Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:09:06 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  New episodes of FUTURAMA « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New episodes of FUTURAMA  (Read 5520 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: June 26, 2010, 09:25:56 PM »

For anyone who might have missed it, the long-delayed, long-promised 6th season of Futurama has just begun on Comedy Central (and just when I cancelled cable, too).

I watched the first too, and it almost seems like the writing crew has picked up where they left off.  The only thing that bugs me is that Fry and Leela are an "item" now---that must have happened in one of the straight-to-DVD movies.  Can't say I'm fond of the idea. 

Here's the official site with some video previews and stuff: http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/futurama/index.jhtml.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:52:39 PM »

The weird thing about Fry and Leela getting together is they implied that's where it was going on the final episode of the last season before it was canceled, then totally ignored it for two movies.  I didn't see the last two direct-to-DVD movies though, so I can't comment further.  Still, I'm glad to see the show back on the air, as the show was still consistently funny when it was canceled.  It deserved better treatment, and I'm glad it got a second chance.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »

The weird thing about Fry and Leela getting together is they implied that's where it was going on the final episode of the last season before it was canceled, then totally ignored it for two movies.  I didn't see the last two direct-to-DVD movies though, so I can't comment further.  Still, I'm glad to see the show back on the air, as the show was still consistently funny when it was canceled.  It deserved better treatment, and I'm glad it got a second chance.

It happens in the last direct to DVD movie.  Sadly, my schedule has me missing the show on Thursday. But I'm so glad it's back-I'll catch it on reruns.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »

I am glad that it is back.  The writers are doing the same forumla  Cheers but some times it seem that they are getting a little more adult than usual.  The V-Ginny episode was a little adult.  Still funny.  I have seen all of the movies.  Some good, some not so good. 

Will still watch.

Later,

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Evollove
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 03:24:36 AM »

it is funny the episode where they reference their own cancellation and really rip the fox execs

it is not a big stretch for fry and leela to get together; they are together in parallel universes sometimes on the show
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 06:11:43 AM »

I liked the ep about "robosexual" marriage and how it blasted the frak out of that ridiculous, but sadly effective anti-gay marriage commercial with gay marriage being compared to a storm, and being this huge terrible thing that had to be stopped because..well, because terrible things would happen if gay marriage were allowed. Like....like...like..

The ad on futurama where they said "Imagine the terrible things that will happen is robosexual marriage is legalized, then imagine we said them because we couldn't think of any."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! Twirling
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »

Honestly, I've been a little disappointed with this run of the series.  The Leela-Fry romance got rid of an important character dynamic and they haven't replaced it with a new one.  Still better than most other shows on TV, but just doesn't seem quite as sharp as it used to be.  Hopefully the writers will get back into the swing of things soon.

Jim H

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »

Honestly, I've been a little disappointed with this run of the series.  The Leela-Fry romance got rid of an important character dynamic and they haven't replaced it with a new one.  Still better than most other shows on TV, but just doesn't seem quite as sharp as it used to be.  Hopefully the writers will get back into the swing of things soon.

I'd agree.  It's a good show still, but not quite as good.  However, the writing staff is quite a bit smaller now, and they had a huge gap of time inbetween seasons, so I'd say there's definitely a possibility it will get better as things smooth out.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 01:48:56 PM »

Good news: "Futurama" and the four direct-to-video movies have just been added to Netflix streaming.  Now I'll be able to catch up on what happened between the end of the Fox series and the new series.  Thumbup

ArmyOfMachines25
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »

Futurama is back, good thing too i love the old episodes but sometimes it gets boring whatching them over, and over, and over again. I enjoy the new episodes their pretty good but i still think the old ones are much better
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  New episodes of FUTURAMA « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.