Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:49:07 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies where the bad guy(s) win(s) at the end « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Movies where the bad guy(s) win(s) at the end  (Read 20255 times)
Conf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 04:20:55 AM »

Intruder. The bad guy dies BUT there's a very funny twist ending...
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 07:15:51 AM »

Heres one to scratch your heads over could The Empire Strikes Back fit in this category. Darth Vader cuts Lukes hand off and while Luke gets away its just barely. Boba Fett takes Han Solo and Lando loses his city.

Smells like popcorn and shame
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 07:20:24 AM »

THE THING

The creature was not really a 'bad guy,' but the 'good guys' did not win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »

I think that in the most of zombie movies, the zombies allways win in the end.
Like Dawn of the Dead, Zombie 2, The Dead Next Door...
As suggested by myself above, in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, the "bad guys" are us and they "win" in the end.  This point is made much clearer in TOM SAVINI's 1990 remake. 

I guess you're right!
I think that Friday the 13th series can be included in the list.
Jason never dies, excluding the fact that in the end of every part, someone kills him, in the sequel he's alive again.
He's even back from the dead!  TeddyR

~George
ChaosTheory

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »

Heres one to scratch your heads over could The Empire Strikes Back fit in this category. Darth Vader cuts Lukes hand off and while Luke gets away its just barely. Boba Fett takes Han Solo and Lando loses his city.

Yeah, I wondered about that one too.  I think overall it's kind of a stalemate, Vader doesn't actually get Luke, but the good guys are in pretty rough shape too.  It's a great cliffhanger at any rate :)

Would Starship Troopers count?  

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:28:48 PM »

THE THING

What do you mean? We're led to believe that the creature was destroyed, do you think that either McGreedy or the black guy were infected?

-Jimmybob

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 01:01:17 PM »

THE THING

What do you mean? We're led to believe that the creature was destroyed, do you think that either McGreedy or the black guy were infected?

-Jimmybob

Whether or not they were infected wasn't the only issue at that point.  If I remember correctly their base and supplies had all been destroyed, they had no transportation, no way to communicate, and their next contact with people wasn't scheduled for a few weeks.  They were also in Antarctica, so they knew they would die from cold eventually. To top it all off it was nighttime, so it was probably colder than usual even.  The chances of somebody stumbling upon them was incredibly low.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Jim H

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 01:05:09 PM »

The Great Silence.  Pretty extreme in that regard.

I'd have to go ahead and disagree on Scanners.  What happened to the main character sucks, but he's still alive and the bad guy isn't.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 01:59:29 PM »

Not a bad movie, but the first thing I thought of was CHINATOWN.  A damn chilling ending.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 02:14:50 PM »

All the Saw films, definitely
Jim H

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »

Thinking some more, I'd say The Dark Knight qualifies.  There's really only one significant victory for the "Good guys" in the film, and the final victory goes to the Joker.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »

Although it has been mentioned, Funny Games.  That one stands out to me the most of all the films.  The frickin' bad guys cheated!  If no other character in any other movie can use a remote control to fix things, then these a-holes shouldn't be allowed to do it either.  It ruins the movie.

Revenge of the Sith ends pretty badly, although Obi-Wan and Yoda did survive ultimately.  Wicker Man is another example that pops into mind.  Manos: The Hands of Fate is another example, though I'm still confused at just what happened in general.

It's not a movie, but a lot of the endings of When They Cry (Most events of the show loop over and over, changing all the time) have very notable bad guys winning situtions.  The Cotten Drifting one is my favorite.

A very interesting one is The Sidehackers.  What a freakin' load, especially after such a very depressing and extremely boring movie.  Was not my kind of pay off, even though I was watching the MST3K verison.

In general, I really dislike films where the bad guys win.  I just don't like how the bad guys get away with things.  Hell, I could settle with a bittersweet ending where the good guys die but the bad guys still get what they have coming to them.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 01:08:35 AM »

I love movies where the bad guys win, because they are more realistic, and unexpected. I would love to see a spiderman or other superhero movie where the villain wins and the hero dies. I hate seeing stupid spiderman win all the time, I'D KILL HIM MYSELF IF I COULD!
HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 04:45:18 AM »

I love movies where the bad guys win, because they are more realistic, and unexpected. I would love to see a spiderman or other superhero movie where the villain wins and the hero dies. I hate seeing stupid spiderman win all the time, I'D KILL HIM MYSELF IF I COULD!

You can't kill Superman, he's invulnerable! Haha! Just kidding.
I definately agree with you. Imagine Venom  killing Spiderman for example... Now that would rule!

~George
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »

THE THING
Not really a bad guy?  Uhm... if THE THING comes to Earth again, he/shee-It can live next door to you.   Wink

I think we're led to wonder if THE THING was destroyed... and you didn't ask me, but I'll pipe in anyway with: I don't think they're infected, but neither is sure of the other, nor is the audience.  I love that movie.  

Thumbup
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:01:50 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies where the bad guy(s) win(s) at the end « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.