Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:02:54 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trouble Ahead For Fans Of RE-ANIMATOR! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trouble Ahead For Fans Of RE-ANIMATOR!  (Read 12059 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 09:00:38 AM »

What network is gonna run this?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 10:45:04 AM »

What network is gonna run this?

Someone is already lighting up the torches ready to burn the place down....

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »

I hate teenagers. Hatred

First they ruin Superman with a stupid teen piece of s**t called Smallville. Then they ruin great dance films like Dirty Dancing by changing the genre into stupid teen dance movies. Also, we shouldn't forget about the dreaded High School Musical movies Bluesad

Now after making teens think vampires are nice emotional creatures thanks to Twilight, Hollywood wants to introduce zombies into the every-growing, PG-rated tweenie database.

Now I know I won't see the scene with a living head licking a naked chick in a remake of Re-Animator.  Bluesad
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 01:47:45 PM »

Now, I'm not all that familiar with the particular story that Re-Animator is based on, but even I know that Lovecraft loved his gory images, perversions of nature and characters going insane. Somehow, that just doesn't scream "PG-rated teen drama."

As far as modern Lovecraft-inspired works go, I'm going to stick with Eternal Darkness. Sure, it wasn't based on any Lovecraft story, but damn did it get the atmosphere and general plot right. Especially since the game isn't content to just screw with your characters' heads.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »

Lovecraft loved his gory images, perversions of nature and characters going insane. Somehow, that just doesn't scream "PG-rated teen drama."

Did Lovecraft love gory images?  Hmmm.  I cannot recall reading any actual gore in his body of work.  I would describe his style as more of a slow building, subtle mind-freak.

Perversions of nature?  Characters going Insane?  Check.  He did have those.   Thumbup

As I think about this TV project, I realize that I don't really care if they want to re-imagine the RE-ANIMATOR concept into a TWILIGHT-esque show to appeal to teens.  I'm fine with that.

What bothers me is the use of the West character (as described) and ANY association with Lovecraft.  This teen drama will NOT be Lovecraft and it is an insult to his genius to create a generation of 'fans' who think it is.

So, I think it is okay to take the basic premise of the story and work it into whatever they want to do...it's their project. 

But please, can we just have West left alone?  PRETTY PLEASE with reagent on top?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »

As I think about this TV project, I realize that I don't really care if they want to re-imagine the RE-ANIMATOR concept into a TWILIGHT-esque show to appeal to teens.  I'm fine with that.

What bothers me is the use of the West character (as described) and ANY association with Lovecraft.  This teen drama will NOT be Lovecraft and it is an insult to his genius to create a generation of 'fans' who think it is.

So, I think it is okay to take the basic premise of the story and work it into whatever they want to do...it's their project. 

But please, can we just have West left alone?  PRETTY PLEASE with reagent on top?

I agree that Lovecraft should not be associated with the Twilight brand of wuss horror. But if there is any bright side to it, some of these kids might discover quality horror literature as a result.

Or it could start a trend that will finish up with Cthulhu as a sparkly, sensitive, troubled soul, madly in love with an angst-ridden teen girl, even though the other Great Old Ones (also sparkly and effeminate) frown on their relationship.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 04:30:41 PM »

(Holds his head and starts rocking back and forth)

This isn't happening...This isn't happening...This isn't happening...This isn't happening...This isn't happening...

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 07:53:41 PM »

Oh my word. 
My head hurts...    Hatred
What do you care?  You don't watch television... after all, you're the smart one...  Thumbup Wink

Seriously, Ulthar and everybody, I had 3 or 4 years without TV (I could watch videos though, and did) so I can relate to... was it your daughter who said "TV is boring..."?   Question  It's true!!! 

I do watch a few of those horrible Bravo reality shows like "Top Chef" and "Housewives" ( Lookingup Hatred Bluesad) TCM, IFC... Food Network, Lidia Bastianich, any chef except a laundry list of those on Food Network... that's it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »

What do you care? 

Answered in a later post:

This teen drama will NOT be Lovecraft and it is an insult to his genius to create a generation of 'fans' who think it is.

I would not watch it if I *DID* have a TV...but that does not stop me from hating its existence.  Right or wrong, that's my position.   Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 06:30:46 AM »

You know whats next: From Beyond ER. The incredible tales of a young blond medical student and the two men she's torn between.

Smells like popcorn and shame
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 07:05:59 AM »

If nobody watches it, it will go away.

Babies taste best.
Cthulhu

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »

If nobody watches it, it will go away.
Yes, please, make it go away.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 09:45:56 AM »

Only good shows just go away. Somebody always watches crap.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 10:56:06 AM »

Only good shows just go away. Somebody always watches crap.

Sadly true...I mean, "Survivor" just won't die but everyone knows it's trash.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »

As I think about this TV project, I realize that I don't really care if they want to re-imagine the RE-ANIMATOR concept into a TWILIGHT-esque show to appeal to teens.  I'm fine with that.

What bothers me is the use of the West character (as described) and ANY association with Lovecraft.  This teen drama will NOT be Lovecraft and it is an insult to his genius to create a generation of 'fans' who think it is.

But please, can we just have West left alone?  PRETTY PLEASE with reagent on top?

I agree that Lovecraft should not be associated with the Twilight brand of wuss horror. But if there is any bright side to it, some of these kids might discover quality horror literature as a result.

Or it could start a trend that will finish up with Cthulhu as a sparkly, sensitive, troubled soul, madly in love with an angst-ridden teen girl, even though the other Great Old Ones (also sparkly and effeminate) frown on their relationship.

AndyC, don't give them ideas.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trouble Ahead For Fans Of RE-ANIMATOR! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.