Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:06:49 AM
714354 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Want to See An Epic Fail? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Want to See An Epic Fail?  (Read 3235 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: June 20, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_MTV_Movie_Awards

Take a look at what won best movie of the year for 2010, best actor, best actress, gobal superstar, best... ah hell with it!  Look at who won and look at a lot of those nominees.  I'm getting flashbacks of what happened last year...

Anyways, got any epic failures or fails that you would like to share?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:39:44 AM »

Looks like MTV lost any shred of credibility it might have had.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 06:38:14 AM »

I could understand if those were one person's nominations, but the really sad part is it was probably voted on by a group.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:55:56 AM »

Anyways, got any epic failures or fails that you would like to share?

Here you go:

Haircut, teeth and underpants fail.  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:23:17 AM »

I weep for society's taste in movies.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

does this include death metal?

yeah no.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »

Looks like MTV lost any shred of credibility it might have had.

Well, the problem with your statement is that MTV awards never really had any credibility to begin with. MTV as a station lost all credibility when it stopped playing music videos and mostly stopped showing TV shows about people who make music.

An epic fail in my neck of the woods is the Alberta environmental act. It had promise, but it looks like the government's going to buckle to please the oil companies again (they asked that the wording of one bill be changed so that they wouldn't actually have to do anything to restore the essential wetlands that their activities damage/destroy). But then, Alberta's environmental policies have been a joke for years. When your province's tourism ads rely on depicting a beautiful, pristine mountain wilderness you'd think that actually keeping the area like that would at least register a blip on the radar, but alas...
Cthulhu

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 11:57:21 AM »

does this include death metal?
Movies. How does death metal comes here?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »

The good news is that list doesn't represent society's taste in movies.  It's MTV's audience's taste in movies.  Obviously teenage girls, and DarkSider's wife, make up a large portion of that audience. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 12:47:09 PM »

The list does not surprise me considering the source....

I spent the last four days on a trip with a 12 year old girl who I could see voting that list into being.  Furthermore (perhaps this helps explain that list), she does NOT read.  Anything (well, except text messages on her phone).  She loves Steven King MOVIES and really dug PET SEMATARY.  Her aunt and I both tried to convince her that if she liked that movie, she would REALLY REALLY dig the book, which we both thought was MUCH spookier than the movie.

No joy.  She won't read it - won't even give it a chance.  She has absolutely no interest in reading.

She even stopped reading one of the Twilight books because it was "too boring."

Now, I've always been an avid reader as well as a movie buff (as I think many here are), and I'm having a hard time getting my mind around this active aversion to reading.  But here's our future.  The MTV generation can vote now (and this 12 year old will be soon enough) and will be running things before ya know it.

Have a happy day chewing on THAT one ...    TeddyR

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »

The good news is that list doesn't represent society's taste in movies.  It's MTV's audience's taste in movies.  Obviously teenage girls, and DarkSider's wife, make up a large portion of that audience.  
Happy to say when it comes to Eclipse I've put my foot down...for now.  I told the wife, go alone and enjoy it.  I simply don't care about the story or any of it's characters.  I just hope the lure of writing another scorching review won't  make me change my mind.  Apparently the last book is just beyond silly.

I'm sorry to all Twitards out there who believe this story to be the best (est) ever,  get real, Twilight Saga IS the most weakest story ever written. Keep in mind, I gave this story a chance!!!  Hell I kind of understand it's appeal to certain age groups but as a whole, it belongs next to the 99 cent cheesy romance novels with Fabio on the cover at the supermarket checkout.  And yes, I've told my wife all this who insists I'm just "being and @sshole".  But honestly, when it comes to not caring about what happens after giving the first two a shot (and not to mention reviewing them) I give up and just don't care.  

You can wrap up the whole series into one sentence; "Supernatural teens act very whiny in the woods".   It is an absolute crime Stephanie Myers is a gozillionaire from writing such tripe.   Thumbdown
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:58:08 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jim H

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »

The list does not surprise me considering the source....

I spent the last four days on a trip with a 12 year old girl who I could see voting that list into being.  Furthermore (perhaps this helps explain that list), she does NOT read.  Anything (well, except text messages on her phone).  She loves Steven King MOVIES and really dug PET SEMATARY.  Her aunt and I both tried to convince her that if she liked that movie, she would REALLY REALLY dig the book, which we both thought was MUCH spookier than the movie.

No joy.  She won't read it - won't even give it a chance.  She has absolutely no interest in reading.

She even stopped reading one of the Twilight books because it was "too boring."

Now, I've always been an avid reader as well as a movie buff (as I think many here are), and I'm having a hard time getting my mind around this active aversion to reading.  But here's our future.  The MTV generation can vote now (and this 12 year old will be soon enough) and will be running things before ya know it.

Have a happy day chewing on THAT one ...    TeddyR

The one thing we can be happy about is the rise of some of the recent teen series like Twilight, Harry Potter, and others.  Quite few teens and pre-teens read this book, then read other books, and for some of them this definitely spills over into a continuing lifelong interest in reading.  Not ALL of them, of course, but I know from first hand experience some kids who were basically dragged into reading books like these and ended up enjoying it so much they kept on reading other stuff.  I have no actual data on it, but it appears to me more kids of the younger half of my generation (millenials) read books than the ones actually my own age.

That said, while the MTV awards have always been crap, it seems to me the audience's taste has only gotten worse.  Consider the most recent five winners versus the first five winners.

First five:
Terminator 2
A Few Good Men
Menace II Society
Pulp Fiction
Seven

Recent Five:
New Moon
Twilight
Transformers
Dead Man's Chest
Wedding Crashers

Or maybe the best blockbuster films (which is what dominates all the wins) were just better in the early 90s than now...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »

That said, while the MTV awards have always been crap, it seems to me the audience's taste has only gotten worse.  Consider the most recent five winners versus the first five winners.

First five:
Terminator 2
A Few Good Men
Menace II Society
Pulp Fiction
Seven

Recent Five:
New Moon
Twilight
Transformers
Dead Man's Chest
Wedding Crashers

Or maybe the best blockbuster films (which is what dominates all the wins) were just better in the early 90s than now...

Well at least Wedding Crashers is a good movie compared to the other and at least the choices they picked for 2005 are all good movies so I would have been fine with any of those choices.  Dead Man's Chest didn't have much compedition except Little Miss Sunshine, so I could buy it winning.  Transformers winning is where I see some problems become very rampant, with better choices like Juno, Superbad, and I Am Legend.  With Twilight winning, which beat Slumdog Millionare and The Dark Knight, it is apparent the people who are voting have no clue on what is a great film.

What really scares me is who Fantasy Film at Spike TV's Scream Awards.  That went to Twilight, which beat out Caroline, Watchman, Up, and Harry Potter 6.  They took Best Fantasy Actor and Actress.  Bulls**t.  I also take offense that Bruce Campbell didn't win Best Horror Actor, but that is a whole another argument.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jim H

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 05:19:32 AM »

Well at least Wedding Crashers is a good movie compared to the other and at least the choices they picked for 2005 are all good movies so I would have been fine with any of those choices.

My opinion, Wedding Crashers is not only the worst film that won the award, but is my pick for the worst film amongst the winners AND Nominees combined..  Pretty much agree with you on the rest though.  I enjoyed all three Pirates films, and my favorite of the trilogy is actually Dead Man's Chest.  Main thing though...  Is that films like Pulp Fiction or Terminator 2 are much better than, say, Twilight.  I think anyone with a Y chromosome can pretty much agree with that assessment.  :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Want to See An Epic Fail? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.