Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:41:55 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes you had to rewind and watch several times « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Scenes you had to rewind and watch several times  (Read 8589 times)
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

Meurdher? Who said meurdher??!!

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »

AndyC, Sorry, I certainly was not trying to insult you or anyone. I liked.a Last Man Standing. That's why I put the silly laughing emoticon in, it was meant in humor. I have fun going back and separating fantasy from reality,but it doesn't decrease my enjoyment of movies one bit. I make my living by the scientific method, it's second nature.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »

AndyC, Sorry, I certainly was not trying to insult you or anyone. I liked.a Last Man Standing. That's why I put the silly laughing emoticon in, it was meant in humor. I have fun going back and separating fantasy from reality,but it doesn't decrease my enjoyment of movies one bit. I make my living by the scientific method, it's second nature.

OK, maybe I reacted a bit too quickly. Sorry about that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

Meurdher? Who said meurdher??!!

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 11:09:18 AM »

No problem. I understand the movie business is all about illusion, but some of the illusions have been accepted into the public's mind as "realistic", just because we've seen them a million times on screen. Most times I don't notice them either, unless they draw attention for some reason.
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »

There's been unrealistic gunplay in movies for as long as there's been movies.   Smile

Clips I had to watch over again  - La Lusienne scene in Inglourious Basterds; for one thing it's awesome, for another it's really really hard to determine who shoots who at the end.

The Limey - While Fonda's character is talking at the party, Wilson, in the background, casually tosses a guard over the edge of the deck.  One of those "did he really just do that?" moments.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Jim H

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 03:47:11 AM »

There's a bit in We Are Going To Eat You where a main bad guy who the heroes have been fighting slips on a roller skate and lands face first on a weapon on the ground, instantly killing him.  My friend I saw the movie with were so shocked and amused we watched it a couple times.

The chainsaw duel from Tiger on Beat is another one.  The entire sequence is a near flawless combination of frenetic editing, brilliant choreography and stunt work, well-chosen angles and good action composition, even a great usage of rhythmic pulsing (look at the sounds in a wave form editor and you'll see what I mean) and light with multiple rising and falling actions and careful usage of miniclimaxes to raise tension and excitement. 

Small | Large

It's too bad the entire film isn't quite as well-made.

Another one is the sequence from Ip Man where he beats the crap out of 10 Japanese students.  The savagery, skill and choreography on display are really good, but the emotional intensity is probably the best part.  I might warn you, if you're sensitive to dislocations and bone injury you might not want to watch the clip. 

Small | Large
Vik
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 07:20:21 AM »

Small | Large

Ezekiel 25:17
Just brilliant.
Small | Large

Just brilliant.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 11:22:41 PM »

The scene in Friday The 13th Part III, where a guy has his head crushed by Jason and his eyeball comes shooting out at the camera.  The special effects were downright awful and goofy, it was funny each time I rewound and watched it again.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 07:02:40 AM »

This might not count, since the movie was a compilation of clips, but watching It Came From Hollywood back in the 80s, there were two bits we had to watch over a few times.

Small | Large

And at about 5:16 in this clip.
Small | Large

---------------------
Raffine

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »

Andy, here's the whole number. It's Al Jolson in the film WONDER BAR singing that uplifting number Goin' to Heaven on a Mule.

Small | Large

It's hard to believe this was considered acceptable entertainment even in 1934.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Raffine

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »

That IT CAME FROM HOLLYWOOD reminded me of another great musical number, Turn On the Heat from SUNNY SIDE (1929).

Again, here's the complete, unedited sequence:

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Spaz456
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

In silo killer 2 wrath of kyle the start is a bunch of killing with terrible special effects i couldn't stop watching it over and over
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »

NSFW
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »

Beavis And Butthead Do America

The Part Where The Guy Farts Near The Campfire And It Causes A Massive Explosion

Vampire's Kiss

The Part Towards The End Where Nicholas Cage Is Ranting And Raving To His Imaginary Girlfriend While Walking Through Traffic
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »

The scenes in "Lair of the White Worm," where the villainess Lady Sylvia Marsh (Amanda Donohoe) seduces the virginal boy scout (Chirs Pitt.) So she can use him as a sacrifice to her god Dionin. Prime wanking material that. Especially if you put yourself in the role of the boy scout.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:36 PM »

Prime wanking material that. Especially if you put yourself in the role of the boy scout.

Only up to a certain point. TeddyR

---------------------
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes you had to rewind and watch several times « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.