Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:12:17 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are the Worst Comic Book Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What are the Worst Comic Book Movies  (Read 9641 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: June 15, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »

With recent Jonah Hex comic book movie coming out (I might see it since it looks pretty interesting), I started thinking about comic book movies.  There are a bunch of good ones out there, like The Dark Knight and my all time favorite Dick Tracy.  However, for every good comic book adaption, there are at least 3 bad films.  Maybe its the acting, the its a poor adaption, its not interesting, or it could be a number of any other flaws that bog the movie down.  So, let's get to it, what are some of the worst comic books movies out there that you have seen?

I've already went off on a rage on The Spirit in a movie review, so I won't talk about it, but instead mention two films that are often ignored.  The first one being the first Hulk film in the 2000s.  Remember that?  No?  I don't blame you.  I remember seeing this film when I was younger and while I thought it had some decent effects, I just remembered I couldn't get into it.  I don't seem to remember any villian from it in particular that really stood out.  Though I say the biggest problem for it was that it wasn't memorable at all, just really 'meh'.

The other film is Son of the Mask.  The Mask is more or less based off a comic book series, so in return, I say the sequel is also a comic book movie in some sense.  I think we all know why it blows, but same reasons that I had a problem with the first Hulk also apply here with it being unremarkable.  Also, it just was not funny at all!  Reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy not funny.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:10:48 AM »

Elektra was boring as hell. Other than that, the ones I watched were all OK. The best one was definitely V for Vendetta.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:04:30 AM »

Both Fantastic Four movies and Daredevil spring to mind. Both the Fantastic Four movies were pretty cheesey and not very well acted, at least the second one had Jessica Alba and pretty visuals. As for the Daredevil I remember it being pretty boring and I didn't think Ben Affleck was very good as him either.
HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:42:53 AM »

Electra and the first Fantastic 4 movie. Boring as hell both of them.
The best in my opinion was V for Venteta, the Mask and Spiderman 1 and 2 was pretty cool.

~George
Conf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:31:56 AM »

Man-Thing
Return of the Swamp Thing
Batman Forever - Batman & Robin
Spawn
Neville

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 05:37:03 AM »

"Catwoman" also stands out as being particularly awful.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 08:57:36 AM »

Bimbos in Time- BOOOOORING!!!!!

yeah no.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 09:15:52 AM »

In the 70's there was a Dr. Strange tv movie that was pretty bad. The SFX were actually ok by 70's standards but they just didn't get anything else right. There was a bit of amusing 70's New Age psychobabble that's a tiny bit entertaining and Jessica Walters from Arrested Development plays the main villain, Morgan le Fay, but otherwise it was a big disappointment. You can marvel at it's suck-ti-tude for free at Youtube.

I know there is a new animated Dr. Strange that came out around 2007 but I haven't seen that yet. There are also reports that Guillermo del Toro is interested in making a live action Dr. Strange movie.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 09:37:26 AM »

Since I hate most of them, that's a tough question. I'll definately cite Fantastic Four, The Hulk, and Catwoman as particularly horrid.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 10:29:14 AM »

Anyone that mentions any of the Hulks or Fantastic Four obviously hasn't seen enough superhero movies to really chime in.

You want bad?

Catwoman
Man-Thing
Howard the Duck
Steel
Barbwire
Generation X
Archie to Riverdale and back again
Lady Death
any of the Crow movies after the 1st one

Hammock Rider

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »

Anyone that mentions any of the Hulks or Fantastic Four obviously hasn't seen enough superhero movies to really chime in.

You want bad?

Catwoman
Man-Thing
Howard the Duck
Steel
Barbwire
Generation X
Lady Death

I'd happily forgotten about Steel, Howard the Duck, Man-Thing and Barbed Wire. Those weren't just bad, they were offensively bad. I haven't seen the rest but I can imagine how screwed up they are. I think they were made at a time when studios were churning out movies just to establish the rights.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »

You want bad?

Catwoman
Man-Thing
Howard the Duck
Steel
Barbwire
Generation X
Lady Death

I'd happily forgotten about Steel, Howard the Duck, Man-Thing and Barbed Wire. Those weren't just bad, they were offensively bad. I haven't seen the rest but I can imagine how screwed up they are. I think they were made at a time when studios were churning out movies just to establish the rights.

Funny thing is, I would rather watch Howard the Duck than either of the Hulks. The Hulks were CGI-laden cookie-cutter comic book genre movies and I hate them mainly because of that. Howard the Duck was not a genre movie because it was way before the comic book movie saturation, and besides, it's a godawful movie that stands head and shoulders above the rest and is entertainingly bad for reasons that the Hulks will never be. So, it's all subjective I guess.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 12:43:12 PM »

The CAPTAIN AMERICA movie from the 1980s with Matt Salenger is dreadful (but it's a fun bad movie to watch).  I remember seeing a poster of Captain America's shield that said "Coming Soon" hanging in the lobby of a local cinema.  A week or two later the poster was gone, the movie never came to the theater, and it was on video shortly thereafter.  I rented it and it was putrid . . . but I will buy it if it gets a DVD release.

There was also a made-for-television WONDER WOMAN movie starring Cathy Lee Crosby and Ricardo Montalban that was pretty bad.  It was made a few years before the Lynda Carter series.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »

There was also a made-for-television WONDER WOMAN movie starring Cathy Lee Crosby and Ricardo Montalban that was pretty bad.  It was made a few years before the Lynda Carter series.

Whoa whoa whoa!  There was a Wonder Woman movie?!  Great!  Now I have to see this to believe it!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »

There were also two incredibly cheesy (but fun IMO) Captain America films starring Reb Brown!!! The second Captain America II: Death Too Soon actually had Christopher Lee in it?! They put together several Spider-Man TV movies from the old cheesy 70s Spider-Man live action series. Bad comic books movies: Hard to beat Batman & Robin in terms of the big budget ones.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are the Worst Comic Book Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.