Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:20:02 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  192 proof vodka « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 192 proof vodka  (Read 7102 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »

there will be blood

http://gawker.com/5567305/

New York's State Liquor Authority just approved a 192-proof (96% alcohol) Polish vodka. Spirytus is "incredibly sharp. It takes your breath away," according to a random boozehound the Daily News interviewed. "It's like getting punched in the solar plexus."

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:43:32 AM »

Are you gonna give us a review on that stuff Lester?   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »

polish guy I talked to said its meant to be mixed with stuff and drinking its straight is pure insanity

so yes!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 03:56:51 PM »

The strong version of Everclear is only 190 proof.

I have never drank the stuff except highly diluted in punch.  I have used it as a solvent, though.

Use with care---that stuff can literally kill you.  In college they had to call an ambulance out for a guy who drank some straight, in a possible suicide attempt.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 07:35:21 AM »

Ah Spirytus!  Nectar of the gods!

It's quite nice, if you're into that sort of thing [that is burning and strong], that and you don't mind not tasting your drink.  We had it at my friend's bucks night [he's Polish] and it was used as a wake up part way through the night.  We also had it straight, so yeah, it could have been bad if it was later in the night when we were truly gone...

Personally I don't see the point in mixing it, but that's just me...

Still, it didn't seem as bad as the Absinth I got given for my 21st birthday: that stuff was a kapow of a hit. 

For both though: Best consumed in moderation: too much too quickly will knock you out pretty quickly.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 09:38:07 AM »

[Trevor rubs hands together with glee ~ I always keep a tin handy  Wink]

I think I've finally found the stuff that could remove the stains on my underpants.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »

Any of guys tried Four Loco?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »

[Trevor rubs hands together with glee ~ I always keep a tin handy  Wink]

I think I've finally found the stuff that could remove the stains on my underpants.  Buggedout

I would suggest, Trevor, before you clean 'em, you remove 'em.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 05:04:06 PM »

Instant alcohol poisoning.

Have fun, kids.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

Back when I was a hardcore alcoholic (and severely depressed ... a chicken or the egg kinda situation) I used to drink straight Everclear.

Once, I drank so much I got alcohol poisoning and had to go the ER to get my stomach pumped.  I think they may have given me some medicine, too, I wasn't exactly fully aware.  I remember the ER docs told me I'd have died if I hadn't gotten to the hospital.

I was messed up for days and days afterward.  Sick, had trouble seeing, formulating coherent thoughts, could barely talk.  It was like a very long, very severe hangover.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 09:04:51 AM »

I don't think there's a liquor sold legally in Canada (or at least Ontario) above 40% alcohol. Tried the odd smuggled bottle of Jamaican rum or Easter European paint remover. Too much bite, not enough taste.

The strongest thing I've had was moonshine somebody brought to a party years ago. Maybe 1990ish. Already had a lot of rye in me, and some Blue Curacao (the girls always seemed to have that stuff), when this distilled grape alcohol got passed around. Being already mostly plastered, I took a few good slugs of it while everybody looked on in amazement. In those days, I could drink anything, and if I was drunk enough, I'd drink or smoke anything you handed to me, but I wasn't ready for nearly straight alcohol and who knows what else. By the time everything around me started to get slow and hazy and distant and surreal, I still had the good sense to run into the bathroom and stick a finger down my throat. I remember nothing between that and waking up in one of the beds upstairs the following day. There must have been two weeks at least that I couldn't think about booze without getting queasy. You could mention rye bread and it would be enough. I had a few good binges over the following years, but I think I learned a lesson about unregulated booze, and showing off too.

These days, I might have one or two whiskies on Chritmas and two or three beers in a summer. I haven't been drunk in five years, and that was a specially arranged last hurrah with my best friends back at our hometown bar before I moved away. Might be partly family responsibilities, but also that drinking holds little interest for me. It was great when everybody was doing it every weekend and having fun. Out of that context, it loses something for me. I no longer enjoy the feeling of intoxication, and although I like the taste of rye and cola, vodka and tonic or beer, a plain old Pepsi tastes better.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  192 proof vodka « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.