Alamo 2: Fresh Out of Ideas.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
voltron

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »

Cool As Ice  BounceGiggle

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.