Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:11:16 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Mike's random relationship tips for GUYS! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mike's random relationship tips for GUYS!  (Read 1767 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 16, 2010, 11:00:47 PM »

Hello all!  What is this you ask?  Well, this is a brand new thread I'm contemplating starting.  You see, I've been reading lately all these neat books on relationships and stuff, and have gotten all this great info but I have no one to use it on.  Then I thought, well, since most of it's for guys, where can I find a place where there's more guys than girls hanging out?  Then it hit me, here!  I can post some of the stuff I've learned here!

So, basically, I'm going to start with a post or two, and if enough people find it interesting, I'll keep posting until I run out of stuff.  (Or get bored.)

Now, first thing's first.. you may ask yourself, "Mike, (that's my real name, BTW, Mike), what a sec!  You by your own admission aren't really that great with relationships, and haven't had a date in quite some time, what makes YOU qualified to give out relationship tips?"  

Well, that's the good question.. you see, here's the thing, the stuff I know, while cool, for the most part, is usually in the vein of improving EXISTING relationships that you have, but most of the things I've read is a bit lacking in the areas on STARTING relationships (or the advice just hasn't yet born fruit for me.)  But I'm convinced the info is sound.  

Plus, I figure if I start posting cool stuff like this, the ladies on the board will spread word about me to all their single friends and the emails will pour on it!  (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:18:46 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:25:35 PM »

Go for it, my man.

I'll give one simple tip for men to increase their likelihood of getting a girl and maybe starting a relationship, and it's incredibly simple. Forget the posturing alpha-males telling you what gets girls. They hang out mainly in lockerrooms with other guys, what do they know? It's what I call "the proximity theory."

Simply find out where large gatherings of women are, and hang out there. Sure you're going to have to tolerate some things you don't like, but you don't have to do it all the time. I'll give you an example. If you want to be around a ton of women in one place, go see Sex and the City II this weekend. Laugh all you want.

Okay, let's say you want a bright, artistic type of woman. Go hang out at a Michael's, or enroll in a pottery class. Scores of available women guaranteed.

This doesn't mean you have to deny your manhood. Be a man, just hang out where the women are. Lockerrooms, comic book conventions, GENCON, you're not going to find a girl there, gents. Not gonna happen. It's fine to go to these places, just mix in the other stuff too. If I were a single guy again I can guarantee you I would have no problem whatsoever with enrolling in a dance class. Any guy who would make fun of me of suggest I'm a fairy is probably the same guy who would rather grind up against a bunch of sweaty guys in a mosh pit. Somehow that's more manly. f**k all that, get where the girls are. Period.

Here endeth the lesson.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
BTM

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:08:09 AM »

So, here's my first tip for today. 

Little things can mean a lot.

Lot of times a guy thinks they have to do something big and elaborate to get their woman feeling good.  (And I don't mean sexually aroused, just talking feel good in general here.)  But the truth is small things of appreciation mean a lot to a woman.  Sometimes all it takes most of them time is a little love and creativity. 

For instance one fellow, who's wife's name happens to be Kay was a big fan of Total cereal.  So the guy went to the store bought  a box of Special K and Total, wrapped them up in a bow and put it on the kitchen table with a note saying, "To my Special Kay, the complete and Total woman in my life" as he left for work. 

You can bet dollars he was greeted with hugs and kissed when he came home.

Another guy his wife liked candy, so he put a box of Good and Plenty in her purse, with the note that read, "To my darling wife, who gives me Good and Plenty love!" 

Including your woman's name in a special little note always makes it more memorable, no matter how silly it might seem.  For example, your wife's name is Alice?  Give her a little gift along with a note saying something like, "To my Alice, meeting your turned everyday into a Wonderland."  (Or such, you get the gist of what I'm saying.)

Another small thing most normal women dig: stuffed animals.  Get her a cute little monkey with the note "You're my prime-mate!"  Or maybe a stuffed cat with the note, "For the purrfect woman in my life!"  Yes, it's cheesy, but girls eat this stuff up.

Or another good one, write her a letter.  Yes, a real, honest to God pen to paper letter (if you still remember how to do that) and in the letter tell her you love her and why you here: the way she looks when she smiles, the way she encourages and supports you, the rougher times that her love has gotten through, etc.  Then leave the letter where it'll be found (or even mail it to her, cause everyone loves getting mail.)  A hand written note of affection is worth a lot to a girl, even if you're not much of a writer.

And don't want for JUST special occasions to do things like this.  Don't get me wrong, there are occasions you don't dare FORGET to do stuff for them (I'll cover those in another post) but doing things for no occasion at all is just as sweet and helps to keep things surprising and fun.  For instance, when's the last time while you were away from the house that you called your wife/so/gf for NO reason other than to tell her you love her?  When's the last time you got her flowers and it WASN'T after a big fight the night before or for a specific event? 

You don't want to wait, in fact, I'd encourage you not.  Little surprises in life help keep things surprising and fun for both of you. 

Now go do something!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Mike's random relationship tips for GUYS! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.